Apple Products: Discussions & Suggestions

After experiencing it a bit, I do agree with others, there is nothing significant. But what hurts me is the pathetic battery backup I am getting. It’s down to 10-12 hours from 20-22 hours [frustration]
Thanks for the information. I have 11.4.1 and was about to update. Now I will avoid the update.[:)]

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Apple rolls out iOS 12.1 second beta with fix for charging issue, 70 new emojis and more

Two days ago, we reported about a few Apple iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max users facing issues with charging on their devices. Users complained that their iPhones were failing to detect the lightning cable when being in the standby mode. In order to start charging, users had to tap the screen or press the standby button. In some cases, unplugging the cable and plugging it back again was required. Now, Apple is providing a fix for that problem in second beta version of the iOS 12.1 update it is rolling out today.

Read more:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Apple rolls out iOS 12.0.1 update, fixes charging bug and issues with Wi-Fi

To apply the new update, users need to head to Settings > General > Software Update and select “Download and Install”. The update can also be installed physically using iTunes and connecting the iOS device to a computer.

Read more

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Apple launches Beats Solo 3 Wirless Mickey Mouse Edition, Beats Studio3 ‘Skyline wireless headphones

Apple has introduced two new wireless headphones for its users. The company has introduced a special edition Beats Solo 3 Mickey Mouse Limited Edition headphones, which comes with a price tag of $329.95 and Beats Studio3 ‘Skyline’ wireless headphones for $349.95.

Starting with the Mickey Solo 3 headphones, it comes with a custom Disney/Beats carrying case coupled with a 90th-anniversary pin. There is Mickey Mouse decal all over the headphones and it will be available in grey colour options

Read:

Guys,is iPhone XR a good buy?Thinking to buy one in Jan 2019 in black colour as I'm getting fed up with my iPhone SE,which screen is small and due to this,my eyes are getting distracted.Or else,will go for iPhone 8 or 8 Plus as I don't want to spend Rs.25000-30000 extra on iPhone XS,which costs Rs.1L here.If I'm lucky enough,I might get an XS or XS Max for myself from abroad just like how I got iPhone X from US this year.Even thinking to replace my dad's 2 year old Oneplus 3 too with an iPhone.Is iPhone 7 Plus worth to buy now at Rs.50000 or make him purchase iPhone 8 or 8 Plus?His usage is mostly Whatsapp,Youtube(he watches videos) and Facebook.So,battery backup is important for him.

I might change my iPhone in another 3 months as I'm not in a hurry to buy now and got bored with small screened phones.Will wait for initial reviews and buy one soon.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Apple iPhone XR with LCD display, A12 Bionic chipset and Face ID now available in India: Price, specifications and features

The phone comes in three storage variants with the base model offering 64GB for Rs 76,900. The iPhone XR with 128GB storage and 256GB storage are priced at Rs 81,900 and Rs 91,900 respectively.

The iPhone XR can be described as the iPhone 5C of 2018. It not only comes in six different color options but also has the same design and features found on premium iPhone XS. It sports a 6.1-inch Retina HD LCD display as opposed to OLED found on the iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max.

Read:

Apple iPhone XR with LCD display, A12 Bionic chipset and Face ID now available in India: Price, specifications and features

The phone comes in three storage variants with the base model offering 64GB for Rs 76,900. The iPhone XR with 128GB storage and 256GB storage are priced at Rs 81,900 and Rs 91,900 respectively.

The iPhone XR can be described as the iPhone 5C of 2018. It not only comes in six different color options but also has the same design and features found on premium iPhone XS. It sports a 6.1-inch Retina HD LCD display as opposed to OLED found on the iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max.

Read:
Gonna buy one in Jan 2019 in Black colour and Rs.25000 cheaper than iPhone XS with same features except single camera,3D touch.Already read the reviews about XR and seems to be promising and heard that it gives good battery life too.If I don't like it,I will save Rs.7k and buy an iPhone 8 Plus in Space Grey colour for myself and thus,I'll be saving Rs.30000 over XS if I buy an 8 Plus.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Apple iOS 12.1 to bring Group FaceTime and dual-SIM support

“Available for free through Apple Books, the revised “iPhone User Guide for iOS 12.1″ is largely unchanged from a previous version created for iOS 12,” Apple Insider reported on Friday.

