Audi R8 spyder launching on March 25

Thread Starter #1

AMG

Suspended
25th March 2011 is going to witness a lot of action in the sports convertible market. BMW India has already announced that it is launching the 6-series convertible in India on the aforementioned date. Now Audi India has also announced the launch of its R8 Spyder convertible. The sports car will be available only with the high-end V10 engine. R8 is already available in the hard-top version with both V8 and V10 engines.

The R8 V10 Spyder is powered by the same 5.2-litre 518bhp engine that powers the hard top V10 coupe. The engine is sourced from Lamborghini, which, like Audi is again a VW Group company.

The topless version has strengthened pillars and chassis to make up for stiffness lost due to the lack of a roof. The soft fabric roof of the car weighs a light 30 kg and takes 19 seconds to be put up and taken off. The roof can be put up at speeds up to 50km/h.

The new car will be imported as a CBU and will command a premium over the hard top R8 V10.

Source: Motoroids

Thread Starter #2

AMG

Suspended
On one hand, Audi is saying they are planning to pull out.

On the other hand, they are launching new models.

AUDI, make up your mind.
[angry]

When I spoke to one of the Audi dealers the salesman told that they won't be launching the Spyder version of the Audi R8, and now they are launching it seems very strange. Has Audi India decided to pull out of the Indian market or not? , only time will tell. I have kept my fingers crossed lets see whether the audience accepts the Audi R8 Spyder or not.

Audi R8 V10 Spyder launch on 25th March

Audi India, after the launch of the much acclaimed in India are now launching another quick fire niche product, the Audi R8 V10 Spyder, which is a convertible model of the R8. Numbers put the Spyder variant at 4.1 seconds for the 0-100 kmph run whereas the top speed is pegged at 311 kmph.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom