Audio Entertainment for Honda City within 18 to 20 K Budget without Head Unit

Thread Starter #1
Hi,

Thanks for making me be a part of this community.

I am eagerly trying to figure ou which would be the best fit for Component speakers and Coxial speakers for my Alpine-Double-Din system.

At present have the factory fitted cone speakers.

I inquired most of them say JBL speakers are the best, but in the contrary few say alpine is best.

In amplifier I have a mixed bad of suggestion from JBL, Rockfort, Pioneer.

So I am currently in a state of confusion what to buy, as buyer you dont know which seller is actually trying to suggest the right thing.

Budget
Speakers: 6 to 8k
Amplifier (4 Channel) and SUB's: another 8 to 10 K.

Hope this budget suffices my requirements (+ - is always leveraged, but should be VALUE FOR MONEY)

Gene's of music I listen to would be varied and a mix (Hip-Pop, Alternative, Metal, Rock, some old Pop and R&B too). I don't know listen to music which pumps up BASS all the time, but would also prefer Bass as a right quotient.

Would be great if someone could help me out with the same.

Thanks
Sudhan

350Z

Core Team
Hi Honda_Machine! Welcome aboard to The Automotive India. Maybe the ICE guys here have missed this thread. Anyways, I'm not a specialized expert in Audio but all the three brand which you have considered are good enough but my preferable pick would be Rockford or JBL. Do search around and you’ll find more information on same.

Drive Safe,
350Z

since you are from bangy, I would say, opt for the better ones since they are easily available in bangy. JBL is good but for the same price, better speakers are available.

i would suggest these-
install front comps- Illusion EL 6.1 - Rs. 6500/-
rear co-axials- JBL or Ground Zero - Rs. 4000/-
Subwoofer- GZ 30T - Rs. 6000/-
Amp- JBL GT5-S644 (alpine is also good) - Rs. 5500/-
Subwoofer box- 0.9 cu. ft. custom made sealed box - Rs. 1000/-
Wiring kit- Rs. 2000/-

this setup would go slightly above your budget but would sound amazing. especially the illusion comps & the 30T sub is the best you can get in this price. please DO NOT compromise on the wiring, get a branded wiring kit from monster or JBL or scosche.

EVO (Satya) is one installer in bangy about whom i have read very good reviews.

Thread Starter #4
Thanks 350Z and Raj for your postings...

Now have few in my list which fells like a knowledge enlightenment about the components since my last post thanks to all the threads and post which gave me a broader perspective into the ICE search.

In the research done, wanted to know which of the choice would be better in terms of Value for money.

In Amplifier people unanimously quote JBL GT5 S644 accept a few who said GTO 75.4 II and Infinity 475a is a good bet.

Subs: GT5 S12

In Rear Speakers/ Coxial:
GTO 948 or GT0 938

In Front Door/ Component Speakers it was mix and a variety was there, making me think and types this whole stuff again :)

JBL: GTO 608C, GT5 S265C
Hertz Dieci: DSK165

Please do let me know if the above seems good, or something better is available for me to change it.

I got a chance to meet this guy Sathya, EVO today though he was busy dealing it out for cheapy police guy who was bargaining for fully loaded set for this brother's friend car, heights was the police guy was in uniform and police jeep on top, he manged to tell me that all of my requirement might fall well within 20-22K.

Forumers said Sathya at Evo is good in the subject matter and gives good deals, still haven't interacted so did not get to know much.

Thanks for all your support. Do let me know if you have alternative views to the same.

Thanks
Sudhan

Even i would recommend what Raj has suggested but if you want to reduce price slightly then you can go for JBL components as they are cheaper and more of a VFM.

Jbl are good vfm but gives very much boomy effect.

Hertz will be good at front , lower the jbl co ax level at rear.

and do not get 4 channel amp to power the sub.

for this budget , only jbl subs fix.

Search in online for 2nd hand sale of alpine amps

Top Bottom