“There are, however, two major additions that confirm upcoming availability of features teased at Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) 2018 in June and Apple’s iPhone unveiling last month,” the report added.

In addition to Group FaceTime, the user guide also notes dual-SIM functionality for iPhone “XR”, “XS” and “XS Max” will go live when the iOS point update sees release.

Read:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Apple iPad Pro (2018) launched with Face ID, USB-C port and A12 Bionic chipset: Price, Specifications

Apple is introducing the new 2018 iPad Pro in 11-inch and 12.9-inch screen sizes like in the past, but the devices have much smaller footprint thanks to the new edge-to-edge display design. While newer iPhones feature an OLED display, the new iPad Pro sticks to Retina LCD displays but offers higher resolution and pixel density. In terms of design, the new iPad Pro features a boxier design that we last saw on iPhone 5 series.

Read:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Disappointing iPhone XR reception forces Apple to cut short on production

A report by Nikkei Asian Review signals that the iPhone XR hasn’t received the reception that Apple anticipated from it and has instead forced the Cupertino giant to rethink its production plan. As it turns out, Apple has demanded that Foxconn and Pegatron cut its production line for the budget model.

Read:

Since I hate marketing hyperbole, I would like to clarify certain claims:
Apple watch’s ECG is technically just a rhythm strip, not a ECG. At most it can be classified as 1 lead ECG ( Normal ECG has 12 leads). It monitors the heart pulse and if there is irregularity, it reports it. The irregularity can be due to anxiety and emotion like watching India lose match or seeing petrol price at petrol bunk! Thus it need not be due to genuine AFib (Atrial Fibrillation).

In fact, FDA clearance certificate clearly states the following:
In other words, notification of AFib doesn’t mean you have AFib and absence of AFib notification doesn’t mean you don’t have AFib!!
It is also worth noting that the feature will be available only in US by this month end. There is no news of availability of this feature for other countries.
Lastly, this is not the first wearable AFib monitor to be cleared by FDA as claimed by Apple[lol]. Alivecor’s Kardia Band was cleared years ago by FDA and has been selling for years now. In fact, it is a popular Apple watch accessory.

I wasn't aware that there is a wearable device with the Afib monitor already in market. Was under the impression apple was the first. They are good to market :) Got the software update for the EKG app on iwatch and seems to be a good prelim indicator for any abnormalities. Definitely agree this is not a full fledged EKG.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Apple Maps Turn-by-Turn Navigation Feature Comes to India

• Apple Maps on iPhone and iPad now supports the new feature in India
  • You can switch between Drive and Walk options for navigation
  • Turn-by-turn navigation is spotted in various regions in India
Read:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Next-gen Apple AirPods 2 might get 'Hey Siri' command support

apple-iphone-7-airpods.jpg

Like Google and other companies, Apple added a wake-up command to its AI Assistant Siri. The keyword ‘Hey Siri’ wakes up Siri on iPhones and iPads and the following commands prompts Siri to initiate the task. But Apple AirPods do not have support for this function yet. Instead AirPod users have to double-tap the AirPods to initiate Siri and then ask it to do something.

Read:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Apple starts rolling out iOS 12.1.4, fixes FaceTime vulnerability

Apple-iOS-1214.jpg

Apple has started rolling out the iOS 12.1.4 for its iPad and iPhone users across the globe. The update has thus fixed the bug inside FaceTime which allowed someone calling their contacts to hear the recipients voice before the call initiatives.

Read:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Apple AirPods 2 to Launch on March 25 Alongside New Services: Report

• The Apple AirPods are priced at Rs. 11,999 in India
  • It is speculated that the AirPods 2 could launch on March 25
  • Apple will also likely announce its long-awaited video streaming service
Read:

Top Bottom