Apple Products: Discussions & Suggestions

re: Apple Products - Discussions and Suggestions

Hey guys apple is launching 5 th generation IPhone, at it's Cupertino head quarters on Sep 12, which means day after tomorrow in US.
Yes that's what the rumors are as of right now.

And according to them it will be available in stores from 21st September.

Thread Starter #47

The IOS 6 boasts of following upgrade from IOS 5.1.1, which is forcing me to upgrade to IOS6 on IPad 3.
Here is a description of the same:
  • This update contains over 200 new features, including the following:
  • Maps
  • Apple-designed, vector-based maps
  • Turn-by-turn navigation with spoken directions on iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (2nd and 3rd generation)
  • Real-time traffic information
  • Flyover for photo-realistic, interactive 3D views of major metropolitan areas on iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, iPad (3rd generation) and iPod touch (5th generation)
  • Local search results with Yelp photos, ratings, reviews and available deals
  • Siri integration for requesting directions and finding places along a route
  • Siri improvements
  • Sport: scores, player stats, game schedules, teamsheets and league standings for American football, baseball, basketball, football and ice hockey
  • Films: trailers, showtimes, reviews and facts
  • Restaurants: reservations, reviews, photos and information
  • Send a Tweet
  • Post on Facebook
  • App launch
  • Eyes Free in supported cars
  • Local search available in Siri-supported countries (availability may be limited during initial rollout)
  • Additional country and language support for Canada (English and Canadian French), China (Mandarin), Hong Kong (Cantonese), Italy (Italian), Korea (Korean), Mexico (Spanish), Spain (Spanish), Switzerland (Italian, French, German), Taiwan (Mandarin), US (Spanish)
  • Supported on iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, iPad (3rd generation) and iPod touch (5th generation)
  • Facebook integration
  • Single sign-on from Settings
  • Post from Photos, Safari, Maps, App Store, iTunes, Game Center, Notification Centre and Siri
  • Add location and choose audience for any post
  • View up-to-date Facebook profile photos and contact information in Contacts
  • View Facebook events and birthdays in Calendar
  • Like content and see your friends' Likes in App Store and iTunes Store
  • Shared Photo Streams
  • Share selected photos with the people you choose
  • Friends can view shared photos in Photos app, iPhoto and Apple TV
  • Friends can like and make comments on individual photos*
  • Passbook
  • One place for boarding passes, store cards, film tickets and other passes
  • Barcode display for boarding flights, buying coffee, getting into films and other actions
  • Passes displayed on Lock Screen based on time or location
  • Passes can be automatically updated
  • Supported on iPhone and iPod touch
  • FaceTime improvements
  • FaceTime over mobile network support for iPhone 5, iPhone 4S and iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (3rd generation)
  • Receive FaceTime calls, sent to your iPhone number, on your iPad and iPod touch
  • Phone improvements
  • Do Not Disturb to suppress incoming calls and notifications
  • 'Reply with message' option when declining a call
  • 'Remind me later' option based on time or location when declining a call
  • Mail improvements
  • VIP mailbox to quickly access mail from important people
  • Flagged email mailbox
  • Insert photos and videos when composing email
  • Open password-protected Office docs
  • Pull down to refresh mailboxes
  • Per-account signatures
  • Safari improvements
  • iCloud tabs to see open pages on all your devices
  • Offline Reading List
  • Photo upload support
  • Full-screen landscape view on iPhone and iPod touch
  • Smart app banners
  • JavaScript performance improvements
  • App Store and iTunes Store improvements
  • Updated store design
  • iTunes Preview history
  • Complete my series
  • Complete my album
  • Game Center improvements
  • Challenge friends to beat high scores and achievements
  • Post high scores and achievements to Facebook and Twitter
  • Friend recommendations based on your Facebook friends
  • Accessibility improvements
  • Guided Access to limit device to one app or restrict touch input on certain areas of the screen
  • VoiceOver integration with Maps, AssistiveTouch and Zoom
  • Support for Made for iPhone Hearing Aids for iPhone 5 and iPhone 4S
  • Improved privacy controls for Contacts, Calendars, Reminders, Photos and data shared over Bluetooth
  • Reminders can be reordered in the Reminders app
  • Custom vibrations for alerts on iPhone
  • Clock app for iPad
  • Clock alarm with song
  • Search all fields in Contacts
  • Automatic film mode for improved video sound quality
  • Definitions of a selected word for Chinese, French, German and Spanish
  • New keyboard layouts for French, German, Turkish, Catalan, Arabic and Icelandic
  • Keyboard shortcuts shared across devices via iCloud
  • Bluetooth MAP support
  • Global network proxy for HTTP
  • Features for China
  • Baidu web search
  • Sina Weibo integration
  • Share videos to Tudou
  • Share videos to Youku
  • Improved text input for handwriting and Pinyin
  • Bug fixes
  • Some features may not be available in all countries or all areas. Please visit this website for more details:
Apple - iOS 6 Feature Availability

