Apple Products: Discussions & Suggestions

re: Apple Products - Discussions and Suggestions

Mukesh you need to know about Jailbreaking and Unlocking.
Jailbreaking--Allows you to install cracked apps.
Unlocking-- Allows you to use any sim..
So if you jailbreak it's still an ipod and it needs unlocking to work as phone.
Ok let me know if your phone was jailbroken earlier, this enables us to grab SSH from phone, revert it back to 4.3.3 and use Gevey sim for unlock.

Hi Professional,

Its a Tethered one , We can use the same application REdsnow for JB for 5.0. and 5.0.1 too . Untherred make take some time

Mukesh you have also joined the Apple family is it?

I also bought an Iphone4 here in India itself 2 months back , its awesome!

Never in my life i thought i will buy an Apple product. I always considered them way too costly but the more i started looking at it and using it , i fell in love with it! I think hereafter i will be buying Iphones only!

Since i bought it here no problems for me , the retailer himself cut my sim and inserted it in my phone. I am not much of an app guy so i think i wont be jailbreaking it.

Thread Starter #19

Mukesh you have also joined the Apple family is it?

I also bought an Iphone4 here in India itself 2 months back , its awesome!

Never in my life i thought i will buy an Apple product. I always considered them way too costly but the more i started looking at it and using it , i fell in love with it! I think hereafter i will be buying Iphones only!

Since i bought it here no problems for me , the retailer himself cut my sim and inserted it in my phone. I am not much of an app guy so i think i wont be jailbreaking it.
Yes Dhaya, my bro has got himself an Iphone 4.

But i am using it till he unlocks it, it has been a Ipod touch & browsing hotspot for me.

Btw even i have cut a Vodafone & Airtel 3G sim to the AT&T size one.

What is the OS update having on your Iphone & Baseband.
Mine is IOS 5.0.1 with firmware 4.11.08 .

Thread Starter #21

Hey guys just forgot to mention, iPhone 4 is unlocked, now i have updated to IOS 5.1.1 Base Band 4.12.01.

The unlock was the official one without paying a penny.

My bro just lodged a complaint to AT&T Customer care, which they issued ticket number, followed the same with Apple, and they unlocked his phone.

As he said that he is in India and wants to use the phone here.

They sent the link to login through Itunes, Tada Phone Unlocked.

A moment i was waiting for all these days.
IP4.jpg

Last edited:

Hey guys just forgot to mention, iPhone 4 is unlocked, now i have updated to IOS 5.1.1 Base Band 4.12.01.

The unlock was the official one without paying a penny.

My bro just lodged a complaint to AT&T Customer care, which they issued ticket number, followed the same with Apple, and they unlocked his phone.

As he said that he is in India and wants to use the phone here.

They sent the link to login through Itunes, Tada Phone Unlocked.

A moment i was waiting for all these days.
View attachment 53300
Congrats buddy. Though the unlock for 4 is still not out here (In US) you can only unlock upto 4.0 or use the gevey sim but with gevey sim the data plan does not work properly and sometimes you have signal problems as well .

And also for the gps you can download the Mapquest app. That's free of cost. And it has voice guidance as well. I am using that app right now and it is great.

Hey nice thread even i got a iphone 4s 64gb from U.S locked to verizon , first i jailbrake it Untherred one and used it for good 5 months as i ipod touch as on that time no carrier unlock is available then in April gevey unlock is launched in U.S that to for gsm locked phone ie like at&t but mine is cdma one locked to verizon then in may another unlock is out by gevey and this time for cdma phones but the prize is on higher side rs 4000 or so i dont remember exactly that to its available in us and other countries so i wait and let the unlock to available in india but as we say what ever happen is happen for best so finally i software unlock it by myself without paying a Paise .

