Automatic Hatchback Under Rs.10 Lacs. Super Confused!!

Advance congrats on your new Polo GT TSI and the red will suit the car really well it will give you a sporty look and the GT TSI Engine is known for its performance and the polo is one of our country's hot hatch. Do update after taking delivery waiting for the news [:)]
Regards,
FordFiesta1.6[:)]

Last edited:
Thread Starter #19
Thank you so much guys. Do you people think that I should go for a seat cover just after the delivery. The SA is telling that there is leather upholstery which VW calls Milan Schwartz or something like that and I don't need any seat cover.

Thank you so much guys. Do you people think that I should go for a seat cover just after the delivery. The SA is telling that there is leather upholstery which VW calls Milan Schwartz or something like that and I don't need any seat cover.
I got the VW supplied seat covers installed in my Polo from the dealership itself. They costed me 8.2k but got them for free after a bit of nagging, you can try the same.

One thing for sure, the covers have a fantastic fit and quality is also quite good, not only this, the fabric color is perfectly matching the interior. Will post the pics once I pick Mr. Laptop.

I got the VW supplied seat covers installed in my Polo from the dealership itself. They costed me 8.2k but got them for free after a bit of nagging, you can try the same.

One thing for sure, the covers have a fantastic fit and quality is also quite good, not only this, the fabric color is perfectly matching the interior. Will post the pics once I pick Mr. Laptop.
Waiting for your pics of seat covers, please post them soon.

Sorry for delay sirji, these covers are very welcoming as they are built with a really nice material and do perfectly match the interior of my car and the beige stitching just makes them full paisa wasool stuff (No offense to anyone but I found them way better than the autoforms my Corolla was living with). Here they are:

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

Last edited:
Thread Starter #25
Thank you one and all.
TSIVipul, the covers are really nice. But I think I have to pay for them as the dealer is very reluctant on giving any freebies except mudflaps and floor mats. From the very first day she is only saying that sir there is no discount or freebies with GT TSI.
By the way, my GT TSI is costing me 9.7 lacs OTR

@Saubhik
If you have to pay for the seat covers then you can opt for the autoform covers too. I guess the ones you will get outside for 8-9k from autoform will definitely be better than what these guys are offering.

They don't actually offer any freebies on the GT siblings, nag a bit for floor mats though else the free floor mats are just beige color fabric mats which are good for nothing. Be very straight and ask for the rubber mats only. Actually you have paid the booking amount, hence they won't be giving much now; had you done the bargaining before head and you would have got benefits of 4-5k easily (nothing more than that).

Even I was also planning GT TDi (9.84 lac with ext. warranty, zero dep and temporary reg + accessory kit free). Then I got to know of this Highline TDi readily available (only diesel for me, have done 4900 kms in 44 days of ownership).

Mathematics time [evil]
  • 0-100 difference: 1.7 seconds
  • Top speed difference: 10 km/hr
  • In gear acceleration (3rd and 4th gear): More or less same, negligible difference.
  • Can Polo TDi do 150 kph comfortably?: Yes it can
  • Price difference: 1.4 lac after discounts and all bargain on H/L TDi

1.4 lac difference means I will have 1.4 lac more in my account for buying dieseltronics tuning box, better tires, aesthetic changes etc and still will have enough money for 10k kms fuel as well as one service bill. Final; I am buying a H/L TDi.

BUT

If it is GT TSi vs 1.2 MPi then even after a price difference of 2.5 lac, the GT TSi is still VFM. It saves more than 5 seconds to 100 kph, has a 7 speed DSG with ESP, hill hold, hill descent and what not. Full paisa wasool product... Hence no discounts :tongue:

Huh.. Typing so much with phone takes a lot of effort :stupid:

Last edited:
Thank you one and all.
TSIVipul, the covers are really nice. But I think I have to pay for them as the dealer is very reluctant on giving any freebies except mudflaps and floor mats. From the very first day she is only saying that sir there is no discount or freebies with GT TSI.
Since the GTs are being sold like hot cakes, you're unlikely to get freebies and discounts. If you try hard you might get some discounts. Congratulations on the decision. It is indeed a nice car. In the range of 10 Lakhs, the GT twins are the best in performance. What is the waiting period? Be sure to do a PDI before taking delivery.

With regards,
Harikrishnan

Thank you one and all.
Sir just bargain with them for free accessories and extended warranty. Because even a Normal Polo and Even the Vento Gets free insurance sort of discounts then why not available in Polo GT TSI. Just ask them some Free accessories. or some car care works like the under chassis coating and wax coating. Just bargain till you get a better offer sir. Advance congrats on your new Polo GT TSI Flash red, I am eagerly waiting to see your car[cheers].

Have A Happy Shopping...

Apologies for reviving an old thread. But after driving through the horrible traffic of Bangalore, my mind started veering towards automatic hatch.

I drive Rapid on the infamous ORR of Bangalore which would probably make life in hell a whole lot more comfortable. The clutch of Rapid is 'heavy' and the incessant stop and go actions makes it unbearable.

-Would it be good to sell my (diesel) Rapid and buy an automatic hatch? My daily commute is 40km in city everyday. I also do long 1000km trip every 3 months. I also do 300km+ long drives at least once a month outside the city
-What kind of automatic is best suited for Bangalore conditions (ORR specifically)
-If I were to buy an automatic, my preference would (a) No jerkiness, shift shocks, no lag when pulling (b) fuel efficiency (c) cost of car in that order

I suggest you test drive Baleno CVT and Honda Jazz,CVT If you want cheaper option try Grand i10 / Xcent ATs.

If you are ok with AMT , there are host of choices. I was in same boat as yourself finally settled for Tata Tigor XZA AMT. Contrary to belief it is not jerky (in M mode) and gives decent FE in BLR traffic.

Top Bottom