Auto Expo 2018 From 9th Feb at Expo Mart, Greater Noida

Thread Starter #106

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Oh Right. Due to a long queue, we wanted to return later to this stall. But was not so prominently visible.
No issues bro. Do check our coverage of the Mini's Display @ Expo.

Also TATA to didn't participate in full strength. It's Subsidiary Jaguar and Land Rover too took an off.
Ya that's true. I was expecting to see the new Velar, E-Pace and more of their upcoming JLR concepts. But no worries, launches will happen in 2018, 2019 and then we'll be heading to the Expo again in 2020.

But however, things were boring.
To a large extent yes. Tata Motors by far had the most exciting display followed by Mercedes Benz & BMW and then KIA. KIA's display was an outstanding one to be honest and the Ioniq twins by Hyundai were quite a looker too. What I missed was, FORD (I was really looking forward to their participation this year) and 2nd thing was I had a lot hopes on M&M but apart from the Stinger concept and the ATOM, rest of their display was pretty much the same.

Let us hope the Auto Expo in 2020 will be more expansive, more participation to happen and we enthusiasts get an overdose of the thing we love the most, cars!

Lastly, I pray to god that I get married by then so that I don't have to visit the expo alone. I am kind of tired now of going alone to the expo[lol]

Regards

Akash

Akash, hats off to you. Envy you but the effort you put in is fantastic. As a tata fan was their any talk about the Venture van or any avatar of it? Are the electric ace family just technology demonstration? Sorry, so many questions to ask..

Thread Starter #108

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Akash, hats off to you. Envy you but the effort you put in is fantastic. As a tata fan was their any talk about the Venture van or any avatar of it? Are the electric ace family just technology demonstration? Sorry, so many questions to ask..
At the unveiling ceremony the focus was only on the 2 concepts of TML cars. In the commercial segment as there has been shift towards adoption of electric vehicles so TML has showcased their electric vehicle line up too. Eventually they will make it to the roads. I am glad the coverage was upto the expectations of the TAI-gers. Will be posting the videos also soon.

Regards

Akash

At the unveiling ceremony the focus was only on the 2 concepts of TML cars. In the commercial segment as there has been shift towards adoption of electric vehicles so TML has showcased their electric vehicle line up too. Eventually they will make it to the roads. I am glad the coverage was upto the expectations of the TAI-gers. Will be posting the videos also soon.

Regards

Akash
Fantastic coverage Akash, thanks to your great efforts. Will wait for your videos.

Thread Starter #110

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Friends,

The Auto Expo 2018 Ends today evening. A week long event full of new cars / concepts and excitement. Though the event this year had lesser participation of brands yet it was an enjoyable experience for the car & bikes enthusiasts here. The display areas were well laid out and proper space enabled us to click the cars and bikes in a proper way. Though me & Vibhor took it upon us to ensure an exhaustive coverage, we certainly looked forward to pictures of the expo from fellow members as well. The 1st day was very exciting and equally tiring too as both of us had to run from one display to another to ensure maximum pictures. Keeping our tiredness and other things at the back, we made our efforts to give you all a coverage worth appreciating. I do hope, in 2020 when the next expo in India shall happen, we all at T.A.I will participate in large numbers and make our coverage even more exciting and exhaustive as our tradition has been. I would also like to extend a big vote of thanks to the TAIgers who have been a constant source of motivation & support for the forum. It gives us immense pleasure when we see that our fellow TAIgers are enjoying the coverage we do. It is all for the enthusiastic members like you that we go the extra mile in giving you all the best always.

Hope to see you all participating with us in the next Expo and even at many more automotive events in future and looking forward for your consistent support & motivation[:D]

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #111

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Auto Expo – The Motor Show 2018: A Grand Culmination to Asia’s largest Motor Show​

Greater Noida, 14 February, 2018: Auto Expo – The Motor Show 2018, the biennial auto show, came to a successful completion on the 6th public day of the Motor Show at India Expo Mart, Greater Noida today. The exposition, jointly organized by - Automotive Component Manufacturers Association of India (ACMA), Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) and Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers (SIAM), was held from February 9 – 14, 2018.