For information on the security content of this update, please visit this website:
Apple security updates

Last edited:
Thread Starter #48

Hey all the folks of TAI with IP4/4S, if you are upgrading to IOS6, make sure you have switched On the 3G button, else your IPhone would go into 2G mode, with no option to ON the 3G.
And Internet by default will be connected with Edge connection.

Hey all the folks of TAI with IP4/4S, if you are upgrading to IOS6, make sure you have switched On the 3G button, else your IPhone would go into 2G mode, with no option to ON the 3G.
And Internet by default will be connected with Edge connection.
Didn't get your msg properly?
Just now I updated to IOS 6 with 3G "Off" Mode ( Update done thro wifi ). I can access net on 3G mode after updating it . Default access can be set by selecting the 3G or Mobile data function.

Thread Starter #50

Didn't get your msg properly?
Just now I updated to IOS 6 with 3G "Off" Mode ( Update done thro wifi ). I can access net on 3G mode after updating it . Default access can be set by selecting the 3G or Mobile data function.
It happened to me while updating to IOS6 on IP4 in June.

May be they have worked on the feedback, to be on safer side, follow this.

Thread Starter #51

Hey guys the IOS 6 for Ipad 3 really surprised me with Siri, i wasn't thinking to do a upgrade, as the google maps will be unavailable.
But somehow did it today.

The latest maps is from Tom Tom, which i feel, once people start using it, it leaves a trail in the server of Tom-Tom and may be accurate over the years to come.

The 3D option similar to Iphone 4S came alive, the rendering of maps is amazing,as it wont give you a Top view as google, instead makes you feel you are moving on that path.

The attachments of 7-8 mb of image is mailed in less than 15 seconds, as against earlier which used to take 2-3 minutes.

Now there is integration of Facebook while attaching pics from Gallery to Facebook, however one cannot attach more than 5 files at a time.

Other changes are the analogue clock has been provided.

Siri cannot navigate you to a Airport, it says this facility is unavailable in India.
photo 1.jpg

photo 2.jpg

photo 4.jpg

photo 5.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg
How the loading and rendering of map starts.
10 (2).jpg

11 (2).jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Apple Products - Discussions and Suggestions

Now there is integration of Facebook while attaching pics from Gallery to Facebook, however one cannot attach more than 5 files at a time.
I liked this update, comes out to be pretty handy if you need to upload any pictures on Facebook.

BTW: Ordered my Iphone 5 today[:)]

@Singh , congrats for your iPhone5.

I did update my iPhone 4 with iOS 6. I downloaded maps+. Default map is not showing proper address. It is not able to search many places. Other than that few changes for iPhone4.

I think I'll update my iPad 3 with iOS 6 today. Or should I first try the Google Maps Navigation and then move on?

Thread Starter #55

I liked this update, comes out to be pretty handy if you need to upload any pictures on Facebook.

