Apollo Acceleres Causing Frequent Punctures

Thread Starter #1
Hello friends.Today I saw another puncture in my 3 months old i10's Apollo Acceleres.These tyres are good at grip and stability but still very bad since they easily get punctured.My old maruti 800 had only 4 punctures in the 10 years of its owner ship and these 3 months old tyres had 3 punctures in 3 months only......my mom takes i10 to the same place and even same parking spot where she used to take the maruti 800.In this way old mrf tyres of maruti 800 were far better than the brand new apollo accelers.
Is it only in acceleres or in all brands of tubeless tyres?

350Z

Core Team
Re: Apollo acceleres-bad tyres

While repairing the puncture - Did you check whether there were any sharp object that caused it to happen? Because puncture is such a thing in which tires cannot be blamed entirely. My 800 has faced lots of punctures up till now but all the times there were small sharp objects found and avoiding them on road is next to impossible.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #3

It always got punctured by nails or screws.But if both cars are driven on same road and on same parking spot then why doesn't the mfrs got punctured?Also in those 4 times the puncture was in those three mrfs zigma cc tires and the fourth one never got punctured which was a bridge stone Tyre.

Last edited by a moderator:

It always got punctured by nails or screws.But if both cars are driven on same road and on same parking spot then why doesn't the mfrs got punctured?Also in those 4 times the puncture was in those three mrfs zigma cc tires and the fourth one never got punctured which was a bridge stone Tyre.
maybe there can be some defect in your tires or they can be weak but then coincidence can also happen that sharp things come only in your new car's way!!

Even I faced the same problem. I changed tyres on my Santro from Bridgestone S322 to Apollo Accellere and now in pas three months I have seen two punctures and one side wall slit. The Apollo's are made of soft compound which give a better grip but on the other hand they are less resistant to punctures. One of my puncture was with a 5 mm screw which is never seen on a Bridgestone.

You really cannot blame the tyres for a puncture! I have something contrary to say , my Safari had Apollo hawkz and my Verna is having Bridgestone , both the cars traverse almost the same route but my Verna has suffered more punctures than my Safari.

You really cannot blame the tyres for Punctures.

i would second cooldaya on it. you can't blame the tyres for the punctures caused by nails / sharp objects. its your hard luck that you are riding over them. when i had bought my indica v2 i had 1 puncture every week for about the first 2 months. the pucture repair men told me that it was due to the poor quality of the tubes that they puctured at joints . tata people didn't replace the tubes. i changed all 4 tubes & voila! no puctures till i sold off my car after 3 years.

You can actually blame the tyres. It's how the tyres are designed and the tread that decides whether the tyre would absorb objects in midway or get rid of them. This this may not work on sharp objects but certainly a 5 mm screw with a flat edge should not be able to pierce though the tyre wall any time.

AMG

Suspended
If punctures are caused by nails or screws, you cant blame the tyres.

Go on, blame your luck for it.

But if both cars are driven on same road and on same parking spot then why doesn't the mfrs got punctured?A
maybe there can be some defect in your tires or they can be weak but then coincidence can also happen that sharp things come only in your new car's way!!
No defect in the tyres. MRF's foucs is on life of the tyre and Apollo's focus is on performance. The MRF is much harder than the Apollo.

No defect in the tyres. MRF's foucs is on life of the tyre and Apollo's focus is on performance. The MRF is much harder than the Apollo.
Agreed P3T3R. These must be the intended nature of these products. However, does that means, these products would NEVER have any defects or fail at all? My point is, defects do happen (or bound to be) in any products, irrespective of their intended nature.

I do agree that punctures are inevitable, but the frequency matters. In my life (or anyone) wouldn’t have heard such occurrence of Multiple Punctures in a single tyre, which is happening to me now. That makes me to speculate the matter. There can be many reasons like…

1. Under Inflation – Either not inflated to the recommended pressure, or Slow Deflation due to the 1st puncture which would have made it easier for the other nails / objects.
2. Intentionally Planted Nails – Generally done by Puncture Walas to opportune themselves. This was covered as an article in Times Mirror as well.
3. Defects – May be the Tyre is defective because of the Material / Content or Composition or in any other possible reasons. Experts can think of it better.

1st two reasons are generally possible, in which, the latter is condemnable but disastrous. Thus it makes me to think more in the 3rd point.

Top Bottom