Auto Lock in Spark

Thread Starter #1
Hi,

I my new spark LPG LS, i found one feature which was not mentioned anywhere [ or atlease I have not noticed ] that after specific speed [ not noted ] all four doors are lock automatically.

I actually never used to lock driver side door while driving. Last week I found it suddenly but did not care about it thinking that I would have done accidently.

But today, I was comming to office [ Saligramam to Ennore via manali express highway ] and I heard a click sound. but not botherd much and when I about to get down at office, found that the door was locked.

Then only I realized that this feature is exists in my car. normally i drove the vehicle only in city for past 10 - 15 days from the day I took the car. this is the second time, i am taking the car to office and since it was highway i was crossing 50kmph speed.

Can any one confirm it?

Sethu

350Z

Core Team
Yes. That’s called speed sensing auto door lock system which is one of the basic safety features in modern cars. It automatically locks the doors when the car hits the certain speed limit mark. Just check the owner’s manual, it must be having a mention of it somewhere.

Drive Safe,
350Z

@ Sethu, At what speed you were driving when you observed this "click" ? Was that your second outing on the car ? See why am I asking is, you should have encountered this before that you tried to get down and found that the door was lock.

As Vibhor suggested you will definitely find a reference in the owners manual if your car is equipped with it.

Thread Starter #4
Thank you Mr. Vibhor and Mr. Shailinder

@ Sethu, At what speed you were driving when you observed this "click" ?
Sorry I did not noticed it.

Was that your second outing on the car ?
Yes. This is my second highway travel [ eventhough the distance between office and res is 30 KMs ] and only possible situation to touch atleast 60KMPH speed.

See why am I asking is, you should have encountered this before that you tried to get down and found that the door was lock.
Yes I had mentioned that in my OP that I had seen once before and yesterday was second.

Strangely, today also i came by car in the same route, but nothing had happend like that.

I think, it might happend when u go on specific speed for specific KMs. Cos of trafic [ hope some can understand container trafic in manaly express highway ] I [ not only me, most of the private vehicles ] had to take diversion on right side opposite direction. due to which I was driving slowly.

As Vibhor suggested you will definitely find a reference in the owners manual if your car is equipped with it.
I have gone thru manual fully on the first day itself [ as normally every one does with over enthu], but i have not seen anything like that. let me check it again today and try to find it out.

Otherwise, I will be going to service cetner for some minor issues, then I will check with them. Hoep they should be able to provide me accurate information.

I have an additional question related to this.

Does this is happending means, can i assume that my car has central locking system, not manual but automatic.

I know of two ways the central locking works.

One is speed sensitive - when the car moves attains a certain speed, usually around 10 kmph (in my Manza), the central locking activates. I find this type very useful and safe. If you stop the car to let off a passenger and then attain the minimum speed, the door locks.

The other type is timed locking system. If locks after a timed interval once the ignition is on. And unlocks when it is turned off. this type come with my older Zen which had Nippon security system.

Automatic Central locking is consistent and does not require high speed or more than 30 kms to activate it.

If in your case This has happened only on two occasions, then you might want to check the locking system in your car.

Unless, of course, you were traveling all the 30 kms in first gear (low speed), which is unlikely.

In our manza in speed say 15kmph , the door lock shuts.

the amazing feature is , you brake to halt after the lock , some one opens one door[other than driver door] to get out or some thing , again you pick speed , the single door lock get activated after 15kmph.

Every car with this feature , will lock after minimum speed of 10 to 20kmph.

For WagonR the speed is 20km. We can change it by using the security programming feature. i am planning to the programming to turn of the chirp sound when locking /unlocking the doors.

Thread Starter #8
Am sure it is not 15 or 20 KMs.. Cos so many times i have crossed that.. I dont know do i need to do any settings or something..

I think we need to check with some spark owners or service station.

Top Bottom