Are SUVs Difficult to Drive in Chaotic Cities?

Are SUVs Difficult to Drive?

• Total voters
Thread Starter #1
If you ask me . i feel driving SUV that is my Safari is easier on Road except parking pain. But some place there are very narrow road where safari can't go so i drive I10 .

Now time i take to reach my factory in both cars from home in traffic .
Safari = 20min.
I10 = 35min.

What I felt, I told you guys

Yes I feel that SUVs are a lot easier to drive, given the fact that the Indian road conditions vary from state to state or from cities to cities. It also depends the way we handle or drive the vehicle, but in some cases it becomes totally impossible due to various factors like rash driving, less awareness, road manners and etc.

I am planning to buy a Luxury Car or a Luxury SUV this year (2011) when I come to India, it would depend on my budget what I would choose or select. The Hatchback is also a good option for many road users as it saves time and fuel.

Over the years what I've noticed is whether an owner is rich or not or if the driver is rich or not everyone gets to drive the vehicle which is great[clap]. Another thing I noticed many times that a celebrity or a businessman his or her driver drives Luxury cars and SUVs for travelling and gets a lot of media and fan attentions.

My choices to save time and reach safely to the destination
  1. A Motorcycle for touring purposes
  2. A Bicycle for a healthy excercise
  3. A Car
  4. An SUV
  5. A Hatchback to maintain a low profile

I am buying a Bike also, so that I'd have a choice of either travelling by Car / SUV / Bike[thumbsup].

I have written what my heart was telling me to write its a pure love of automobiles which connects us to each other / everybody and everyone just loves the feeling of being a proud owner, ''Inshallah I will be a proud owner soon and share the good news with all of you.

Drive Safe,
Abdul Rahman Ansari

Re: Are SUVs Easy to Drive in Cities?

No i would not say SUV'S are difficult to drive inside cities , just that you have to be extra careful when making turns due to its bigger size! Parking of course is a "BIG" problem inside city!

I infact love to drive an SUV , thanks to its intimidating factor , everybody makes way for you! And also people in India respect an SUV more than a sedan or a hatch!

I have not driven SUV's(except for some test drives) and I felt uncomfortable while doing so. The probable reasons according to me were:
1. Larger turning radius.
2. Rear and side visibility.
may be once you get used to it, then you can manage.

Not at all ! IMPO suv's are the easiest to drive especially if the have a smaller turning radius like a scorpio. At present I am using a small hatchback, a sedan and a SUV and inevitablely I Let the driver drive the hatchback and the sedan but always drive the SUV myself.

i think SUVs are easy to drive in cities. I drove a Pajero Sport the other day and it was pretty easy. also bonus the the commanding seating position.

350Z

Core Team
As far as driving an SUV on normal city roads is concerned, I won’t say they are difficult but no easy either, thanks to bigger dimensions and nothing could be a chore than parking them in tight spots, which requires a fair exercise, otherwise overall I’d rate them to be a very capable vehicle for their better visibility, driving position and command than any other car.

Drive Safe,
350Z

IMO, SUV's are always difficult to drive in city conditions. the size is what matters. for ex, if you are stuck in a traffic jam, and there is enough space where only a small car or a sedan could go, then there you are. standing and waiting long long hours for the traffic to clear up. but in the same condition, if you would have a small car, the scene would be totally different.

i have never driven suv so dont know..but after sitting inside it doesnt makes much difference IMO. btw how difficult is it to use SUVs when using daily and parking?? can some suv owners throw some light please..

Thread Starter #13
i have never driven suv so dont know..but after sitting inside it doesnt makes much difference IMO. btw how difficult is it to use SUVs when using daily and parking?? can some suv owners throw some light please..
driving is easy but parking is most difficult work .

Top Bottom