Are All Automotive Forum Members Obeying Traffic Rules?

Thread Starter #16
Hi all,
Whether traffic police are accepting the soft copy of insurance , Tax and RC in case if you forgot the hard copies. Because a week before, me along with my friends were set for a bullet ride. A policemen stopped us and checking our Documents. One of my friend water serviced his bike and the insurance was completely torn, Luckily he took a copy before 3 to 4 months which we shown to Police man which he accepted.
Today in newspaper i saw a news that in Delhi they are going to launch a scheme that not to carry insurance and Tax related documents along with you. Instead your vehicle details will be stored centrally in a database i believe and Police can retrieve in case of verification.

Hi all,
Whether traffic police are accepting the soft copy of insurance , Tax and RC in case if you forgot the hard copies. Because a week before, me along with my friends were set for a bullet ride. A policemen stopped us and checking our Documents. One of my friend water serviced his bike and the insurance was completely torn, Luckily he took a copy before 3 to 4 months which we shown to Police man which he accepted.
Today in newspaper i saw a news that in Delhi they are going to launch a scheme that not to carry insurance and Tax related documents along with you. Instead your vehicle details will be stored centrally in a database i believe and Police can retrieve in case of verification.
When policemen stopped me in couple of situations, I didn't had the physical documents. My bad. I was lazy enough to take a xerox copy and keep it in bike. But my habit is having all the important copies in my mobile in pdf format(License, passport, PAN, RC books, insurances etc.). So in both the situations I showed the RC book and the insurance copy in my mobile and they accepted it. So I asked them whether this is ok. What they said is a valid insurance copy should be available for the bike. It doesn't matter if it is physical copy or soft copy. The vehicle should have a insurance. And the vehicle RC is in my name, the photo should do to prove that the vehicle is mine. So no issues. In both the instances, the policemen were very genuine. Even in fining other vehicles who didn't have documents of breaking the rules. So thereafter I always have a physical copy and soft copy both.

When policemen stopped me in couple of situations, I didn't had the physical documents. My bad. I was lazy enough to take a xerox copy and keep it in bike. But my habit is having all the important copies in my mobile in pdf format(License, passport, PAN, RC books, insurances etc.).....
Even I think it is all right because if license number and insurance number are centrally stored, accessing and verifying owner details will be easy. Also, we woudn't have to worry in case we forget carrying the documents or god forbid someone stoles it.

1. Parking the car inside the main lanes itself.
2. Driving in the opposite direction to avoid taking a U turn by going far.
3. Not bothered to wait in the signal.
4. Honking like fools when other vehicles waiting in the Signal.
5. Using Mobile phones while driving.
6. Over speeding in the roads.
7. Throw / Spit in the road itself while driving and not caring about other cars will be affected by that.
8. Drunk and driving.
9. Not maintaining the Lane discipline.
Number 1: If I don't find a suitable place, I don't mind parking half-a-kilometre away and walking.
Number 2: Oh no, not even in my dreams. Too scared to even attempt that.
Number 3: Not a chance. Plus, it helps that green is my favourite colour[:D]
Number 4: The only thing I do is switch the car off and watch what others do.
Number 5: I'll give a recent incident as an example. Was driving from college to home on NH7. My phone kept ringing in my pocket. Ignored it twice, entered a service lane and parked there. Just then my phone started ringing again. Answered it with no fear or tension.
Number 6: The highest speed I've ever done in my life is 110kph in our Scorpio on the most empty stretches of highways. The first sight of a vehicle in front and my foot gets off the accelerator almost as a reflex.
Number 7: Nope, I don't do that. I don't chew spitting stuff or eat anything inside the car. About throwing stuff out, if there's no dustbin, I carry the covers, papers etc. home.
Number 8: I don't drink.
Number 9: I can safely say that I obey lane rules[:)]
More info: It's been two years since I got my license. Started learning driving on our jeep on empty, rural roads when I was 15 years old. Six years later, I can say that I am your average, no-nonsense driver[:D]

Last edited:
To add to the traffic rules, how many of us stop at the "Stop Line" at the Signal?

The stop line is meant for a reason as immediately after that is placed the Zebra Crossing for the pedestrians.

I have seen people just cross over the stop line and sometimes even the zebra crossing and then stop their cars for the signal. At major junctions they come in so ahead enough to block half of the path of the road coming from the right hand side slowing down there movement.

I most of the time ensure to stop at the stop line. Sometimes I do find sane people around who actually follow suit. But most often there are morons who come behind me and start honking/ flashing lights urging me to move ahead and stop, Which I coolly ignore. God knows what difference will it make by going and stopping a few metres ahead.

My observation is that if people actually stopped at the Stop Line at a signal, the movement of vehicles from the other arms of the junction can move quickly as the road ahead is clear making some considerable difference in traffic snarls if not a huge one.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
@ wander - i do the same and just like you I witnessed many people standing just besides me before the stop line. I guess they just see the car which is standing at the front and don't pay heed to the stop line.
If there are cars at the front and I decide to stop before the line some moron will fill the space blocking both the lanes.

Following were some of the main points:
1. Parking the car inside the main lanes itself.
will try to park as much as possible on the side of the road so that ensuring that there is space enough for the other vehicle to pass by. I fold the mirrors after parking so that they do not hamper other vehicles passing by.

2. Driving in the opposite direction to avoid taking a U turn by going far.
Never do it. and Hate when some others do.

3. Not bothered to wait in the signal.
Well I wait at almost all occasion and sometimes whenn tthere is no traffic on roads (at past midnight ) i cautiously break the signal.

4. Honking like fools when other vehicles waiting in the Signal.
I honk when I see people still standing when the light has turned green. or are crossing from one extreme of road to other extreme obstructing the traffic.

5. Using Mobile phones while driving.
NEVER

6. Over speeding in the roads.
Yes mostly when the speed is 30 KM i do go at 40-50 kmph. on highways its 80kmph i do around 90-110 kmph.

7. Throw / Spit in the road itself while driving and not caring about other cars will be affected by that.
NEVER and hate when some other does it.

8. Drunk and driving.
No Never. I am a responsible driver and love driving over drinking.

9. Not maintaining the Lane discipline.
Yes do if often in cities but on highways try to follow as much as possible.

10. etc., etc.,
Yeah abuse people not following rules (wrong lane driving, Obstructing the traffic), which i need to stop.

Top Bottom