Asus Vivobook S430FA (i5, 8 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD + 256GB SSD): Simple Review

Thread Starter #31

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Not the same file getting stuck every time. An image which was stuck can only be removed after 'restarting' the laptop and then same image can be edited. May be next time another file gets stuck. I did not uninstall of reinstalling the app so far.

It shows as Fastone image viewer 7.4. version?

Not the same file getting stuck every time. An image which was stuck can only be removed after 'restarting' the laptop and then same image can be edited. May be next time another file gets stuck. I did not uninstall of reinstalling the app so far.

It shows as Fastone image viewer 7.4. version?
Yeah latest version is 7.4. Please reinstall the software and see if the problem persists.

Program that is stuck can be forced closed from 'details' tab in Task Manager (Right click -> End task). If you do it in 'Processes' tab, it will not close.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #33

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Yeah latest version is 7.4. Please reinstall the software and see if the problem persists.
Ok - will try to reinstall the software and see if the problem clear out.

Program that is stuck can be forced closed from 'details' tab in Task Manager (Right click -> End task). If you do it in 'Processes' tab, it will not close
Once the image is stuck or frozen, then nothing will work (no right click) except to do 'ctrl+alt+delete' which will take to the options like Task manager, close program etc.

Once the image is stuck or frozen, then nothing will work (no right click) except to do 'ctrl+alt+delete' which will take to the options like Task manager, close program etc.
Yeah, I mean you can force close programs that are not responding in task manager but you have to do it in 'details' tab and you don't have to reboot.

Or may be it is not working like I expect it. [think]

Thread Starter #35

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Yeah, I mean you can force close programs that are not responding in task manager but you have to do it in 'details' tab and you don't have to reboot.

Or may be it is not working like I expect it.
Thanks, I will check all this when it gets stuck again next time.

Thread Starter #36

Nairrk

Honoured Member
I found one thing - When I copy/open an image using Fastone image viewer and if I get a header (one line) showing the image size/ percentage, etc. then that's fine (see the header on top which was underlined), If incase I don't get that header in any of the images opened that means the image will get stuck and I cannot do any editing or even close the programme

DSC09406.JPG

Anyway, since yesterday the problem did not occur. Will come back with more details when I get it again.

@Nairrk
It is image description and if program freezes or doesn't read the file properly then description will not be shown. However, I work with hundreds of images daily and never faced such issues. I have also researched online and couldn't find any such complaints by other users so it seems strange.

If you face problem again, hopefully software reinstallation should help. Also check if antivirus is causing the problem. If you are using Comodo then "Auto-Containment" can cause issues (i.e programs that it cannot recognize are opened in sandbox which doesn't have full access to files) so I usually disable it.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #38

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Thanks

Just now, when I was posting a reply in Mahindra TUV300 thread, I was trying to upload a couple of photos from my Picture folder (the images were already resized using Fastone image viewer). I uploaded the 1st image and again clicked 'insert image' tab on our forum header, I got the 'Drop image (or click here) window opened and stuck there (frozen) as it happened in the Fastone image viewer case.

So, is that freezing problem is with my laptop or with the Fastone software (now I have not used the Fastone app)?

Also, I was just checking the system 'storage', which shows as under :

This Pc (C) - 238GB/ 88.7 GB used - 149GB Free

Data(D) - 931GB/ 217 MB used - 931 GB Free

As you know, this laptop comes with twin storage i.e HDD- 1TB 54R + 256G SATA3 SSD. So, I think Data (D) is the 1TB HDD and other one is SSD. Is it normal that more space is used in the SSD than HDD??

Thanks

Just now, when I was posting a reply in Mahindra TUV300 thread, I was trying to upload a couple of photos from my Picture folder (the images were already resized using Fastone image viewer). I uploaded the 1st image and again clicked 'insert image' tab on our forum header, I got the 'Drop image (or click here) window opened and stuck there (frozen) as it happened in the Fastone image viewer case.

So, is that freezing problem is with my laptop or with the Fastone software (now I have not used the Fastone app)?
So you didn't use faststone and still the pc freeze? If so then I'm sure the Comodo is causing. Please check the version and let me know.

Also, I was just checking the system 'storage', which shows as under :

This Pc (C) - 238GB/ 88.7 GB used - 149GB Free

Data(D) - 931GB/ 217 MB used - 931 GB Free

As you know, this laptop comes with twin storage i.e HDD- 1TB 54R + 256G SATA3 SSD. So, I think Data (D) is the 1TB HDD and other one is SSD. Is it normal that more space is used in the SSD than HDD??
C drive (SSD) has Windows, Softwares and Documents (Folder with your name on desktop) so all these are using 88.7 GB of space.

D drive (HDD) has 217 MB of files only.

Looks normal to me.

Comdodo - Is that antivirus? If not how to trace it?

Checked and my system has McAfee Live Safe antivirus
Yes, Comodo is a antivirus with firewall. I had suggested it when you were/after buying this laptop so I thought you were using it. McAfee shouldn't cause such issue.

Anyway, something else must be causing the problem and will be difficult to diagnosis. If you remember when this problem started then check which program you have installed on that day or whether it started after windows updated.

Thread Starter #43

Nairrk

Honoured Member
If you remember when this problem started then check which program you have installed on that day or whether it started after windows updated.
I don't remember installing any programmes recently or even in the last 2 months. The problem started, maybe from last week (Frist the freezing caused when opening images on Fastone image viewer. Only today, while trying to upload an image onto this forum, again the freezing problem popped up). I too doubt the problem started after Windows update which I remember happened early last week.?

I don't remember installing any programmes recently or even in the last 2 months. The problem started, maybe from last week (Frist the freezing caused when opening images on Fastone image viewer. Only today, while trying to upload an image onto this forum, again the freezing problem popped up). I too doubt the problem started after Windows update which I remember happened early last week.?
My windows was also updated last week but no issues so far.

Check if SSD and HDD conditions are healthy using Crystaldiskinfo. Otherwise send me screenshots of C drive and D drive. Make sure you hide serial number (Function menu -> hide serial number) before taking screenshot.

Top Bottom