Audi Vs BMW Vs Jaguar Vs Mercedes Benz Vs Volvo: Who's Economical?

The most Value for money and reliable brand!

• Audi

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • BMW

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Jaguar

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Mercedes Benz

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Volvo

Votes: 3 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thread Starter #1

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Team,

With the influx of foreign automotive brands in India, our auto market has created a vast segment consisting of imported yet competitively priced cars like Audi, BMW, Jaguar, Mercedes Benz and Volvo et al.

Due to their competitive pricing and exclusivity in brand name, the buyers have started to own these cars in India and now these cars have made a respectable presence and place for themselves on the Indian roads.

Now that there is so much of choice and definitely the increase in resources to acquire them, which of the above mentioned brands is the most economical and reliable in the long run with regards to maintenance and the ease of driving?

With a nation obsessed with the "Kitna Deti Hai" syndrome, How many of you agree that the above brands provide VFM products?

Please share your insightful unbiased views on the same.

Regards

Akash

Last edited:

AMG

Suspended
Team,

With the influx of foreign automotive brands in India, our auto market has created a vast segment consisting of imported yet competitively priced cars like Audi, BMW, Jaguar, Mercedes Benz and Volvo et al.

Due to their competitive pricing and exclusivity in brand name, the buyers have started to own these cars in India and now these cars have made a respectable presence and place for themselves on the Indian roads.

Now that there is so much of choice and definitely the increase in resources to acquire them, which of the above mentioned brands is the most economical and reliable in the long run with regards to maintenance and the ease of driving?

With a nation obsessed with the "Kitna Deti Hai" syndrome, How many of you agree that the above brands provide VFM products?

Please share your insightful unbiased views on the same.

Regards

Akash

They dont, because they are not supposed to.
They are supposed to be aspirational brands.

And if you want VFM, go buy a Skoda superb. The most luxurious car on the this side of the S-Class.

PS: If you remove the import duty that these germans and the swedish and the indian are now imposed with, and you have the base C-class/BMW 3 series at Skoda octavia/Cruze pricing.

And then you're talking.

Thread Starter #3

Akash1886

Honoured Member
They dont, because they are not supposed to.
They are supposed to be aspirational brands.

And if you want VFM, go buy a Skoda superb.
I differ on this, mainly because if they are not supposed to be making value for money products then how come are they registering decent sales volumes (not comparing to Honda, VW, Skoda et al) and why are people still buying them?

My point is, of the mentioned brands, which according to you all is value for money in terms of maintenance and also reliability? I am sure there are people here who would have dealt with the mentioned brands or do own any of these brands.

I know Skoda in and out, it is really really hard on maintenance.

PS: Value for money tag is not just confined to "on-road" price. There are more criteria(s) associated to it.

Regards

Akash

AMG

Suspended
I differ on this, mainly because if they are not supposed to be making value for money products then how come are they registering decent sales volumes (not comparing to Honda, VW, Skoda et al) and why are people still buying them?

My point is, of the mentioned brands, which according to you all is value for money in terms of maintenance and also reliability? I am sure there are people here who would have dealt with the mentioned brands or do own any of these brands.

I know Skoda in and out, it is really really hard on maintenance.

PS: Value for money tag is not just confined to "on-road" price. There are more criteria(s) associated to it.

Regards

Akash

Because they are aspirational. A Rolex also gives the time, and so does sonata super fibre.

And skoda is not hard on maintenance. Unless you own the automatic.

VFM is confine to buying cost only.
Else the thread title should have been "who's economical to maintain"

Thread Starter #5

Akash1886

Honoured Member
The customers are not so ill-informed that just for aspiration they go in for the above brands. The highly competitive positioning and product features also play a major role.

As for Skoda, I have been linked to them for almost 15 years, I know the roots of this brands. Moving on, Skoda, be it a Automatic or Manual, the after sales and high spare cost has made it impossible to maintain. I would rather end it here for Skoda since I am not discussing it here.

For the thread title, Please refer my opening post.

Regards

Akash

PS: Cars and Watches have no comparison what so ever. Please give relevant comparisons.