Must have application for a jailbreak iPhone .
1. Winter board or Spring board (to add custom themes , ringtone , system sound and much more)
2. Installous ( to get paid application for free)
3. Mx tube (to download you video directly to the phone )
4. Sb setting (to get shortcut menu on main screen like Bluetooth , WiFi ,3g on/off button )
5. Perfect downloader ( to download online contents )
6. PDA net (to convert you phone in to wifi hotspot to use 3g service of phone on computer with WiFi )
Some cool cydia winter board customization application
1. Android lock
2. Barrel
3. Battery control
4. Deep end
5. Infinidock
6. Zephyr

Thread Starter #25

Congrats buddy. Though the unlock for 4 is still not out here (In US) you can only unlock upto 4.0 or use the gevey sim but with gevey sim the data plan does not work properly and sometimes you have signal problems as well .

And also for the gps you can download the Mapquest app. That's free of cost. And it has voice guidance as well. I am using that app right now and it is great.
As per what I heard by Sep, IPhone 5 with IOS 6 is on cards from apple, so will be looking forward to it.

This phone in particular was AT&T locked, now working well with Airtel.
Their 3G works like charm, 3G connection on hotspot becomes mobile broadband.
I am just loving it.

Nope I have not used any jailbreak, as the phone is still in US Warranty.

http://tech2.in.com/news/ios/wwdc-2...ed/315062?utm_source=nldaily&utm_medium=email

In IOS6 good to see that apple is parting away from google maps and providing their own maps with 3D depth level, and real time updates, with tie ups from existing companies.

Last edited:

As per what I heard by Sep, IPhone 5 with IOS 6 is on cards from apple, so will be looking forward to it.

This phone in particular was AT&T locked, now working well with Airtel.
Their 3G works like charm, 3G connection on hotspot becomes mobile broadband.
I am just loving it.

Nope I have not used any jailbreak, as the phone is still in US Warranty.

WWDC 2012 banner shows iOS 6 announcement, new iOS logo revealed

In IOS6 good to see that apple is parting away from google maps and providing their own maps with 3D depth level, and real time updates, with tie ups from existing companies.
Phones back in US are cheap as we do a 2 year contract. but they are locked to the particular network. I send a lot of phones to my cousins back in India. So with Iphone that's the only problem anything above 4.0 is not easily unlockable. Rest all other phones i never have a problem to unlock them.

But it's nice that you have unlocked your phone. I am planning to come to India by October and waiting for the Iphone 5, so that i can buy it here before leaving US. But the thing is so far there is no news about the Iphone 5 and usually apple launches their phones around November. So it's definitely not coming in September.

Thread Starter #27

Hey guys i was using Galaxy S2, definitely its not to my liking, inspite of big screen and contrast which makes colors look un-natural.

IPhone 4 scores well in terms of faster loading and smoothness of the screen while zooming.

Absolute compatibility with videos of youtube.

But in Galaxy S2 there was a broken link, offcourse the overall big screen fails to impress.

Some times the screen pixelates suddenly.

Galaxy S3 Vs Iphone 4.
09-DSC06266.JPG

10-DSC06267.JPG
Screen Pixelating in S3
14-DSC06271.JPG
Compatibility issue in Android, Video cannot be seen in IP4 can be seen.
16-DSC06273.JPG

Latest IOS 5.1.1 allows the photo screen to slide for faster usage of camera to click photos
24-DSC06281.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

+100 to that. This is something i like about iphone 4 and 4S. The screen and the user interface is just awesome in Iphone.

Thread Starter #29

+100 to that. This is something i like about iphone 4 and 4S. The screen and the user interface is just awesome in Iphone.
Iphone 4 S is on the way in a few days, will update more once i lay my hands on it.
Since Apple did not speak about IP5 at the conference, cant wait any more for it.
So it would be IP4S to bro and IP4 to me.[:)]

Iphone 4 S is on the way in a few days, will update more once i lay my hands on it.
Since Apple did not speak about IP5 at the conference, cant wait any more for it.
So it would be IP4S to bro and IP4 to me.[:)]
That's nice i bought my Iphone 4 in last July and then in Jan i changed to 4S. And i just love it. Especially SIRI. Whenever i am driving and if i have to look for something i just bring the phone close to my ear, SIRI activates and then i just say what i need to find and the lady does that for me and then you can select the place and taadaa maps will take you there.

Also the 8 Megapixel camera is good and the dual core A5 chip just makes the phone work really fast.

Top Bottom