Apple VS Windows

What's Your Pick?

• Total voters
I have both and like both but I must say Mac is more user friendly and easy to use and more organized and I love the GUI of Mac a lot.
Mac is expensive for a reason I pay extra just for the quality the hard ware which is really awesome .
Having said this I liked windows 8 and might buy a Microsoft surface rt version for me to replace the iPad once it launches .

I have voted for windows - for PC.
But when it comes to smartphones/tablets, iOS beats windows hands down. [glasses]
I have checked "Mango" OS from MS and it does gets some time to get used to, but its a great improvement as far as integration of various features (like images, media etc) is concerned. :smile:
Iam the other way round I love Mac as I use a MacBook air and iPad 2 but phone I use Nokia lumia 800 with windows mango it's hands down the most user friendly fast, sleek operating system I have used till date . Next phone will be nothing other then a Nokia with windows phone 8 .

I have voted for Apple when it comes to Phones and ipods. Best in the segment (personal choice). After using Samsungs, HTC's, BB, Motorola, i used the iphone and after that i have always been using it.

When it comes to laptops/computers i guess windows wins the race but apple is not bad either.

i think it depends on what a person would use it mostly for, a mac costs a lot for the same hardware you'd get in a windows.
I personally find mac more better when it comes to audio production and video editing, for gaming a windows is great I've installed windows on mine via bootcamp for gaming and loving it.
only thing of a mac ones your warranties over any hardware is gonna kill you.
on one of my MacBooks i never brought protection plan for it a month after warranty expired i had an issue with the main board and the cost to replace it was 90% the cost of a new macbook.

i think it depends on what a person would use it mostly for, a mac costs a lot for the same hardware you'd get in a windows.
I personally find mac more better when it comes to audio production and video editing, for gaming a windows is great I've installed windows on mine via bootcamp for gaming and loving it.
only thing of a mac ones your warranties over any hardware is gonna kill you.
on one of my MacBooks i never brought protection plan for it a month after warranty expired i had an issue with the main board and the cost to replace it was 90% the cost of a new macbook.
Damm that's expensive. I know that without protection plans they cost a lot BUT upto this extent. Surprising.

And yes when it comes to playing games and composing music or anything related to Audio, MAC is the best option to go with.

well yeah the screen cost some 30k+ main board depends on the model if its very old then 30k if not then above. The battery is some 5000+
Keyboard(top case is 13k-20k) and the bottom cover costs 3000. MacBooks only have one main board which has processor and gpu. so theres around 7 parts which are replaceable in the macbook. But if you find a guy who can repair the main board then good, i got my main board repaired under 4000.
yes macbook supports a lot of midi keyboards and softwares infact apples very own logic pro and final cut is superb. only thing they get hot.

Last edited:
thats not it
my senior wanted to upgrade from 4 gig ram to 16 gig ram on his new mac book
mac book was bought for 90k
ram cost quoted by apple store 30k
end of story he sold his mac book and went with dell alienware
his query
why would i pay one 3rd price for a ram upgrade when the same for a windows pc cost 3 to 4k
[frustration]

haha well the ram used is the same as the ram used on other laptops, so if he would've checked it in the market he would've got it for pretty less.
A similar thing happened to me, I wanted a 500 gb hdd for my mac this was 2 years back.
I went to apple they quoted me 13k for a 5400 rpm one. I got a 500 gb 7200 rpm for 6000 in the market installed it my self.

btw apples pretty good in their warranty, but not as dell.

Linux!

I use Ubuntu mainly(SSD crashed recently so not anymore) and its quite good. The only reason I have windows in my PC is games, rest everything goes well in Ubuntu.

Apple cofounder Steve Wozniak worries Microsoft is now more innovative than Apple

Apple cofounder Steve Wozniak worries Microsoft is now more innovative than Apple | TabTimes

This should break some ice.

That’s a switch. Apple has long had the reputation as one of tech’s biggest innovators, but its cofounder Steven Wozniak is impressed by Microsoft’s recent moves.
You're late in posting it. :P

Anyways, Apple's innovation is gone with Steve Jobs. The only thing they know now is how to sue people in court. [frustration]

Top Bottom