Auto World Expo 2011 in Chennai

Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
Come June 2011, and Chennai will be hosting its own largest automotive expo in South India that will showcase world class automobile brands, designs, products and technology under one roof. Other attractions like vintage cars, modified cars / bikes, stunts etc. will have their presence felt too. Auto World Expo 2011, Chennai is supported by FADA (Federation of Automobiles Dealers Association), CRIDA (Chennai Regional Indian Oil Dealers Association), FIHPA (Federation of Indian Hire Purchase Association), and is expected to attract over 50,000 visitors from South India region alone. To make sure that you do not miss this event, note the event details mentioned below.

• Event: Auto World Expo 2011

• Date: June 23rd 2011 – June 26th 2011

• Venue: Hall 2 & 3, Chennai Trade Centre
chennai-autoworld expo.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

This is sure to be cracker of an event for Auto Enthusiasts. Lucky break for Guys at Tamil Nadu. I guess all the auto industry majors would take a part.

Would it be as big as the Auto Expo Delhi?
I seriously doubt that! In 2009 the same expo was held out here at the same venue.

Myself, co-member Ilango and another friend came all the way from Pondicherry in our bikes but got disappointed![frustration]

cars showcased were from brands like Maruti Suzuki, Tata, Ford and only one modified Endeavour (limo version) was there.

Bikes brands were Bajaj with Pulsar, Discover series along with few models from Yamaha, Honda & TVS.

We came back cheated last time! Let us hope it is good atleast this time!

Will surely pay a visit though!

I don’t think I will even plan for this event. Last time a friend of mine visited this expo only to hit upon commonplace models of the manufacturers. As of now I am hooked to the dates of Delhi Supercar show which I think is worth a visit!

I don’t think I will even plan for this event. Last time a friend of mine visited this expo only to hit upon commonplace models of the manufacturers. As of now I am hooked to the dates of Delhi Supercar show which I think is worth a visit!
There is other way of looking at it too. Most of times people at big cities find no time to visit the Showrooms. So these Auto shows are apt place to get all the existing models seen under one roof. As far as new models are concerned usually companies stay far from displaying them as the current product portfolio is effected. This my personal opinion.

Thread Starter #8

350Z

Core Team
Would it be as big as the Auto Expo Delhi?
Delhi Auto Expo is the largest automobile show in India, which attracts masses of auto manufacturer’s from worldwide. I doubt if currently any other auto-event in India can even match up to its levels.

I seriously doubt that! In 2009 the same expo was held out here at the same venue.

Myself, co-member Ilango and another friend came all the way from Pondicherry in our bikes but got disappointed![frustration]

cars showcased were from brands like Maruti Suzuki, Tata, Ford and only one modified Endeavour (limo version) was there.

Bikes brands were Bajaj with Pulsar, Discover series along with few models from Yamaha, Honda & TVS.

We came back cheated last time! Let us hope it is good atleast this time!

Will surely pay a visit though!
Are you sure that it was Auto World Expo? That was some different automotive show, I guess?

There is other way of looking at it too. Most of times people at big cities find no time to visit the Showrooms. So these Auto shows are apt place to get all the existing models seen under one roof. As far as new models are concerned usually companies stay far from displaying them as the current product portfolio is effected. This my personal opinion.
Well said.

Drive Safe,
350Z

yeah vibhor, I am not sure about the year if it is 2008 or 2009 but it is the same expo for sure!

have to see if there are any improvements this year. Keeping fingers crossed.

Thread Starter #10

350Z

Core Team
Well hope, it will be bigger than previously hosted events. Apparently, at least it looks so.

Drive Safe,
350Z

chennai members always gets some chance for meet. atleast you will post coverage pics..but hope there wont be any repeated cars on display!

Every time there was no mention of world expo. But this time it is called auto world expo which is going to be one cracker of a expo in south india.
All the enthusiasts would see the best auto expo of chennai coming april.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #15

350Z

Core Team
Just reviving this thread to let others know that the date of this event is coming closer.

auto world expo.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom