Apple iPad or Samsung Galaxy 10.1? Help Needed.

Thread Starter #1
Friends I am not so good in Gadget things.Soon will be going for MBA.Its mandatory to buy Apple I pad.Though I googled a lot on tablet PC,didnt exactly got the right information for what i was looking for.

Some points i need some information:

1.Can it is possible to connect external hard disk to I pad/tablet.

2.Can internet data card be used.

3.I don't want to take my laptop with me if i buy tablet or I pad.So will these fulfill all the requirement that a laptop can do.

4.Which one to go for

a. APPLE I PAD
or
b. SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB 10.1

Re: Apple I PAD or Samsung Galaxy 10.1?Help Needed

Friends I am not so good in Gadget things.Soon will be going for MBA.Its mandatory to buy Apple I pad.Though I googled a lot on tablet PC,didnt exactly got the right information for what i was looking for.

Some points i need some information:

1.Can it is possible to connect external hard disk to I pad/tablet.

2.Can internet data card be used.

3.I don't want to take my laptop with me if i buy tablet or I pad.So will these fulfill all the requirement that a laptop can do.

4.Which one to go for

a. APPLE I PAD
or
b. SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB 10.1
Apple Ipad you cannot connect any Hard Disk, anything you need you will have to download from Itunes.

If its Ipad 2 then you can insert Sim with 3g Internet if opted.

Else only Wifi is the way to go.

I would suggest you Wifi + 3G.

And the Ipad2 is lighter too, minimum go for 16 GB and above, as the space consumed by apps are more.

Galaxy tab is bit high on contrast and not to my liking, once you are used to apple products, nothing comes closer to Apple than any other competitor.

On the other hand Galaxy tab can accomodate a sim and can be used as phone too.

The photo clicking ability of Ipad too is good as well.

Visit Croma or Reliance stores for Live demo.

First check Ipad followed by Galaxy Tab, you will tilt to Apple Ipad.

Last edited:
Re: Apple I PAD or Samsung Galaxy 10.1?Help Needed

Apple Ipad you cannot connect any Hard Disk, anything you need you will have to download from Itunes.

If its Ipad 2 then you can insert Sim with 3g Internet if opted.

Else only Wifi is the way to go.

I would suggest you Wifi + 3G.

And the Ipad2 is lighter too, minimum go for 16 GB and above, as the space consumed by apps are more.

Galaxy tab is bit high on contrast and not to my liking, once you are used to apple products, nothing comes closer to Apple than any other competitor.

On the other hand Galaxy tab can accomodate a sim and can be used as phone too.

The photo clicking ability of Ipad too is good as well.

Visit Croma or Reliance stores for Live demo.

First check Ipad followed by Galaxy Tab, you will tilt to Apple Ipad.
+ 100
Iam using a iPad 2 past 1 year and no android tablets can come close atall in terms of apps, the user experience .
What phone do you use ? If you use a iPhone or android and have wifi hotspot in it you can use a 3G data on the phone and connect your wifi only iPad and surf.
If budget is no problem I would suggest you to buy a MacBook air 11 inches which iam using too you will get full functionality of a laptop and footprint of a tablet.
But if you wish for the iPad I would suggest you to wait as the iPad 3 will launch soon with retina display and once that happens iPad 2 price will be reduced .
I strong suggest you to go for iPad rather then any android tablet as honeycomb is not atall stable like iOS . If it is possible for you to wait a little longer then windows 8 tablet will also be a great option .

Thread Starter #4
Thanks mukeshus,Raja.Will go to the Chroma for a live demo.Think it will make things more clear.

Buddy go for the Apple Ipad. Its anytime better than the Galaxy 10.1 notepad. But also you can look for the Mac Book air. It's really awesome and light as well and almost the size of the ipad.

Thanks mukeshus,Raja.Will go to the Chroma for a live demo.Think it will make things more clear.
Pls do check the MacBook air too ,regarding iPad take all the tablets in chroma and use it side by side with iPad you will know the difference I will suggest you don't buy it yet as the retina display iPad 3 with a hd video recording will launch in a months time in the same price in which iPad 2 is selling and then iPad 2 price will be lowered by at least 5000 rs .

Thread Starter #10
Decided that I am going after Apple Ipad.Will buy it in the first week of June.Thanks guys for the suggestions.

Thread Starter #11
Atlast bought the new Apple IPad.Mine is wifi+4G,32GB.Finding little bit different as I have been using the laptop for last 4 years.But enjoying it very much.Once again thanks everyone for guiding me.

Atlast bought the new Apple IPad.Mine is wifi+4G,32GB.Finding little bit different as I have been using the laptop for last 4 years.But enjoying it very much.Once again thanks everyone for guiding me.
Did you get the retina display one ? Anyway just enjoy the iPad the more u will use it the more you will get addicted to it .

Congrats for the new Ipad buddy. It is one of the coolest tablets. The more you use it the more you will like it. how much did it costed you?

Top Bottom