August 2014 Sales Figures of Cars in India

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was expecting Chevy to come up with good numbers looking at various discounts they are offering. But at the same time except for Beat & Spark the forums are flooded with there negative review. Not sure if they would have any future in India comapred to what they have gained in US

I was expecting Chevy to come up with good numbers looking at various discounts they are offering. But at the same time except for Beat & Spark the forums are flooded with there negative review. Not sure if they would have any future in India comapred to what they have gained in US
Chevrolet has been offering discounts from long time IIRC. The main problem for low sales is the lack of Products.

The Spark came in 2007 and since then it has received just a mere facelift and the price is higher compared to Alto.

Then came Cruze in late 2008, it stormed into the market with looks and powerful engine, but since then apart from refreshments it has not received any major changes yet and since it is from Premium segment volumes are low.

Captiva was launched in 2008 and it became an instant hit as it was the only diesel premium SUV at that time and had 3 rows of Seats along with low price tag while its rival CRV was Petrol & 5 seater with higher price tag. Until Fortuner came Captiva was highest selling car, once Fortuner arrived, Captiva became history.

In 2010 Beat came and the car was funky and compact and was priced well and managed to sell in good numbers, Then Disesl Beat was launched which made sales go up. Since 2013 Beat sales has gone down and i don't why that has happened.

In 2012, Sail UVA was launched when its rivals were established and despite scoring high in terms of Space & Ride Quality it didn't sell and Recall made it worse for it

Same story repeated when Sail Sedan was launches in 2013.

Enjoy took of very well initially and since then it has declined drastically despite being attractively priced.

Now Chevrolet needs to bring in new products like New Cruze, Sonic, Compact SUVs. They need to launch cars in Compact (Sedan, SUV) and Premium Hatchback segment to increase sales and market share. If they keep on doing what they are doing right now i don't see any future for Chevrolet in India.

:agree:

The main problem with manufacturers are low range. The only five cars Ford offers are Classic, Fiesta, Ecosport, Endeavor and Figo. Others have fair range, while Maruti Suzuki have too much in one single segment. One does not have an option for the same brand once he's rejected one car. So they better bring in the products of US. For VW, the whole German pack, and so on. Who am I to teach these guys marketing, anyway [frustration].

Thanks.

Sorry for the off topic post but Shiv, remove the contact info before the mods do. I cannot send you a PM, so this was the only way.

EDIT: Okay, you cannot do that now, can you?
Sorry. I m new here n dint know I cannot post my mail id.

However I am unable to edit mt post [confused]

September 2014 Sales - Maruti Suzuki - Up 9.8 % YOY in domestic market
Market leader Maruti Suzuki India (MSIL) sold a total of 109,742 units in September.
This includes 99,290 units in domestic market and 10,452 units in exports.

Segment wise, the company sold 35,547 units of the Mini cars (including Alto, Wagon R)
Compact segment (including Swift , DZire, Celerio, Ritz) grew by 18 per cent YoY to 43,304 units
Dzire Tour sales were at 1,221 units
Utility vehicles, including Ertiga and Gypsy were at 5,980 units
Van sales, consisting of Omni and Eeco, were at 11,863 units

Yet to be launched Ciaz dipatches stands at 1,375 units during last month.

Maruti Suzuki domestic sales up 10% in September | Business Line

Last edited:
Honda Cars India today reported 45% increase in domestic sales in September 2014 at 15,015 units as against 10,354 units in the same month last year.

Last month, the company sold 1,152 units of small car Brio, 3,848 units of compact sedan Amaze, 5,329 units of Mobilio and 4,600 units of the mid-sized sedan City, Honda Cars India Ltd (HCIL) said in a statement.

Besides, the company sold 86 units of sports utility vehicle CRV.

Only 3848 Amaze (against 9198 in August) have been sold last month. It seems the Zest effect?

Last edited:
@mail2gsyadav,
Low numbers isn't because of Zest effect, its because Honda have given higher priority to City & Mobilio production.
Remember that City production was shifted from Greater Noida, UP to Tapukara, Rajasthan where only Amaze was manufactured and it had a capacity to produce 5000 cars / month on single shift. Now after City production started there, 4600 City's were produced and remaining were Amaze. In older plant, other cars (CRV, Amaze, Mobilio, Brio) were manufactured and hence you see Brio also having low numbers because of prioritizing Mobilio, Amaze & City.

Just to confirm you the comparison in sales, the local Tata dealer has sold 18 Zest's last month while Honda dealer has sold 38 Amaze. Xcent found 13 buyers from Dealer 1 while Dealer 2 sold 10 Xcent. Yes, the Zest has waiting period I'll keep on monitoring the sales numbers in this segment till I come to a conclusion. This is all of a Tier 2 city, Metro's & other bigger cities will have a different picture.

@mail2gsyadav,
Low numbers isn't because of Zest effect, its because Honda have given higher priority to City & Mobilio production.
Remember that City production was shifted from Greater Noida, UP to Tapukara, Rajasthan where only Amaze was manufactured and it had a capacity to produce 5000 cars / month on single shift. Now after City production started there, 4600 City's were produced and remaining were Amaze. In older plant, other cars (CRV, Amaze, Mobilio, Brio) were manufactured and hence you see Brio also having low numbers because of prioritizing Mobilio, Amaze & City.

Just to confirm you the comparison in sales, the local Tata dealer has sold 18 Zest's last month while Honda dealer has sold 38 Amaze. Xcent found 13 buyers from Dealer 1 while Dealer 2 sold 10 Xcent. Yes, the Zest has waiting period I'll keep on monitoring the sales numbers in this segment till I come to a conclusion. This is all of a Tier 2 city, Metro's & other bigger cities will have a different picture.
Sep sales are down by 1743 from Aug. If it is just about prioritizing other model, they should have sold at least same numbers as Aug, combinedly.

I know it's little early. But, it seems an indication to me. Picture will be more clear once Zest numbers are also out.

The TML website on Sept sales is not that encouraging "Sales of the passenger cars in September 2014 were 9,766 nos., remained flat, compared to cars sold in September last year"-http://mediacentre.tatamotors.com/PressReleaseDetails.aspx?pid=889&val=2014#.VC2vlFeeUQJ

Last edited:
Attached are the Tata motors sales figures for the passenger cars. Also is the M-on-M comparision between Sept and Aug.

TamoSaels.png

tamosales2.png

this will give you a fair idea of the Zest sales. I feel that around 3000 Zests have been delivered this month.

Last edited:
[confused]
Whats happening to TML-all cars and even commercial car like vehicles that are listed in the above post seem to be hitting low-or- below hundred a months sales! Feel awful. I wonder if the hype around the Zest is really going to change things.
Perhaps some price correction is needed? Some may disagree but clearly the products are Not being seen as Value for Money any more!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom