Auto-Folding 3rd Brake Light Upon Engaging Reverse Gear

Thread Starter #1
My another DIY job that the third brake lamp automatically folds in once we put the reverse gear then it automatically comes out when the gear is changed from reverse. A couple of times this third brake lamp got damaged while taking reverse that make me to build one like this.

IMG-20150627-WA0017.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQzvPMJP4tU&feature=youtu.be

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Re: Automatically folding third brake light when putting reverse gear.

My another DIY job that the third brake lamp automatically folds in once we put the reverse gear then it automatically comes out when the gear is changed from reverse. A couple of times this third brake lamp got damaged while taking reverse that make me to build one like this.
Awesome![clap]. This type of DIY is innovative and really helpful and it protects the stop lamp from getting damaged in traffic. Does it need some welding/soldering or drilling? I may consider it for my Honda CITY though I am terrible in DIY things. Please elaborate on the process.

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #3
Awesome![clap]. This type of DIY is innovative and really helpful and it protects the stop lamp from getting damaged in traffic. Does it need some welding/soldering or drilling? I may consider it for my Honda CITY though I am terrible in DIY things. Please elaborate on the process.

Regards

Akash
Ya it needs some drilling.
The main part of the project is an actuator (which is used in for closing and opening of ac shutters in automobile. The one i used for this project is from mahindra xylo. The specialty of this actuator is that its angle is 90 degree and also it auto cut off the supply (12V) when it reach maximum reach (0-90) & (90-0)

The circuit used is very simple a 4 pole double throw relay
Untitled.jpg

Ya it needs some drilling.
The main part of the project is an actuator (which is used in for closing and opening of ac shutters in automobile. The one i used for this project is from mahindra xylo. The specialty of this actuator is that its angle is 90 degree and also it auto cut off the supply (12V) when it reach maximum reach (0-90) & (90-0)
A unique and very innovative DIY it will be.
I doubt its long term reliability because it will have to face water and mud splashes there which can cause damage or can effect performance . You will have to take extra care. Best of luck brother.

Thread Starter #5

A unique and very innovative DIY it will be.
I doubt its long term reliability because it will have to face water and mud splashes there which can cause damage or can effect performance . You will have to take extra care. Best of luck brother.
The actuator are sealed and also more torque so that no need to worry about water and mud[:)]

Nice DIY, [clap] but what is the use of that actuator in Xylo? please get us a plain picture of that actuator.

Thread Starter #7

Nice DIY, [clap] but what is the use of that actuator in Xylo? please get us a plain picture of that actuator.
For opening and closing shutter in a.c. (to choose air from inside or out side)

41eNjdNpu9L._SX425_.jpg

Last edited:

A bit of-topic but this can be installed into alto's AC, for a electric selection of re-circulation and how much it cost. Where could i find this to buy. [:)] an another DIY idea for me

A nice DIY never knew such kind of things were simple to do. however im sure it seems simple but must have undergone a lot of hard work. keep up the nice work and thanks for sharing and educating us all here.

Thread Starter #10

A bit of-topic but this can be installed into alto's AC, for a electric selection of re-circulation and how much it cost. Where could i find this to buy. [:)] an another DIY idea for me
You can get it from vehicle parts store or from scrap. Don't know the price exactly.

Top Bottom