Audio Upgrading Suggestions For Baleno

Thread Starter #1
Hello, I have a Maruti Suzuki Baleno 2016 model. I wanted to upgrade my ICE to some decent setup. My budget was 30k which I think is not sufficient for the kind of setup I need. So, decided to stretch budget upto 40K (not a single penny above that). As about 90% of the driving time I drive alone, so decided to skip the rear speakers and manage with the stock speakers. The brands that I have shortlisted are DD, Flux and DLS. So, asked a couple of renowned dealers in Delhi and shortlisted 3 setups as of now which are as follows:

A. Budget: 30-32K
1. DD Redline series Compos.: Rs 6.5K
2. MTX/Cerwin Vega 4-Channel Amp: Rs. 8K
3. Rockford Sub 12": Rs. 6K
4. Front Door Damping (CTK/STP or similar): Rs. 3K
5. Hi-Lo Converter: Rs. 3K
6. Wiring (Scoche or similar): 4K
7. Misc.: 2K
Total: 32.5K

B. Budget: 40K
1. Flux Neo 260/DLS MA 6.2: Rs. 14K/ Don't remember DLS price
Rest of the setup similar
Total: 40K

C. Budget: 40K
Same as Setup A with a Pioneer Touchscreen Stereo: Rs. 8K (11K-3K for converter).

Now, the confusion is should I go for DD or Flux/DLS. I found the SQ of Flux/DLS almost similar and DD on a little brittle side. I personally have listened all these speakers and found the SQ of Flux nearest to my taste. The point is I usually listen to the songs at max Vol. 15 (Baleno Volume level goes to 40). So, whether should I go for Flux or stick with DD and save almost 8K.

I will install the rear speakers and a Mono Amp at later stage.

Thread Starter #2
So, today I finally got my Baleno ICE'd. The final setup that I choose is as below:
1. Front Compos: Flux Neo 260.
2. Amplifier: 4 Channel MTX T450.
3. Sub: Rockford fosgate r1.
4. Wiring: Cerwin Vega 8 Gauge.
5. Front doors and boot damping: CTK
I have not installed the rear speakers as I don't feel the need of the same and also I may had to stretch my budget to 60K because then I had to install a mono amp for the sub. (may be in future)
The total setup costed me 39K.
After listening to the setup for around 2-3 hrs, I felt the following changes.
1. The sound quality of Flux speakers is so decent that you can listen to it for hours. I literally mean for 4-5 hours continuously and you will enjoy it. I tried to change the fader from front speakers to rear speakers only and I was like What the hell I was listening till today. When I changed the fader from 0 to F9, I didn't notice any change in the Sound level.
2. MTX T450 just does it job. It got heated to next level when I touched it after 3 hours of continuous listening (a 20-30 min. gap in between).
3. I tried 2 sub. One is this one Rockford Fosgate R1 and another one was Mtx (don't remember the model no.), the latter one was 1K expensive.

Overall, i like the new setup and quite happy with that. One thing I noticed is that on phone call the sound quality with OEM speakers were better than these.

Top Bottom