This edition of the Auto Expo culminated with a resounding success and has been the harbinger of transformation for the Indian auto industry. Auto Expo – The Motor Show 2018 witnessed over 500 product displays from 119 exhibitors. This included 53 Original Vehicle Manufacturers showcasing over 100 products, included 22 launches, 81 product unveilings and 18 concept showcase. There were 14 new brand launches that included Kia Motors India, India Kawasaki Motors and Cleveland CycleWerks. There were 25 Electric Vehicles showcased in this edition of the Auto Expo. A total of 11 start-ups marked presence in India through this edition of Auto Expo 2018. The crowds converged in large numbers, not just on the weekends but also on regular weekdays. The additional day saw large congregation, especially at the Special Zones created this time.

Mr. Vishnu Mathur, Director General, SIAM said, “Auto Expo – The Motor Show 2018 is yet another milestone as a grand exposition that has built a brand image for itself over the years. It is the biggest platform for the Indian Automobile industry to showcase its journey towards the future of ‘Mobility in India’, with competitive & world class products, technology & futuristic concept.

Mr. Sugato Sen, Deputy Director General, SIAM said, “The successful completion of the Auto Expo – The Motor Show 2018 is a great achievement for the industry. We had 6,05,175 footfalls during this edition of the Auto Expo, as was expected. The extension of the Auto Expo by one day has been welcomed by visitors and manufacturers alike. It helped us manage the crowd efficiently, use the infrastructure optimally with no bottlenecks on roads and parking. The feedback received from all quarters has been positive and has been a wonderful experience for all which was one of the key objectives of the Motor Show.”

Auto Expo – The Motor Show was inaugurated by Shri Anant G. Geete, Hon’ble Minister, Ministry of Heavy Industries & Public Enterprises, Government of India, who felicitated the auto industry for supporting the government in its endeavor and applauded the Auto Expo for being a platform that brings together the entire automotive fraternity on a level plinth.

Much like the previous editions, this year saw participation of glitterati including legendary sports personalities. Shah Rukh Khan, John Abraham, Akshay Kumar, Sonakshi Sinha, Taapsee Pannu, Gul Panag, Rahul Khanna, stand-up comedian Kanan Gill were seen at various launches. Cricketer Sachin Tendulkar, Former Indian Captain Mohammad Azharuddin, Gautam Gambhir and Indian Seamer R P Singh also launched vehicles at the Auto Expo.

The special zones were the real attraction this year that generated a lot of buzz around and also had massive crowds congregating in the special zones. These zones not only gave a fresher unconventional perspective to the Auto show but were also instrumental in drawing a younger audience. More than 750 government school children were given a unique opportunity to visit the

Auto show. A session on the future of mobility expounded the essence of ’70 years of Indian Automobility’. An Indo-German joint working group meeting was also organized to develop industrial synergies between auto industry in both the countries and an “Auto Trade Dialogue” was organized, where global industry experts from China, Japan, Germany, Italy, The UK and Canada deliberated upon the need for greater levels of collaboration for the development of driverless, connected and autonomous zero emission vehicles for future mobility.

During the Auto Expo, a Job Fair was also organized by the Automotive Skills Development Council, in association with SIAM. The Job Fair offered 136 jobs to youngsters in the field of automation and

Auto-ancillary segment. A delegation of State Road Transport Undertakings from across the country also visited the Auto Expo – The Motor Show 2018. There were various interesting and engaging activities like dance drama at the anti-counterfeiting zone and quiz at “70 Years of Indian Automobility”. The 12th SIAM Styling & Design Conclave 2018 was also held at the Auto Expo where experts spoke on the emerging facets of styling and design of automobiles to enhance design for sustainability. The vintage car pavilion also witnessed massive footfall.

This edition had other aspects that made it stand out amongst the long list of auto shows around the world. Auto Expo – The Motor Show 2018 witnessed a tremendous response on social media as there were more than 1.5 lakh tweets on its official hashtag which further garnered over 4.5 billion impressions on Twitter in a span of 6 days. This handle of Auto Expo 2018 was disseminating real time information on launches, unveilings, daily updates and announcing the ‘Lucky Draw’ winners on a daily basis. For the first time Auto Expo 2018 tied up with Twitter and conceptualized an exclusive Twitter Emoji linked with hashtag. The social media of Auto Expo – The Motor Show 2018 used every possible medium like Instagram, Facebook, Youtube to engage and inform the audience who could not visit the show. A mobile phone application is also available for Android and Apple users providing details about ticketing, hall layout, exhibitors, location etc.

The impressive consumer response and influx of visitors coming to the Auto Expo is a testament to the success of the Auto Expo 2018, setting the tone for the next financial year for the auto industry.
Regards

Akash

Top Bottom