Are Your Car Features Making You Lazy?

Are Non-Safety Features In Your Car Making You Lazy?

• Total voters
Thread Starter #1
As the thread title explains, is your car features making you lazy day by day. Apart from the safety features offered by the company, features like cruise control, adaptive cruise control, automatic park assist, 360 degree camera (apart from reverse camera), lane keeping assist, touch screen entertainment system ( day by day its getting bigger and bigger with its competition rivals now don't get me wrong this feature is worth every penny), gear indication, etc are making us more lazy day by day which kind of makes our drive a boring one when we upgrade the car. That's why we enthusiast crave for more power from engine while upgrading to different segment and don't even bother about the features provided to us in our car. But the mass market buy the car only for features and especially the car must have an AT variant too.

So pour in your comments and suggestions whether the features provided in the car are making you lazy or not. And which feature is making you feel lazy occasionally?. Now don't get me wrong i didn't mention that safety features are making us lazy, apart from safety features all other features are making us lazy in my opinion. Safety features are life saving one.

Voted Maybe
Few features that make me lazy(or convenient) are
Auto Folding ORVM'S : No need to manually adjust the ORVM'S especially the co-passenger side.
Auto A/C : Just set the desired temperature and enjoy the drive irrespective of outside weather and however long the distance.
Power Windows : Opening/ Closing Windows manually was an exercise especially in few year old cars.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Your thread heading reads as ''Are your car features making you lazy'' whereas the poll heading reads as '' Are the Non - safety features in your car making you lazy''.[confused]

My reply here is for the question 'Are your car features making you lazy ''
+

Hmm.. not exactly. I always like 'features' whether I utilize all or not. More features aren't going to make me lazy, but I feel some comfort.

In my car (Tigor), initially I fitted mirror Dashcam with reverse camera, but later I felt it was inconvenient (also the display is small) decided to go in for Blaupunkt 9inch Head unit replacing the OEM HU and the reverse camera fitted into the new HU. Now, I am going to fix a front camera (not Dashcam) as I found it bit difficult when I was visiting one of my relative house recently and the pocket roads were very narrow and electric posts are almost occupied most part of the road. It's a tight passage and many places I had to stop and go situation in order to avoid any scratch on my car.

With a front camera, above problem can be solved, I think.

Like this, I prefer the features and not going to be lazy on them, at least for the time being.!

Last edited:
Thread Starter #4
Your thread heading reads as ''Are your car features making you lazy'' whereas the poll heading reads as '' Are the Non - safety features in your car making you lazy''.[confused]
Yep, i started this thread considering that many TAI gers over here would also comment about their past experiences so in those days seat belts were itself a safety feature as well as it was an unnecessary feature for many in those days. And it was a feature that made the person lazy in those days (not now).

Hmm.. not exactly. I always like 'features' whether I utilize all or not. More features aren't going to make me lazy, but I feel some comfort.

In my car (Tigor), initially I fitted mirror Dashcam with reverse camera, but later I felt it was inconvenient (also the display is small) decided to go in for Blaupunkt 9inch Head unit replacing the OEM HU and the reverse camera fitted into the new HU. Now, I am going to fix a front camera (not Dashcam) as I found it bit difficult when I was visiting one of my relative house recently and the pocket roads were very narrow and electric posts are almost occupied most part of the road. It's a tight passage and many places I had to stop and go situation in order to avoid any scratch on my car.

With a front camera, above problem can be solved, I think.

Like this, I prefer the features and not going to be lazy on them, at least for the time being.!
What you said is correct. I agree with you.

But people in those days drove with none of the features which we have today and the car's dimensions were humongous than now. Just think of it with that much big car and none of the features they were able to drive in a more congested and broken roads conglomerate. It is only we (me also) complain about the roads and lack of features in our compact cars. So according to me in the present situation apart from safety features everything is not necessary. I am just asking everyone how many times have you used cruise control if you have one?.

I am not really targeting you but this is the fact. Please don't mistake me.

And with the car of huge dimensions in those days they don't even need any of these features just they had the ORVM's that's it. Day by day the size of the car's are getting smaller and smaller in dimensions and still we get into accidents, get dents, etc. The automobile industry is working a lot to make driving easy for a beginner too by introducing cruise control, Automatic transmission, etc. which made many people feel comfortable lazy that driving a car in Indian roads is as simple as it is.

I still appreciate and welcome the new features which the automobile industry introduce in their cars but those features are making a common man feel lazy.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Yep, i started this thread considering that many TAI gers over here would also comment about their past experiences so in those days seat belts were itself a safety feature as well as it was an unnecessary feature for many in those days. And it was a feature that made the person lazy in those days (not now).
Yes, you are correct. I don't remember anyone wearing a seat belt those days. Even, I don't remember if there was a seat belt fitted in the car when I bought my first M800 in 1984. I think not wearing seat belts those days was because of laziness instead much importance was not given in wearing the seat belts. Also, there were no strict rules and no hard checking by cops like these days.

But people in those days drove with none of the features which we have today and the car's dimensions were humongous than now. Just think of it with that much big car and none of the features they were able to drive in a more congested and broken roads conglomerate. It is only we (me also) complain about the roads and lack of features in our compact cars.
Agree. Even A/C was a fancy those days. Many preferred to buy a standard car and then if necessary fit A/c from aftermarket sources. There was no parking problem as you get plenty of space in most places you visit. No reverse camera, no sensors. An ordinary single din music system was what we used to get those days. Still, we all enjoyed because the features available in the Indian made cars those days were very few.

Thread Starter #6
Even, I don't remember if there was a seat belt fitted in the car when I bought my first M800 in 1984. I think not wearing seat belts those days was because of laziness instead much importance was not given in wearing the seat belts. Also, there were no strict rules and no hard checking by cops like these days.
Yes, i agree with you that wearing a seat belt wasn't a necessary thing in those days. But wearing the seat belt in those days made the boss/owner lazy by not getting down to buy things and ordering their drivers to buy (that's how an owner should be). So safety plays a major role here but each and every person doesn't get their job done by themselves and instead mentioning safety as a reason nowadays people have become lazy in my opinion. Anyways safety features apart.

There was no parking problem as you get plenty of space in most places you visit. No reverse camera, no sensors.
:agree:

But with the rise of number of cars per family even if it is a compact car (sedan/suv) nowadays with many features we still complain about the roads and lack of features our car doesn't have which is making us lazy day by day. As there is more traffic, day by day the automobile companies are designing in such a way that our cars dimensions are more compact than the previous model that we own and they also introduce more features to make it more easy to drive than the previous car that we own.
For ex: Nowadays people don't even drive the car without a parking sensor (fit it aftermarket) but in those days people would just judge the parking space and park their cars but after these features are introduced people feel that it is the work of the sensors and not the driver himself to judge the parking spot.

Another ex: The concept of an budget/economic/VFM estate cars (TATA Sierra Estate, TATA indigo marina, etc) have gone which is serious thing to be worried. If we have an estate type cars we can easily move our house, go for a really long trip with our family, etc., with automobile companies shrinking their cars no one is ready to manufacture an budget estate type car nowadays. Sales of the estate type cars can be a big question but i bet that there are more people to get one.

Top Bottom