Apple Products: Discussions & Suggestions

Even I stopped using my Iphone 6s. Battery was a concern plus Iphones are still single sim handsets in today's world! Happy with my OnePlus 6 which got Android Pie beta update and is also a dual sim handset.

Even I stopped using my Iphone 6s. Battery was a concern plus Iphones are still single sim handsets in today's world! Happy with my OnePlus 6 which got Android Pie beta update and is also a dual sim handset.
Apple is offering new batteries for $29 till end of this year. Check if 6s is also included in that. They are doing this as there were many law suites filed against them as they slowed down the performance on the older phones.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR go official; specifications, features

The iPhone Xs retains the same screen size of 5.8-inch (as the iPhone X, whereas the new iPhone Xs Max comes with a 6.5-inch screen (2668x1242pixels). Both feature OLED Super Retina displays, and support HDR10 to make the content lively. They also support 3D Touch. They are now made from stainless steel frame.

They are powered by the new A12 Bionic chipset that is built on 7nm fabrication process. It has a hexa-core CPU, with 2 performance cores and 4 efficiency cores.

The iPhone Xs starts at $999 (approximately Rs 72,000), the iPhone Xs Max starts at $1,099 (approximately Rs 79,200), wheras the iPhone Xr starts at $749 (approximately Rs 54,000).

Read:

Just saw an update where its confirmed that apple is coming out with its first dual sim iphone launch in USA with later on available across globe and for indian market as well.

The apple watch 4 seems to be promising with the new edge to edge display and the ECG.
Since I hate marketing hyperbole, I would like to clarify certain claims:
Apple watch’s ECG is technically just a rhythm strip, not a ECG. At most it can be classified as 1 lead ECG ( Normal ECG has 12 leads). It monitors the heart pulse and if there is irregularity, it reports it. The irregularity can be due to anxiety and emotion like watching India lose match or seeing petrol price at petrol bunk! Thus it need not be due to genuine AFib (Atrial Fibrillation).

In fact, FDA clearance certificate clearly states the following:
The feature analyzes pulse rate data to identify episodes of irregular heart rhythms suggestive of atrial fibrillation . It is not intended to provide a notification on every episode of irregular rhythm suggestive of AFib and the absence of a notification is not intended to indicate no disease process is present; rather the feature is intended to opportunistically surface a notification of possible AFib when sufficient data are available for analysis.
In other words, notification of AFib doesn’t mean you have AFib and absence of AFib notification doesn’t mean you don’t have AFib!!
It is also worth noting that the feature will be available only in US by this month end. There is no news of availability of this feature for other countries.
Lastly, this is not the first wearable AFib monitor to be cleared by FDA as claimed by Apple[lol]. Alivecor’s Kardia Band was cleared years ago by FDA and has been selling for years now. In fact, it is a popular Apple watch accessory.

Last edited:
Waiting for the iOS12 update,
with this update, Google Maps and Waze will come to Apple CarPlay.

Just saw an update where its confirmed that apple is coming out with its first dual sim iphone launch in USA with later on available across globe and for indian market as well.
The Dual Sim in I-phone will consist of 1 Nano Sim & 1 Digital E-sim( i guess similar to CDMA handsets)

...The Dual Sim in I-phone will consist of 1 Nano Sim & 1 Digital E-sim( i guess similar to CDMA handsets)
eSIM is embedded SIM. It is basically a rewritable chip in the phone or IOT device. The telecom operators can supply provisioning profile details over the air through an app or by QR code. So unlike CDMA where phone number is locked to the phone, you can have multiple telecom operator numbers in eSIM and you can select which number should be active by selecting corresponding profile.
In India only Jio and Airtel have eSIM provisioning as of now. There are only 10 countries which support eSIM at present. Proliferation of eSIM is good as it will give tremendous boost to connected IOT devices and connected cars.

Yes, done with 1.51GB iOS 12 update. Feels slightly more fast, and strangely display seems a bit crisp to me.
After experiencing it a bit, I do agree with others, there is nothing significant. But what hurts me is the pathetic battery backup I am getting. It’s down to 10-12 hours from 20-22 hours [frustration]

I too upgraded my iPhone SE and mom's iPhone X to iOS 12.Performance of both phones has been improved and there is no lag after updating my SE to iOS 12.

Now,thinking to source an iPhone XS or iPhone 8 Plus for myself and my dad,who is using Oneplus 3 since last 2 years.My brother is willing to send me an iPhone XS from Canada along with insurance.My question is,does the international version(Canada and USA version)iPhone XS work with Indian sim though it has 2 sims now?If not,I'll source an iPhone 8 Plus.

Top Bottom