Any Service Center For Safari Except Tata After Sales?

Thread Starter #1
Hi all ,

I have a Tata safari 3.0 run about 66400 kms , I wanted to have the transmission & the differential oil changed, wanted info on the grade of the oil , which oil should I go for Castrol or Mobil , is Shell any good , I am not going to TASS , I have had very bad experiences from both Prerana (Peenya) & Aadya motors (near Hebbal ) Bangalore , so request you guys to let me know of any contacts of a good mechanic who works on Safari in Bangalore , I also want to change the radiator shroud but unable to source the part , would be of a great help ,if you guys could help me out with this , planning to go for a short trip this weekend & wanted to have the car serviced this week , thanks in advance

hi buddy may i know why you wanna avoid TASS?? well arent there any other tata work shop apart from these two?

@Umang

This is the case with most of the TATA car owners these days who get afraid looking at TASS. I have personally experienced this when we got 2 TATA vehicles serviced and TASS further spoiled them. Finally a good TASS dealer in Hyderabad, Tejaswini motors. Hopefully Sreejith locate somebody in Bangalore too.

@Sreetjith
Its long back from my memory that there was a very good service center who does service for TATA cars as they war experts in Shivaji nagar Area. I am sorry I am unable to remember their name and unable to guide you the place as it was 5 to 6 years back.

Please search you will find one, of course you will get help from our TAI TATA car owners from Bangalore

Thread Starter #4
@Umang

I really had a terrible experience with both the service centers unfortunately these are the only two authorized service centers available with a 10 km radius to my home . I had to replace the clutch assembly , window beading had to be adjusted & in the process they tore my sun film , broke the door handle & the vehicle was never washed & they charge exorbitantly .Finally I have found a place through my friend will keep you guys posted on the repair status , will be there tomorrow to have the service done .

Thread Starter #6
Finally I got the service done , but again there was a small twist just thought of checking out Prerana once again , I was passing by Prerana in Peenya so thought of giving a try again , I had already setup an appointment for Thursday , reached there by 10 am the service advisor Mr Gopal said that he wil be there in 10 mins but not there @ his desk even after 20 mins so I call him up & he says that he will there in 5 mins , he then comes @ 11 I don’t let him know that I want to have the Defferential & the gearbox oil changed reason I did not want t ohave it changed from them , I had a broken sun shade , the seat belt had a lot of ply , the lug not on the stepney had slipping threads , tail lamp cover was missing on both sides , the from LH seat had missing nuts , the radiator fan shroud was broken wanted that to be replaced & there was a general check up that had to be done , I was told that they can have this done in 2 hours so I decided to wait instead of going home , I wait untill 12 & there is no sign of my vehicle being taken for the repair I call him up & ask & by 12 .15 pm they take the car in & I head to the customer lounge .

In the lounge , there are 3 sofas which can seat 8 in total there is a huge window overseeing the workspace , so I get in there is 1 old newspaper , I stand for sometime to check the wip , there is can for water but no glass , there are 2 TVs one broken & another has no cable connected to it , wait untill 1 pm & ask the service advisor to check the update he says that they are working on it & asks me to wait so I head towards the reception & check the fuel additives they have , the one they had in stock was System D manufactured in sep 2009 , I head back to the customer lounge , there was a meeting where all the service managers assembled the meeting went on for a good 45 mins , maybe these guys have some targets that they need to meet everyday , I see the service advisor going for a lunch & he asks me to have lunch in the canteen , I told I want to go home & have , then I check with @ two he says that the seats has to be taken out completely to put the nuts in but when I see the vehicle the seat is still intact & the bonnet is open , finally after a many call & waiting the car arrives , The job done , well the partially , he said that the seat belt ply was taken care of but I did not feel so he asked to use for some time if it does not fix will need to replace ,the stepney nut & bolt not replaced as no stock , only 1 tail lamp cover was replaced & again no stock , the radiator shroud was knot replaced as that single part will not be available & I will have to buy the entire radiator assemble which will coset upwards of 20000 , they said that one of the rear shocks is gone bad & needs replacement , asked them not to replace it . The carpets were not in place there was full of dust & emery paper in the second row , there seat caps for both the front seats were not fixed , I complain this to the service advisor & he tries for about 15 & finally puts the caps in place & finally I get a bill of 1700 but went out as not so happy customer

On my way home I call up my Gt tuners & fix an appointment with him ask him to get the oils that needs to be replaced , he was prompt , had been to his place earlier & was very happy with the service there but was not sure if he would be in the garage as he is normally very busy & will be touring , go there @ 4 pm , he gets Castrol oil for the gearbox & Agip oil for the differential & also checks the shocks & confirms that its good , so I head home in an hour . That night I head for a small drive to my shocker I get the check engine light coming on , in all these years I have owned the vehicle I have never got this error [frustration] , I turn off the engine & turn it back on the light does not come on , the next day the headlight werent coming on so I go a Bosch car service & have the headlight bulbs changed , put a new relay in & new 90/100 bulbs happy , head home & again I get the check engine light , was really tensed as I had to go to Mysore the next & came back in the night so I go home all working fine for now , except the check engine light , but on the next day I headed to Mysore & came back the check engine light did not come on , but I thing a noticed was there was smoke when I shift the gears . Sorry for the long story .

Top Bottom