BTW: Ordered my Iphone 5 today[:)]
Congrats Singh , you can avail the benefits of Long term Evolution(LTE).
Which carrier you are tied with AT&T or Verizon?
@Singh , congrats for your iPhone5.

I did update my iPhone 4 with iOS 6. I downloaded maps+. Default map is not showing proper address. It is not able to search many places. Other than that few changes for iPhone4.
I am still using 5.1.1 on IPhone 4.
However still you can open google map in Safari then adding it as home screen will solve your problem.

I think I'll update my iPad 3 with iOS 6 today. Or should I first try the Google Maps Navigation and then move on?
You must really try this update as, the photo attachments is quick, as well as the GUI in App Store now installs apps directly without popping out from that window.
Though Siri is one step behind in recording the voice, as IP 4S quickly acknowledges the words better in one time.
The apps loads quickly too.

Congrats Singh , you can avail the benefits of Long term Evolution(LTE).

You must really try this update as, the photo attachments is quick, as well as the GUI in App Store now installs apps directly without popping out from that window.
Though Siri is one step behind in recording the voice, as IP 4S quickly acknowledges the words better in one time.
The apps loads quickly too.
Thanks Bro(Sir). I'll start downloading now.

Thread Starter #57

iPhone 5 is ultra light, super fast than predecessors.
A comparison coming soon between iPhone 4 vs 4S vs 5.
All pics looks stunning in this HD screen.
Not to mention I am browsing TAI in HD.[:)]

Last edited:

ITunes debuts in India; download a HD movie for Rs 490

After a long long wait, Indian iPad, iPod and iPhone users can now finally purchase their favourite Bollywood and regional music and movies and books from iTunes store in local currency, with Apple launching the service in the country.

iTunes Store was simultaneously launched in 55 other countries, including Russia, Turkey, and South Africa and users can buy local and international content.
iTunes Store, a popular service in the US, is already available in 119 countries.

Indian customers will get to choose from over 20 million songs available for purchase and download on iTunes Store, Apple said in statement. Songs are priced at about Rs 12. Latest Bollywood albums, like 'Ek Tha Tiger', is available for Rs 96. Users can also rent and downloaded movies.

Movies from major global studios, including 20th Century Fox, Sony Pictures Home Entertainment, The Walt Disney Studios and Warner Bros Pictures as well as local distributors would also be available for download. A high definition version of a movie like 'Ek Tha Tiger' is available for purchase for Rs 490, while the standard version is available for Rs 290. Users also get the option to rent the title for Rs 120 (HD version) or for Rs 80 (SD version).

In India, Apple iTunes store will face competition from Nokia Music Store that has a catalogue of over 4.5 million songs, and Flipkart's digital music store, Flyte.
Nokia claims that its music stores sees 1.4 million song downloads a day.

Meanwhile, global music giant Sony Music has uploaded half a million songs on iTunes music store, India, including Bollywood, International and Tamil film songs. "The experience, range and the market friendly pricing is very attractive, so we are confident that the store is going to make a big impact.

"To start with initially, we would say 5-6 lakh monthly downloads for the next 3-4 months would be a good start for us," Sony Music President (India and Middle East) Shridhar Subramaniam told PTI.

He, however, added that piracy and relatively small users base of Apple devices remains a challenge in a country like India.

iTunes debuts in India; download a HD movie for Rs 490

Hai guys
Anyone updated IOS 6.0.1.
I have ios 6 and got suggestion to update.
Im thinking about that.so pour your suggestion.

I m also an Apple user.We use I-Phone 3GS Black Color on September 2011.It is Indian made.I-Phone is just awesome with its amazing looks,features and others.But,Pic quality became blur since last 2.5 months.

And,good news,ordering I-Pad for my personal use by this month or next month.

This would be my second Apple.I m an Apple lover.

I already experienced I-Pad many times.

My third Apple would be,An I-Phone 5,I guess.

Top Bottom