AMG

Suspended
The customers are not so ill-informed that just for aspiration they go in for the above brands. The highly competitive positioning and product features also play a major role.

As for Skoda, I have been linked to them for almost 15 years, I know the roots of this brands. Moving on, Skoda, be it a Automatic or Manual, the after sales and high spare cost has made it impossible to maintain. I would rather end it here for Skoda since I am not discussing it here.

For the thread title, Please refer my opening post.

Regards

Akash

PS: Cars and Watches have no comparison what so ever. Please give relevant comparisons.

name one feature that bmw/merc/v40 has that superb/accord doesnt.

and define relevant.

PS: your thread title is wrong and you better accept it.

I voted for Mercedes. There is no question of economy here. It no longer looks as great as the Jaguars do, nor does it have that sporty appeal of a BMW or a perception of safety of Volvo, or a flair of an Audi , but it has that regal understated elegance that cannot be matched.

name one feature that bmw/merc/v40 has that superb/accord doesnt.

and define relevant.

PS: your thread title is wrong and you better accept it.

Don't know about other brands, but I do think that there are a lot of safety features that Volvos' offer and which are not available in the Superb and Accord. It maybe that so many features are not that relevant upto a limit! But if one has that kind of money, he will definitely buy a Merc, BMW or an Audi just for the brand and the status.

Don't know about other brands, but I do think that there are a lot of safety features that Volvos' offer and which are not available in the Superb and Accord. It maybe that so many features are not that relevant upto a limit! But if one has that kind of money, he will definitely buy a Merc, BMW or an Audi just for the brand and the status.
Sir,I completely agree with you.I've seen many people owning Audis,BMWs,Mercs just for his standard and status.Volvo has the safest car in the world,XC90 SUV.That thing is far more beautiful now.I love BMWs for their Design language and their Headturning ability.Neither I have been in their cars.Actually I've never been in any cars from these brands.I may have all those feautures in a Skoda Superb but these guys are totally different.They just turn heads like nobody's business.Thank you

Yes, I too love the Beemer's for their headturning looks. A black 320d or a 520d in daylight is a sight to behold (just my opinion). Then, these cars come under a segment all together and people with that kind of money do not buy these cars just for being VFM (or else they would be buying a superb). There is some added invisible thing,IMO, that comes with higher end products which can only be felt but cannto be seen. I don't know if you all will be able to relate but thats what I feel.

Thread Starter #11

Akash1886

Honoured Member
I feel in terms of reliability, BMW is good and moreover, the designs that have recently emerged have all the more enhanced the appeal of the car.

In case of style statement, Audi is the ruler due to competitive pricing and those 4 ring emblems. However being a VAG vehicle its maintenance is a gamble in the long run.

In terms of pure elegance and feeling of being in lap of luxury, Benz is the best. Since decades when Jaguar, BMW et al were not here in India, Benz became the epitome of luxury. But now as its too easy to own one hence, the exclusivity is diminishing. However, it has a good after sales network in India so maintaining it is not a issue either.

Volvo is yet to make a mark here. They do have good cars but their volumes in comparison is less due to lack of after sales network in comparison to other mentioned brands. Also, their designs need a slight re-work if we compare it with other luxury and high-end brands.

Regards

Akash

I've not read all the posts, as I'm using the phone browser. Do forgive me if I'm repeating/missed smtg. Whenever anyone asks me about mileage of my Verna, I first ask them in what way it is going to matter in a 10L+ car. "Kitna dethi hai" mattered a lot when my income was less; for my first bike/car. Once I was prepared to shell out money for a bigger & powerful car, i was also aware of the increased maintenance costs. These cars are like high maintenance GFs [;)]

Economical and reliable? If you are going to include these parameters then you are better off with the Superb/Passat/Octavia/Accord. Since these cars offers almost the same as that of the German counterparts but the only difference lies in the brand Image & fit and finish quality which favors the latter.

Anyway, among the above ones, at-least Volvo feels more reliable than the rest and as well as the insurance premium is almost half of the other rivals which makes them slightly more economical than others.

Top Bottom