Nissan August 2018 Indian Car Sales

Renault August 2018 Indian Car Sales

Skoda August 2018 Indian Car Sales

Tata Motors August 2018 Indian Car Sales

Toyota August 2018 Indian Car Sales

Volkswagen August 2018 Indian Car Sales

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Honda seems to have hibernated in deep sleep. Absolutely no idea how their sales are happening. Once a hot selling sedan, the CITY, has dropped by a 1000 units almost in MoM and by approx 50% on YoY basis. Of the entire month's sales i.e August 2018, Amaze has contributed almost 50% of it. Had it not been for the Amaze, Honda would have had a very tough time. The facelift of Jazz couldn't help either to make it sell. Seems HCIL need to revisit their sales strategies.

Seeing Ford I wish, the upcoming Aspire shall improve the sales numbers further for Ford and good to see Freestyle doing a decent job.

Nexon close to 4500 mark is good feat[:)] but Tigor selling under 2K mark is concerning. Tiago again does a wonderful job in sales and Hexa, the usual steady member of the TML sales chart.

Regards

Akash

Nairrk

Honoured Member
For Maruti, Celerio is the only model (other than the new Ciaz) managed to sell more cars in August 2018 i.e. 9053 cars - 28.84% increase. All other models failed to give a boost. Kerala floods that too came just before the festival (Onam) was the reason given by many Car companies. How correct it could be?

Amaze is lone survivor for honda, their bread and butter City is being crushed by Ciaz and Verna And Ciaz sales = City +Verna +Yaris. Tiago and Nexon are consistent performers but tata should be worried of New Santro.

Interesting figures for xcent, posting 20 and 40% growth MoM and YoY. More to do with the cab business or recent safety feature updates?

For Maruti, Celerio is the only model (other than the new Ciaz) managed to sell more cars in August 2018 i.e. 9053 cars - 28.84% increase. All other models failed to give a boost. Kerala floods that too came just before the festival (Onam) was the reason given by many Car companies. How correct it could be?
Not sure about that. There are many other mfg models which have reported growth in MoM figures.

Honda MoM & YoY figures of all the models should be a concern for the company.
No aggressive offers or price discount even after the negative sales figures.The models by Honda are expensive than their competition in all the segments.

The sales figures of around 2400 units per month for Mahindra Thar seem to be wrong, doubt the figure is above 500 units. Also can someone post the sales figures of Isuzu Vcross here

Nice to see Kuv 100 NXT selling 4 figure mark. Not exactly a failure model, which I was concerned about earlier.
KUV100 is quite in demand by self drive/ car rental companies. I think that may be the reason for the decent sales. In Bangalore I see more KUV 100s with commercial number plates than individual owners.
But that said, I am happy that its available for rentals and self drive as I find it quite a capable car, and the rentals are also relatively low.

Thread Starter #11

350Z

Core Team
SIAM Sales Summary Report: August 2018

SIAM-1.png

SIAM-2.png

Production

The industry produced a total 13,701,825 vehicles including passenger vehicles, commercial vehicles, three wheelers, two wheelers and quadricycle in April-August 2018 as against 11,962,983 in April-August 2017, registering a growth of 14.54 percent over the same period last year.

Domestic Sales

The sale of Passenger Vehicles grew by 9.81 percent in April-August 2018 over the same period last year. Within the Passenger Vehicles, the sales for Passenger Cars, Utility Vehicle & Vans grew by 9.71 percent, 8.67 percent and 16.05 percent respectively in April-August 2018 over the same period last year.

The overall Commercial Vehicles segment registered a growth of 41.67 percent in April-August 2018 as compared to the same period last year. Medium & Heavy Commercial Vehicles (M&HCVs) increased by 54.92 percent and Light Commercial Vehicles grew by 34.41 percent in April-August 2018 over the same period last year.

Three Wheelers sales increased by 44.27 percent in April-August 2018 over the same period last year. Within the Three Wheelers, Passenger Carrier sales registered a growth of 51.74 percent and Goods Carrier grew by 17.85 percent in April-August 2018 over April-August 2017.

Two Wheelers sales registered a growth at 11.50 percent in April-August 2018 over April-August 2017. Within the Two Wheelers segment, Scooters, Motorcycles and Mopeds grew by 6.77 percent, 14.67 percent and 2.84 percent respectively in April-August 2018 over April-August 2017.

Exports

In April-August 2018, overall automobile exports grew by 26.96 percent. While Passenger Vehicles exports declined by (-) 3.45 percent, Commercial Vehicles, Three Wheelers and Two Wheelers registered a growth of 35.64 percent, 67.57 percent and 28.18 percent respectively in April-August 2018 over the same period last year.
Drive Safe,
350Z

Can we have the AMT/auto vs manual data?Is this data available? That would help us analyse the penetration of AMTs in the Indian market. Get to see a lot of Amt/auto cars on road nowadays.

Thanks Mods for the infographics. My 2 cents.

Maruti is the winner hands down. What other OEMs can learn from Maruti is how to craft a product and sales strategy. From 2.4 lakh to all the way till 14 lakhs, Maruti is present in almost all the segments. Moreover, the offerings which they provide in the market creates demand. Have read somewhere that they are selling 40% AMT cars. Does any other manufacture even bother to look at AMT yet? Ford Freestyle is doing decent, but by not providing Automatic transmission they have send the prospective customers to the Maruti stable.

Things are getting tough for FCA as I'm tracking them since last 10 years. They have no idea about what to do with the Fiat brand and with very slow updates on Jeep Compass, sales are on a decline MoM basis. FCA board room should be very concerned. Hope they wake up now before its too late.

I'm really happy to see that things are working with Tata especially the Tiago. It proves that Indians do give second chance to the companies who shows seriousness.

Thanks to Amaze who saved the day for Honda. Honda needs to bring in the HR-V and updated brio to get things going. Civic and CRV won't bring in the desired numbers though.

Renault-Nissan-Mitsubishi needs all new management and product strategy. With upcoming Kicks, hope Nissan can able to get decent numbers. But before launch they need to re-work a lot on there sales and service network, which is shrinking day by day.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom