Auto World Expo 2011 in Chennai

Hey guys I had a chance to visit Auto-Expo in chennai and I was totally disappointed. Thought I would see some concept cars in display, I was amazed that would be a visual treat and that was completely nailed out when I went there.

Atleast thought I would see all the cars in display and even that was ruled out. I didn't even see a stall from Maruti, TATA, Chevrolet and none from BMW too. Atleast hummer managed to get a stall which is great.
My wife was very eager to see Manza, she personally liked it. She was also disappointed.

I would say only Benz SLK was attracted by many people. Bikes from yamaha, suzuki and another one(forgot the name of it) was worth.

In my opiniion Auto-Expo 2011 chennai would be great for first time buyers who would personally like to have the experience of the interiors of their preferred one.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #47

350Z

Core Team
How to embed photos in our post
Please visit this thread: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/announcements/18-how-adding-pictures-videos-posts.html

Hey guys I had a chance to visit Auto-Expo in chennai and I was totally disappointed. Thought I would see some concept cars in display, I was amazed that would be a visual treat and that was completely nailed out when I went there.

Atleast thought I would see all the cars in display and even that was ruled out. I didn't even see a stall from Maruti, TATA, Chevrolet and none from BMW too. Atleast hummer managed to get a stall which is great.
My wife was very eager to see Manza, she personally liked it. She was also disappointed.

I would say only Benz SLK was attracted by many people. Bikes from yamaha, suzuki and another one(forgot the name of it) was worth.

In my opiniion Auto-Expo 2011 chennai would be great for first time buyers who would personally like to have the experience of the interiors of their preferred one.
I didn’t expect that this year’s Auto Expo will be again a letdown. They started publicizing about it since beginning of this year.

Drive Safe,
350Z

I didn’t expect that this year’s Auto Expo will be again a letdown. They started publicizing about it since beginning of this year.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Yea 350Z, you are exactly right with all that hype I was completely dissappointed. Lets hope for good one next time around.

Last edited by a moderator:
@0n7june,nice photos there.Didn't you see the Hummer stall?Do post more photos of the Skoda in that gallery.
@ramesh.ms85,did you see the Hummer at the stall?That seems like an addition to the expo,as "on7june" didn't post a single picture of it.

@0n7june,nice photos there.Didn't you see the Hummer stall?Do post more photos of the Skoda in that gallery.
@ramesh.ms85,did you see the Hummer at the stall?That seems like an addition to the expo,as "on7june" didn't post a single picture of it.
Yea I did see the hummer stall(just the stall) a display of their products.. Nothing more..

I think "on7june" didn't like to take photograph of a stall.. He would have expected atleast a basic product to be dispalyed.. [thinking]

HUMMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I did not see that stall (on 23rdJune) when i went. May be the next day they could have added. I love Hummer. Its a treat to watch. Unable to visit the auto expo again today. Busy shopping today and tomorrow

HUMMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I did not see that stall (on 23rdJune) when i went. May be the next day they could have added. I love Hummer. Its a treat to watch. Unable to visit the auto expo again today. Busy shopping today and tomorrow
Yea I agree.. Just one more day left, lets c if there are any additional stalls.. Guys please update your experiences in here..

BTW hummer stall is right oppisite to where Volkswagen cars are being displayed..

Went to the Expo today with Surendar and Marun. Huge letdown i must say atleast last time there were few exotics but this time only the SLK! Some of the bikes were Hayabusa , R1 , CBR 250cc and Intruder. Rest all other normal cars which we see on road only! This expo is only useful for car buyers not for auto enthusiasts! Entry fee Rs.20 only though. Din take much pictures as it was just the regular cars anyways will upload the pictures tomorrow.

But the Skoda Yeti performance drive was awesome! In case those guys who have attended the expo missed this , then you missed the best part of this Expo!

Well we tried but we couldn't get a proper location to capture a video , but have taken many pictures. Hope that will be sufficient![:)]

Thread Starter #57

350Z

Core Team
Yes. I'm looking forward to them. For real action on automobiles, catch Auto Expo 2012.[drive]

Drive Safe,
350Z

Here are the pictures of the expo. As i said before there was nothing much interesting except the Mercedes SLK. Here are the pictures of the Yeti performance drive and the modified i20 and Octavia are stickering works. And also you find pictures of the wooden M800. Pictures of the SLK will be posted by Surendar.

These were the only pictures i could manage. Being a Sunday it was too crowded to even take one proper picture!

Attachments

Top Bottom