Audi To Assemble Cars Locally. Result? Cheaper Cars.

Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
The world fame luxury car maker Audi is in its bid to assemble its cars in India to reduce the cost by means of less taxes. Currently the cars are being levied heavy taxes for the import. further the company is in the process of appointing more dealers – from 12 to 18 within 2011. This scheme becomes effective with the present models like A4 and A6 sedans at the Aurangabad plant while Q5 follow the suit in 2011. Depending on the demand for its models, Audi would assemble the units. The present practice is completely built unit being imported at the taxes up to 110%. Another need is to increase its target by 50% so that it could make 1600 units from 1500 units. In the last year the sale was 1050 units.

During January – September 2009, Audi mustered a sale of 1333 units of which 205(including 100 units of Q7) were in September alone. Audi hopes to boost its sale by launching more models soon. Audi has already invested Rs210 crore in Indian business and has allotted three more dealers in Coimbatore , Nagpur and Jaipur for next year. With these there would be 18 dealers by 2011. A salient feature of

Audi’s business is its entry into the centenary year- 2009, to celebrate with an Auto Show in January. Hereinafter, there will be one new model every year from Audi. (Source: Vicky.in)

Drive Safe!
350Z

How much drop in the prices can be expected when Audi will produce the cars here? How much will the "Cheapest" Audi - A4 in India will cost??

How much drop in the prices can be expected when Audi will produce the cars here? How much will the "Cheapest" Audi - A4 in India will cost??
i also want to the answer for this!!! by the way how much is the cheapest BMW?? if my guess is right , then it should be within 23-25 lakhs.

Thread Starter #8

350Z

Core Team
i also want to the answer for this!!! by the way how much is the cheapest BMW?? if my guess is right , then it should be within 23-25 lakhs.
Currently, The cheapest brand new BMW available in India is 320i at Rs.29 Lakhs, On Road Delhi.

Drive Safe!
350Z

It will be CKD, most probably. The chance of finding a local vendor base with international standards is quite difficult. When Honda is hesitating, i don't expect Audi to do so.
Yes agree with you that the chances of finding a local vendor of repute will be difficult.

It will be CKD, most probably. The chance of finding a local vendor base with international standards is quite difficult. When Honda is hesitating, i don't expect Audi to do so.
i agree, ckd would be more chances to get things working in reducing prices for Audi.Localise of parts is still not possible as vendors to deliver that standard would take time and nothing possible as of now.

Top Bottom