Atmosphere Lights

Thread Starter #1
Hello all, i ordered atmosphere lights. But as we know it comes with 12v cigarette lighter port. But i need that port for charging my phone. So can we cut the cigarette light port, and can we join the wire with the help of fuse tap switch ?? Directly or we need any power converter? With the fog lamp fuse so that as soon as we turn on the fog lamps the atmosphere lights will turn on and off according.

Attached the fuse tap switch photo for reference below as well as the lights which i have ordered.

Attachments

Hello all, i ordered atmosphere lights. But as we know it comes with 12v cigarette lighter port. But i need that port for charging my phone. So can we cut the cigarette light port, and can we join the wire with the help of fuse tap switch ?? Directly or we need any power converter? With the fog lamp fuse so that as soon as we turn on the fog lamps the atmosphere lights will turn on and off according.

Attached the fuse tap switch photo for reference below as well as the lights which i have ordered.
I have installed these type of RGB atmospheric lights. I have connected these to the 12V socket connector, not the actual socket but its power wires. The 12V socket in my car (Maruti Suzuki Celerio) has power in Accessories mode or when in ignition

You can use a fuse tap to power the led strips but remember to use a fuse which gets power in accessories or ignition mode and also use a On/Off switch to switch the LEDs off when not needed.
Things you will need for these DIY :
- A multimeter
- Fuse Tap
- Terminal ring connector for Grounding
- On/Off Switch
- Zip ties, Double sided tape are always of good help in case of DIY

OR

If you don't want such extensive DIY, just get a 12V socket multiplier to 2 sockets and you are good to go

Last edited:
Thread Starter #3
I have installed these type of RGB atmospheric lights. I have connected these to the 12V socket connector, not the actual socket. The 12V socket in my car (Maruti Suzuki Celerio) has power in Accessories mode or when the ignition is on.

You can use a fuse tap to power the led strips but remember 5o use a fuse which gets power in accessories or ignition mode and also use a switch to switch the LEDs off when not needed.
I was thinking to install fuse tap in fog lamps fuse, as i need this in night only, so when i turn on the fog lamps, the atmosphere lights will turn on. But the fog lamp gets power supply without turning on the car, so is it okh to install in that? Will it work only when i turn on fog lamps?

My Main Question is can we directly connect it to fuse tap? No power converter needed na?

I was thinking to install fuse tap in fog lamps fuse, as i need this in night only, so when i turn on the fog lamps, the atmosphere lights will turn on. But the fog lamp gets power supply without turning on the car, so is it okh to install in that? Will it work only when i turn on fog lamps?

My Main Question is can we directly connect it to fuse tap? No power converter needed na?
It doesn't work that way. The fog lamp fuse is before the fog lamp switch in the circuit, so tapping the fog lamp fuse will keep the RGB LEDs always On cause the Fog lamp switch won't come into effect
You will need a On/Off switch separate for the RGB Atmospheric LEDs
Yes, you can directly connect the LEDs to 12V with a fuse tap but I do recommend opening up its 12V power socket connector of the Atmospheric lights to check for any extra chip present inside it.

In my case, I soldered the +ve and - ve wires to the 12V connector's of the LEDs

Last edited:

Top Bottom