Auto Sales Executives – Are they Informed Enough?

Thread Starter #16

350Z

Core Team
Re: Female Sales Executives - Are they Confident Enough?

BTW, what are you booking, Vibhor?
None of them.

What all problems mentioned in the above posts were faced by me even with male SA
This is the attitude of a lot of Male sales persons too.
Obviously, it is not that some male dealers aren’t dumb. However, from a personal observation my experience has been that most of the men are generally much well-informed and enthusiastic. This is a sensitive and debatable topic, but again I’d like to remind, this no way means of offend anybody by anyway.

Drive Safe,
350Z

I have seen both, male SA talking rubbish or ignorant about the features completely and females are well informed but to tell you my feeling. It is by default better to deal with male SA then female because to get maximum out of any deal you need to be little personal or use different tone. Which people generally would not be able to with females.

Less salary for female exe. I dont believe it completely because dealers dont want to lose business and they would not like to appoint under paid SA to give them no business. Moreover, these things are incentive driven.

The male SE also not well informed and are also nervous. But the Female SE not to offend are more cooperative then the male SE. And moreso the female SE are able to get the more bookings then the males as male purchasers tend to get attracted towards them and book the car. No offence meant.

I went to Tata showroom and there the female SE attended me and she was able to arrange the TD of Linea and Punto, the same was at Auto Vikas, Maruti "AAA" and to name few more.

The one who was at tata showroom no works at Hyundai and through her only I got my sister to book her car i10.

That diffcult to say that Female SE are not so efficient.

Last edited by a moderator:

My contribution to this thread:

The term MCP is used for men, usually with some power, who believed that men were superior and expressed that opinion freely in word and action.

Let me also quote my experience. while I was glancing at the spec sheet for Toyota Etios (which I later purchased too), the lady came to me and asked which version I was looking for. I replied "G" version. In response to that she said, "Do you want balloons in your car?"

I was almost in splits. :lol!:

Well,firstly a good news,today I am getting one more addition to my garage a Corolla Altis D-4D.
Bad news:Can't walk due to injuries of accident for some days so can't post any initial drives etc etc,but will be soon starting a new thread on it.

Well my experience with female executives was quite good,what I have noticed is that if the executive is very good looking(okay-hot) then most probably she lacks the knowledge and if she is looking okay then she will bowl you out and seal the deal because she will be knowing how to sell.There are exceptions,but as you may be knowing beauty and the brain are a rare combo....:biggrin:

When I went to see the Skoda Laura,I was there warmly greeted by a very good looking(okay guys-very hot) female executive with a very nice voice and very confident too.I mean the girl was enough to lock the deal with many customers even without showing the car because customers would have liked to meet her daily.
Came the TD car,on seeing the car,I said "So,who'll drive first(of-course I too was flirting with her..:tongue:)"
She:"Sir,of course you".
I:"You can call me vipul".
She:"Okay,now lets go vipul(the another guy from Skoda also accompanied us but kept mum,maybe he was sent considering the rising crime-against-women)".
While driving on NH-8(I bought it from Gurgaon),I made the TSI show its true character.
I:"So what the TSI means".
She:"Sir its.....yes,its TURBOCHARGED SUPER INJECTION".
I:"Mam,its stratified,not super".
She:"You can call me Priya,not mam".
I:"I am better with mam,now tell me the specs".
She:Taking out that leaflet started reading the specs"Bla-bla-bla".
I:"What the hell?Don't you know it?".
Suddenly the guy from dealership(Mr.Satyapal)intruded and answered each of my query in such a way that it was more than enough to satisfy me.

We returned the dealership with the guy on the front seat now and girl mum at the rear.Met my father,and asked him to get the car booked.
suddenly the girl appeared again saying "Sir,let's do it now".
I:"I don't want to do it now with you,send Mr.Satyapal(I really respect the guy)"

AND NOW I AM DRIVING MY PETROL ROCKET..

SO MY POINT IS THAT THE FEMALE REPRESENTATIVES CAN TRY OTHER METHODS TOO WHICH GUYS CAN'T AND ALSO KEEPING THEIR RESPECT IN MIND,THE TO-BE-CUSTOMERS ALSO DON'T MIND THEM TOO MUCH.

