• Premier

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chevrolet

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Brand Doesn't Matter

Votes: 14 15.7%

• Total voters
Indian Automaker Brand War

My vote definitely goes for Honda, not just because I own one but, the amount of aspiration,desirability the brand has. We had 2 Honda's(2002 City, 2007 Civic). Now we have as many as 7 cars. All of them from different brands, segments. The costliest being VW Jetta which dad drives. Despite having Honda Brio, I am thinking of another Honda, new City/Jazz to replace my Rapid which turns 1 in January. Thats what Aspiration does.

Re: Indian Automaker Brand War

I think Nishant has used the right word 'Aspiration'. In my opinion the ideal question for this poll will be - 'If you are planning to buy your next car, which aspirational brand will you opt?

This term aspiration makes more sense because the user aspires to own brand X but due to several reason(s) he/she will abstain from this purchase and instead opts for brand Y but this shows his/her affinity towards brand X and the brand perception will stay with him/her for long. I am sure most/all of us have faced this situation at least once in their lifetime, it can be related to the purchase of a car/TV/smart phone/watch etc.

Thread Starter #33

Ah atlast the word arrives with Nishant. TRUE the word i missed to mention was ASPIRATION.

Given you wish to buy a car, not based solely on specs comparison, but based on the BRAND, which one will you?
Sounds hypothetical. Hence agree with Nishant and add the word 'aspirational'.

I want to go for 2 brands how can i do that ?
+10, multiple choice poll is quiet possible as it is going on here
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...4-sneak-peek-prototypes-new-tai-stickers.html
Also I suggest to add 'brand doesn't matter 'option in the poll just to carry on the spirit of TAI .

Oh yes!!! aspiration is the right word.
Good suggestion that to add 'brand doesn't matter 'option in the poll. Makes sense considering some discussion we have had in this thread.

Thread Starter #37
Sounds hypothetical. Hence agree with Nishant and add the word 'aspirational'.

+10, multiple choice poll is quiet possible as it is going on here
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...4-sneak-peek-prototypes-new-tai-stickers.html
Also I suggest to add 'brand doesn't matter 'option in the poll just to carry on the spirit of TAI .
Point taken, but how to do it?
Can someone guide me here on how to make it multiple selection poll as well as add another option.

Can someone guide me here on how to make it multiple selection poll as well as add another option.
Experimenting to change the discussion thread name..

Last edited by a moderator:

Send a request to moderators and they will do that[:)]

I think the following title may best suite

"Indian Automaker brand war discussion "

Last edited:
Thread Starter #40
With 4th gen Honda city launch and the hooplah around, I have another question in mind... I see many people talking about booking the car even before price is out / without even doing a Test drive... So is it just that people have lot of money to put as and when a new car is announced OR is it the confidence that HONDA will make a good car for sure and I put my money allotted on new car to it? if its the second one, isnt it BRAND preference? Or am I missing on some other emotion which people have for which they are rushing to the Showroom for booking?

With 4th gen Honda city launch and the hooplah around, I have another question in mind... I see many people talking about booking the car even before price is out / without even doing a Test drive... So is it just that people have lot of money to put as and when a new car is announced OR is it the confidence that HONDA will make a good car for sure and I put my money allotted on new car to it? if its the second one, isnt it BRAND preference? Or am I missing on some other emotion which people have for which they are rushing to the Showroom for booking?
I would rather attribute it to 'Impulse purchase' which will ultimately lead to BRAND preference. Pre launch bookings are quite a norm these days because OEMs want to capitalize on the Impulse buying behavior of consumers. For this they carry out efficient PR stunts, Marketing promos etc and they succeed to a big extent.

People tend to believe that here is a product which will meet their need and does an advance booking. This is more of an emotional approach to the buying process rather than a rational one and that's why some of the people cancel their bookings at a later stage. Why this happens? Reason is simple, once the product is out in flesh they feel that it doesn't meet their emotional needs and try looking for another product.

The challenge of Marketing/Sales will be to grab as much of these Impulse buyers and convert them to loyal customers (who has affinity for BRAND X) so that they become ambassadors for their products which in turn will channelize more sales. Hope i haven't made things complicated here. [roll]

For me its simple. Make a list of requirements. TD all the vehicles within your budget. Check which vehicles marks your requirements.
Take time to research on the vehicle and brand. Go get it.

I am not the one who will book the car without a TD. Yes. I have certain brands which I know will make good products(Honda, Fiat, MS, Toyota) but no, not without a feel of its drive. But I also feel if Mr. XYZ has owned a particular brand for a long time and has had zero problems(reliability, A.S.S, safety........) then which each passing year he/she will make up his/her mind this is the car I wanted. He/she will upgrade to a better car within the same brand.

Both are valid views. Depends on the way of thinking[:)]

Ajay, I purchased car without taking test drive. As i did not know car driving that time[;)]. But surely i did thorough research online of different cars with in my budget, finalized the make and model than approached the different dealers of same make of car [:D]
For me its simple. Make a list of requirements. TD all the vehicles within your budget. Check which vehicles marks your requirements.
Take time to research on the vehicle and brand. Go get it.

I am not the one who will book the car without a TD. Yes. I have certain brands which I know will make good products(Honda, Fiat, MS, Toyota) but no, not without a feel of its drive. But I also feel if Mr. XYZ has owned a particular brand for a long time and has had zero problems(reliability, A.S.S, safety........) then which each passing year he/she will make up his/her mind this is the car I wanted. He/she will upgrade to a better car within the same brand.

Both are valid views. Depends on the way of thinking[:)]

Ajay, I purchased car without taking test drive. As i did not know car driving that time[;)]. But surely i did thorough research online of different cars with in my budget, finalized the make and model than approached the different dealers of same make of car [:D]
You seem to be an exception buddy.[;)]
Now that you know driving, What will be your next car brand ? And will you choose it without a TD ?

Top Bottom