As The Wheels Roll and The Shutters Click…Travel Reminiscences…

Thread Starter #466
Re: As The Wheels Roll and The Shutters Click…Travel Reminiscences…

The Crimson-backed Sunbird or small sunbird (Leptocoma minima) is a sunbird endemic to the Western Ghats of India. Like other sunbirds, they feed mainly on nectar although they take insects, especially to feed their young. They are tiny birds that are resident and are found in forests but are particularly attracted to gardens at the edge of the forest where people grow suitable flower-bearing plants. [wikipedia]
DSC_5640ls.jpg @700mm, f/8. 1/80, ISO1000

Thread Starter #467

I was focusing on the Fantail on the top and as I was shooting, the second one hopped on the branch and was off in a second. Tough luck. :-) ... The white-spotted fantail or spot-breasted fantail (Rhipidura albogularis) is a small passerine bird. It is found in forest, scrub and cultivation in southern and central India. It was formerly considered a subspecies of the white-throated fantail. [wikipedia]

DSC_4608ls.jpg
@700mm, f/8. 1/125, ISO400

Hi,
Awesome photos I must say! Appreciate your effort to take, process and upload photos in the forum. Best wishes.. What photography gear do you use? Please do share some birding tips.

Regards,
Harikrishnan

Thread Starter #469

Hi,
Awesome photos I must say! Appreciate your effort to take, process and upload photos in the forum. Best wishes.. What photography gear do you use? Please do share some birding tips.

Regards,
Harikrishnan
Thank you very much, Hari! Appreciated. [:)] Sorry for the late reply. I was in South Africa looking for some wildlife. [:)]

I use a Nikon D90, D7100 and a D500 bodies with Nikon 18-105mm vr, 70-300mm vr, 200-500mm vr, 1:4 teleconverter and a Tamron 150-600mm vc lens.

Red-whiskered Bulbul...

DSC_3301.jpg
(@700mm, f/8, 1/60, ISO 200, hand held)

Thread Starter #471

Nilgiri Blue flycatcher...

The Nilgiri flycatcher (Eumyias albicaudatus) is an Old World flycatcher with a very restricted range in the hills of southern India. It was formerly referred to as the Nilgiri verditer flycatcher because of its similarity to the verditer flycatcher, a winter migrant to the Nilgiris, which, however, has distinct dark lores and a lighter shade of blue. There are two small white patches at the base of the tail. It is found mainly in the higher altitude shola forests of the Western Ghats and the Nilgiris. [wikipedia]

DSC_4490ls.jpg

Thread Starter #475

Spotted on the road from Coonoor to Doddabetta peak, Ooty, Tamil Nadu on 12, June 2017. While driving on that road, we found a nice place to park. We were just walking around enjoying the nature when we came upon this and some more birds in that area.

Square-tailed Bulbul...

DSC_3112ls.jpg
D500, 200-500mm+nikon1:4 tele, @700mm, f/8, 1/250, ISO640, handheld.

Top Bottom