Are You Satisfied With Authorized Service Center?

Are You Satisfied With Authorized Service Center?

• No

Votes: 12 41.4%
  • YES

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Can Improve Further

Votes: 9 31.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thread Starter #1

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Friends,

I am beginning this thread so that we can share our views on whether we are actually satisfied with the workmanship and attention paid to our vehicles during the servicing by the Authorized Service Centers of the brands. This thread is not just about 4-wheeler and you may add your experience about the 2 wheeler Authorized Service Centers too.

Format for listing your experience

ASC Name

Name of Brand

Work Done to your car / bike

Your Opinion on the service and ASC

------------------------------------------

Regards

Akash

Nairrk

Honoured Member
A nice thread - Thanks.

I have just done 2nd service on My Alto K10

ASC: Popular Vehicles and Services Pvt Ltd, Ezhilode, Payyannur, Kannur District (Kerala)

Car: Maruti ALTO K10

2nd service done at 1646Kms. Did not have any major complaint on the car except some minor things which they attended

Vehicle handed over at 9:15 AM and received back at 12:15PM which means in 3 hours they did the Service.

Bill amount: 0 (it means really a FREE Service [:)])

What I likes them most (even during 1st service), soon after the vehicle was handed over to them, I received an SMS from them advising that vehicle has been received by (name of the service guy), and another SMS intimating that the service/repair is over and we can collect the vehicle.

Timely information/intimation from the Service center with the customers are very good and satisfying.

SC Name: Rohan Motors/ Pasco/ Prem Motors/ Rana Motors

Name of Brand: Maruti Suzuki

Work Done to your car / bike: 8 Regular services and 2 accidental repairs

Your Opinion on the service and ASC:

Rohan Motors: Massive accidental repair happened here. Airbags and all were changed. But they have very inefficient communication staff and you are often left in the dark as to what status the car has reached until final delivery of car back to customer. And also delivered car waaay after they had promised initially. They opened up whole car. Airbags and all changed. They fixed it up and one day before delivery they took TD and said steering rack also broken. Another week and half gone just for a steering rack. Highly unprofessional.

Pasco: Gave work for repairs. Somewhat better as they delivered on promise but they looked to add a lot of unnecessary costs which could have been avoided. Still one of the better ones around.

Prem Motors: Highly incompetent. My car was so troubled recently and these fools just scanned car and removed errors gave it back. And charged 600 odd for it. As it was expected, the issue came back right after the car came back from the SVC. Emails to Maruti Suzuki was of to no avail. Horrible. Would not recommend.

RANA Motors: Bought my car from them and now I get it serviced here too. I used to give it to APRA but they closed down hence I give to RANA now. They are good at servicing but very intent on making a higher bill than usual. I have to often cut out items from their list when I give my car for servicing. Rest they have been decent.

I wonder who said a Maruti meant fuss free ownership and cheap ownership costs.

Its all just a myth. Infact servicing in Maruti is bit costly, its not cheap of what we expect. And also, service is totally unprofessional. Its all what I hear from my friends recently. [frustration]

You should try TATA, The worst service ever, if you give them a good car and tell them there is some minor issue, please check that issue, they will definitely ruin you car for sure.

They have good cars coming in with good specs and performance, however people are scared about the after sales service.

Unless service is improved TATA cannot stand in the market no matter if they give the best they have.

So if you compare with other manufacturers service, I would definitely say maruti has a hassle free service.

Cheers
Josh

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool thread, my experience with them after owning 2 cars of same brand in a row.

ASC Name : Deogiri Auto/Concorde Motors

Name of Brand : TML

Work Done on my Tiago by Deogiri Auto (99%) : First and second services, Engine Mountings replacement after every 1000-2000 km, and niggles sorted.

Work Done on my Manza by Concorde Motors : Full A to Z, from servicing to polishing. I used to love the way they used to polish it.

Your Opinion on the service and ASC : TML should provide them with prying tools and proper training. Dealership Service Head told me Tiago Diesel don't have Turbo :lol!:, TATA appointed technician told me Tiago Diesel doesn't come with Balance Shaft [lol]. The worst is accessories department in both dealership.

You should try TATA, The worst service ever, if you give them a good car and tell them there is some minor issue, please check that issue, they will definitely ruin you car for sure.

They have good cars coming in with good specs and performence, however people are scared about the after sales service.

Unless service is improved TATA cannot stand in the market no matter if they give the best they have.

So if you compare with other manufacturers service, I would definitely say maruti has a hassle free service.

Cheers
Josh
I have had amazing experiences with TATA Motors service centers. I wish they had an Ertiga rival then would have bought that only.

Its all just a myth. Infact servicing in Maruti is bit costly, its not cheap of what we expect. And also, service is totally unprofessional. Its all what I hear from my friends recently. [frustration]
True. Each service is 7-8K. Not happy. Plus the attitude is frustrating.

Last edited by a moderator:
ASC Name Popular motors & Indus motors

Name of Brand Maruti Suzuki

Location Killipalam,Trivandrum & Venpalavattom,Trivandrum respectively

Work Done to your car / bike First 2 services & 3rd and 4th respectively

The way Popular handles the cars is more prone to service.They take in the car via suspension test track in speeds of high revs in 2nd gear .More money minded service .
Indus ,i have my friend there ,so he takes care of car as his own .No problems at Indus .

