Are 10 Bucks Too Much To Afford If You Can Spare Rs.8 Lakh Car?

Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
This happened just about a few days ago when I was going somewhere during night and saw a new silver color Fiat Linea parked in midst of the almost empty two lane road with high beams switched on at full level. Initially I thought that some maniac is driving on the wrong direction, though I still continued to move safely but after reaching ahead found that car was at a halt, parked in an odd manner and there were a few people arguing with the driver, only a few minutes thereafter the driver of Linea rolled up the tinted glasses and those 2-3 people standing outside start knocking it and began the actual scene, The driver rashly reversed the car making a bad screeching sound by hitting the person standing behind and suddenly putted into forward gear and again hit the one who was in front, that person almost lied down on the bonnet and was gently thrown away. The driver ran out but thankfully no one was injured. After inquiring it was found that those people standing out side were parking guys and it was all happening because Linea owner refused to pay just Rs.10 for parking. This raises the question that are Rs.10 too much to spare when one can afford Rs.8 Lakh car?

However, I’ve witnessed many incidents where car owners (Even Mercedes!) run away without paying authorized parking fee but such a reckless scene was surely a first sight. Apart from this, another idea which I have for suggestion is about issuing motor parking cards (This will require automated parking booths too) where one can simply swipe off their card and the certain amount will be deducted each time, once the amount is over, there’ll be an option to renew it again and so on. This would avoid the hassle of paying Rs.10 each time whenever you park, and also, probably prevent occurring such cases like I told above, in future.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Bit strange, but what i felt is (in Bangalore mainly) most of places the problems happens with un-authorized parking guys.
But this doesn't mean you hit the guys with car and run away.
And also I am sure we all should pay where there is authorized parking place. Parking is costly and everybody should bear it.

350Z, your idea about parking card is noble, but you know how the things are in India. Nobody wants change.

This is a bit strange , i have never seen or heard an incident like this before! I always pay-up the parking amount if am asked to pay. After all we spend so much for ourselves and our car so i don find any problem in paying up Rs.10!

But am also against the malls and theaters charging exorbitant amounts for parking! Though even i pay them the amount they charge , i feel its really high and high time they provide free parking for its customers!

OMG,

Trying to kill pals for asking parking fee.
Even if it is not authorized, there is a way to deal with it. Not ramming them. [anger]

In this aspect, things happen in India is very worse.
I saw a hit and run case. A guy in Scorpio just rammed a tiny Santro in a highway(120Km/h i guess).
I guess he dozed off. This happened at 4 AM.
The result is a loss of life in Santro. No impacts in Scorpio i guess as i didn't see any in that spot. Bull bar bend may be. [frustration]

Thread Starter #8

350Z

Core Team
That was kind of a horrific situation, but it all happened with in seconds when the Linea guy ran away. I can not explain in words how rashly such a beautiful car was being driven. Sadly, no one could notice the number plate, else he would have been sued by now.

Drive Safe,
350Z

oh that is very bad incident! shame on linea driver. but yea agree with some card like thing..sometimes it becomes irritating to give money everytime.

oh that is very bad incident! shame on linea driver. but yea agree with some card like thing..sometimes it becomes irritating to give money everytime.
Instead we can have a credit card/debit card system. Just swipe your card while entering the parking, and swipe again while going out. Parking lots must not have per hour charge. They must have 10-min. charge.

That shows the cheap mentality of the owner, 1 st he should try to control his anger.
One's life is invaluable, No one should play with other's life.
The way he had driven on to people shows how he has been brought up with no care for others.
Why the hell did he cry for 10 bucks as if he was loosing 1000$.

Thread Starter #12

350Z

Core Team
Instead we can have a credit card/debit card system. Just swipe your card while entering the parking, and swipe again while going out. Parking lots must not have per hour charge. They must have 10-min. charge.
A lot of people don't prefer to use their Credit Cards anywhere. So in this era of plastic money, a separate card for Parking makes some sense, I believe. Delhi Metro has the similar thing.

Drive Safe,
350Z

I guess, Arkin_Young is referring to sort of RFID system, some thing similar to the one we already have for Mumbai local trains.

I guess, Arkin_Young is referring to sort of RFID system, some thing similar to the one we already have for Mumbai local trains.
Shynish, my knowledge on RFID is limited. I just know it has something to do with radio frequency identities, transmitting and stuff. Could you please through some light on it?[confused]

@ Arkin: RFID means Radio frequency identifier.
This application you can easily recognise in the Big Bazaar they use just to prevent theft against shop lifters, The one's not billed will beep at the exit point.
Another use is in this chip will be embedded in the cars key, So as to identify that the original owner is unlocking the car & not with duplicate one's.

Top Bottom