Auto Rickshaw Scratched on Front Bumper

Hey guys, even I have the same problem.Today, while I was parking I dashed into an old clay pot that I couldnt see as it was late in the night and the scratches the bumper got are pretty deep. Is there any way I could have it removed without going to Ford. This is a new car, hardly did 1140 Kms and If I tell Ford people while my first servicing to remove it, I am sure they'll put a heavy figure in my bill. Please help.

Attachments

350Z

Core Team
Today, while I was parking I dashed into an old clay pot that I couldnt see as it was late in the night and the scratches the bumper got are pretty deep. Is there any way I could have it removed without going to Ford.
Welcome aboard to The Automotive India. I’m quite sure simple rubbing compound should help. Give it a shot. Even a local denter / painter can do this job.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Rubbing wont help,its pretty obvious from the picture that those are very deep scratches,Your best bet is to find a mid level workshop & ask they do a mild touch up job,since its below the car ,it wont be that noticeable.Guessing should charge you under 1200 rupees. I have noticed all the bumpers in our recent cars have pathetically thin layers of paint.

^ touch up job or rubbing? Since there are some spots still missing am guessing you used an abrasive polish to realign the existing paint?

So 7 months later [sleep] you finally decided to do something,but nice of you to update it here [cheers]

^ touch up job or rubbing? Since there are some spots still missing am guessing you used an abrasive polish to realign the existing paint?

So 7 months later [sleep] you finally decided to do something,but nice of you to update it here [cheers]
It was a touch up, The mechanic did use a polish. The spots you see is where the paint has been scraped. Since nobody can see it I decided to leave it that way. Sorry for the delay in updating , was little busy [:D]
This and a few other other touch ups cost me just Rs. 150.

Last edited:
It was a touch up, The mechanic did use a polish. The spots you see is where the paint has been scraped. Since nobody can see it I decided to leave it that way. Sorry for the delay in updating , was little busy [:D]
This and a few other other touch ups cost me just Rs. 150.
For Rs150 , local touch up places won't even look at the car. You are lucky[:)]

For Rs150 , local touch up places won't even look at the car. You are lucky[:)]
haha Yes. There is this place in Hyderabad where you can get the work done properly and very cheaply too. My friend got his Fiesta's doors, rear bumper and side panel re-painted. They did an awesome job and it cost him only Rs. 7,500. Other shops were asking somewhere between 12k - 14k.

Top Bottom