My thought-Whichever ASS you need a contact there.

ASC Name
Sagar Motors
Name of Brand
TATA MOTORS
Work Done to your car / bike
First free service(Tigor)
Had a minor panel alignment issue, they fixed it to my satisfaction but their car wash was not good and the same was reported on their feedback call, Resolution was a free car wash.
Overall, a good service center, definitely recommended.

Forgot to tell about Honda 2-wheeler services.

ASC Name : Pritam Honda and Venetian Honda

Name of Brand : Honda 2-wheeler

Work Done on my Activa 125 by Pritam Honda : First free service.

Work Done on my Activa 125 by Venetian Honda : Sorting niggles and second services

Your Opinion on the service and ASC : Pritam Honda doesn't know how to service my Scooter, end result was they messed up with its settings. Venetian Honda is far from my place and their service is bad too. Though have bought AMC from Honda, but still prefer my local roadside mechanic to service my Activa 125, who does excellent job.

Thread Starter #11

Akash1886

Honoured Member
ASC Name : Crown Honda

Name of Brand : Honda Cars India

Work Done to your car : Brake Pads and Spark Plug Changed.

Your Opinion on the service and ASC : The workmanship of the technicians isn't upto the mark. There are some technicians who do not give required time to one particular car even when they are assigned for it. My experience after getting the brake pads changed wasn't very good. My car began to vibrate upon applying brakes between 60-80 Km/hr so had to take it back to them for the 2nd time and it was found that the brake discs were not properly refurbished by them and still it had too much of lines on it. On the 2nd attempt it was properly rectified and during the test drive, the car drove just like always i.e super silent. "DO IT RIGHT FIRST TIME" wasn't met in this case. However, thanks to the Service Manager there who promptly addressed the concern and got it all done to my satisfaction.

Regards

Akash

ASC: Shanti Motors
MFR: TVS motors
Scooter: Jupiter 2015
Gave for 5th Paid Service, 3533km.
Complaints, scooter riding very rough, low mileage, and starting trouble.
Work done by ASC, Air filter, carburater, cleaned, oil changed, belt cover opened and cleaned, there was vibration on the handle bars.
All above fixed.
Paid 540

ASC: KTL Ltd
MFR: Maruti Suzuki
Car: Wagon R 2014
Gave last year for 3rd service @13k km, now completed 19k km.
Oil and filter changed, their wheel allingment not working, told to get it done outside.
Paid 2.5k
Wheel allingment and balancing done, paid 350.

ASC: Sai Motor
MFR: Tata Motors
Car: Nano XTA 2016
Complaints, car driving rough, low mileage.
Air and cabin filter cleaned, Air filter choked, cabin filter clean, all nuts and bolts tightened, car washed and cleaned inside out.
Paid: NIL (AMC Gold covered)

With all 3 ASC's I'm next to the vehicles.

Ratings: 5* Tata Motors, 4* TVS, 2* Maruti (they will cut corners and add to your invoice on any silly pretext)

Adding about my experience of latest acquisition (Skoda Rapid)

ASC Name : Autobahn Skoda

Name of Brand : Skoda

Work Done on my Rapid : Sorting Niggles, Removal of Dent and Addition of scratches

Your Opinion on the service and ASC : Everything is good unless you have any issues, once you are in issue and seeking help from brand like Skoda, it's best to solve it at another service center. My recent experience with service center have shaken my trust in this brand.

Last edited:
ASC Name : Vijai Motors - TVS MOTORS - Avadi, Chennai

Name of Brand - TVS New Victor 2016

Work Done to your car / bike : Right from 20th month of usage, very high vibration from front head lamp doom post touching 52 kmph speedo. Till now, in the 24th month, the same problem exists. Secondly, the fork had gone tight, they adjusted and adjusted and adjusted, nothing happened. If the handle bar is loosened, the fork and the entire frontal part starts vibrating, shaking, and like the cluster is going to fall. Every undulation would give a very bad sound. So asked to tighten the fork, now the handle bar is too tight.
Now the ASC asks me to replace the steering cone kit for a 1000 buck set back, that too within warranty period on my cost. Pathetic service.

Your Opinion on the service and ASC : Unskilled technicians, lethargic attitude. Please don't buy any bike or service any vehicle from Vijai Motors - Avadi.

ASC Name : Mithila Hyundai Pvt Ltd

Name of Brand : Hyundai

Work Done to your car / bike : Free services + 1 paid service

Your Opinion on the service and ASC : I Have Hyundai EON .ASC scares me ! 1st paid service billed for 3800 Labour charges + Miscellaneous = Total some 6500 (Excluding Brake pads and disc repairs which were quoted 2300+800). Had to get it done outside for 1800 all inclusive. However their ERROR/PROBLEM detection is accurate.

After servicing :
I got servicing done in January and now its September so in all 9th month.

Milage went drastically down to 14-15 KMPL from earlier 18-21 KMPL (highway - Tankful to Tankful)

Driving feels strained (may be oil change needed)

Brakes have consistent screeching noise (pretty loud) everytime i start car on first few kms

Because of these factors, although Services are recommended by manufacturers at 1 year i feel due to roads and whether conditions in India It has to be twice a year.

Top Bottom