Auto Companies Want “One Country One Fuel” Policy

Thread Starter #1
Major auto companies recently had a meeting with government officials to discuss “One Country One Fuel” policy.

Currently India has Bharat Stage III and IV in implementation, where BS IV norms are applicable in only 13 cities (7 more cities are still under consideration).

Officials from automobile manufacturing companies like Maruti Suzuki, Tata Motors, Toyota, Ashok Leyland and Bajaj had a meeting with Mr CP Joshi, the Road transport and highways minister, to put an early end to this dual-norm policy.

According to the petroleum ministry, introduction of BS IV fuel across the country requires an investment of at least Rs.50,000 crores and hence not feasible at this point of time.

This forces manufacturers to run two separate assembly lines and hence there is an increase in the cost of production and delivery time. Auto manufacturers also mentioned that they are fully capable of introducing variants which are even Euro V and Euro VI compatible.

Currently the most affected is the commercial vehicle segment, which does not produce many BS IV variants, as they do not find many buyers for them. This move also forces customer to get their vehicles registered outside metro cities.

Once the rule is put into practice and high quality fuel is made available, companies would be able to produce similar set of vehicles for India as well as international markets.

Read more: Auto companies want "One Country One Fuel" policy

Re: Auto companies want “One Country One Fuel” policy

This is really an interesting topic, true that auto manufacturer's cost increases and they end up in elevating the prices. In the interest to save our environment it is necessary to bring out the fuel norms except for commercial vehicles, yes they pollute, but you have no other option for our govt. is busy making money and not to hear about the people and environment.

Thread Starter #3
Re: Auto companies want “One Country One Fuel” policy

This is really an interesting topic, true that auto manufacturer's cost increases and they end up in elevating the prices. In the interest to save our environment it is necessary to bring out the fuel norms except for commercial vehicles, yes they pollute, but you have no other option for our govt. is busy making money and not to hear about the people and environment.
That's right if made mandatory then transporter's will have no other option but to switch to BS4 vehicles which on the lifecycle of that vehicle will reduce it's carbon footprint.

i still don't understand between all this why is govt increasing green fuel prices every fortnight, i mean since that time I have installed CNG prices have doubled I started an around 21rs kg back in sept 2010 and now its clocking 39 rs kg so if govt really doesn;t care how it can eat from people;s pocket then polluting or pollution should really not be a problem

Top Bottom