Second:
At the time we booked Honda City for my friend,we again came across a female representative.She was quite short and not very good looking too,but what the selling skill she had!
The girl blown us away in just 15 minutes and convinced us to buy the car,she knew everything and had a valid answer for every query of ours.

Posting back to back,because the matters does not relate at all..

About this ABS and airbags thing,I'd say that its not only female,but male sales executives too say the same thing "ABS and airbags are no use,they are just a waste of money".And this annoys me the most.why?Because money can be earned but a broken head can't...

Once I had visited Hyundai showroom with my friend. I came across a lady SE. I was surprised a bit first time, but later after talking with her for while she seemed Tobe quite knowledgeable. She had explained all the aspects about all the cars. Many times even many men SE are not knowledgeable.

Went on a car hunt for a friend. At the Toyota showroom, the SE said the Etios's steering expands in diameter as we go on long drives[:)]

recently visited Honda showroom in Andheri to check out Jazz...
Q1. is the car will be delivered with teflon/car-lack coating
A - its already there on the car

Q2. what about anti rust coating??
A - This one is also already there on the car

Q3. Is there any warrantee for the paint on the car??
A - its not required. if u keep the car in shade, paint won't fade off [frustration]

recently visited Honda showroom in Andheri to check out Jazz...
Q1. is the car will be delivered with teflon/car-lack coating
A - its already there on the car

Q2. what about anti rust coating??
A - This one is also already there on the car

Q3. Is there any warrantee for the paint on the car??
A - its not required. if u keep the car in shade, paint won't fade off [frustration]
Third one was funny, do you think these dealerships park your car from SUN or Rain, never.
They just park it in scorching heat of sun.

Sachin & Manas ,
I had a real good laugh just reading that.
If it had happened with me , i would have created a laughter marathon at the dealer itself. [lol]

However , I do thank & respect the lady i met at TATA showroom when i went to check out Vista & Manza. She had everything about car, versions , accessories , finance on her fingertips.

Ive seen women Se being very informative and patient. and guys being dumb heres a recent one

at the hyundai showroom after booking my new verna sx(o) and making a full payment went to the accessories guy

Me: I want to change my stock bulbs to phillips 55w/60w, would you be able to do that if i got the bulbs from outside?

Guy: No Sir!! no Sir!! not recommended car can catch fire and insurance and warranty void!

Me: (felt my rage coming) Ok so then what about installing an amplifier and changing my speakers?

Guy: no sir!! waste of money sound be same, Car can catch fire, cabling tampered warranty void!

Me: (almost about to punch him) all right then.

Guy: Sir a new security device has just been launched for verna, ur variant just blinks light, But doest give sound if any one breaks door no sound, install this sound come then car not robbed then.

Me: NO!NO! wires cut and device fixed, car catch fire, warranty canceled insurance canceled No no no. (and walked away)

zengetz

Suspended

Let me also quote my experience. while I was glancing at the spec sheet for Toyota Etios (which I later purchased too), the lady came to me and asked which version I was looking for. I replied "G" version. In response to that she said, "Do you want balloons in your car?"

I was almost in splits. :lol!:
Baloons ??? Dont tell me she was referring to Airbags [lol]

Ive seen women Se being very informative and patient. and guys being dumb heres a recent one

at the hyundai showroom after booking my new verna sx(o) and making a full payment went to the accessories guy

Me: I want to change my stock bulbs to phillips 55w/60w, would you be able to do that if i got the bulbs from outside?

Guy: No Sir!! no Sir!! not recommended car can catch fire and insurance and warranty void!

Me: (felt my rage coming) Ok so then what about installing an amplifier and changing my speakers?

Guy: no sir!! waste of money sound be same, Car can catch fire, cabling tampered warranty void!

Me: (almost about to punch him) all right then.

Guy: Sir a new security device has just been launched for verna, ur variant just blinks light, But doest give sound if any one breaks door no sound, install this sound come then car not robbed then.

Me: NO!NO! wires cut and device fixed, car catch fire, warranty canceled insurance canceled No no no. (and walked away)
Ha ha ha ROFL .
I could not digest these conversations.
You can very well change the bulbs, no one will be cutting the wires.
Just they will be replacing the bulbs with the stock relay.

Regarding ICE go with a professional installer.
So is this a cost cutting mechanism of not giving a siren?

Top Bottom