Any Good Hotels in Ooty?

Thread Starter #1
:offtopic:We are planning an Ooty trip. I request all the people here to help me with a good hotel / resort. We will be 5 adults and 2 children, so would be needing 2 rooms, Budget is upto Rs.5000/-for both the rooms or a suite which will accommodate us all.

Where do you think I should stay ? Give me names of Hotels / Resorts, I will google and find their details and discuss before leaving from Chennai.

Thanks in advance. I know it is off topic but where else I could find such a response [glasses]

Last edited:
Thread Starter #2
Come on guys, your suggestions would help me decide early. I got a PM from Marun about at hotel in Ooty. I will check that out but at the same time request others to also extend support.

Thanks

350Z

Core Team
Come on guys, your suggestions would help me decide early. I got a PM from Marun about at hotel in Ooty. I will check that out but at the same time request others to also extend support.

Thanks
We visited Ooty and some nearby places (Such as Mysore) a few years ago but it was through the KSRTC Package. They provided a fantastic accommodation but since it's been long time, I don't remember the name. Ooty has some nice hotels, nonetheless. Hope some people from South can help. Also, I sincerely request everyone to please discourage the use of Private Message facility for asking or answering queries. The answer you provide on PM will help only one - whereas if we post it on the threads directly, it will help many and that is more beneficial. No? The understanding is much appreciated. Thanks.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Well i have visited Ooty several times, but have not stayed in a Hotel.
One thing is just after the bustand on the way to Coonor there is a big hotel with accomodation facilities but can't recall the name.
Places must visit are: Dodabetta, Coonor, In ooty Rose garden, boating, then Tea Factory.
In coonor you can visit Madras Regimental centre(Indian Army).
Strictly no photo clicking.
Then there is a park in OOTY.

For food you can visit Woodland.

Check My Travelogue: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/voyage-junction/1633-my-trip-ooty-tamil-nadu.html

hi, Sabol holidays is good, recently my friend had been to Ooty who stayed there. He said his exerience was very good. He said they have excellent cottages, moreover since it is off-season now, the tariffs also will be low.

Happy & Safe Driving
Srini

Thread Starter #7
Well i have visited Ooty several times, but have not stayed in a Hotel.
One thing is just after the bustand on the way to Coonor there is a big hotel with accomodation facilities but can't recall the name.
Places must visit are: Dodabetta, Coonor, In ooty Rose garden, boating, then Tea Factory.
In coonor you can visit Madras Regimental centre(Indian Army).
Strictly no photo clicking.
Then there is a park in OOTY.

For food you can visit Woodland.

Check My Travelogue: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/voyage-junction/1633-my-trip-ooty-tamil-nadu.html
Thanks Mukesh I would go thru the site and would cover these spots or as many as possible.[:)]

hi, Sabol holidays is good, recently my friend had been to Ooty who stayed there. He said his exerience was very good. He said they have excellent cottages, moreover since it is off-season now, the tariffs also will be low.

Happy & Safe Driving
Srini
Thanks Srini,

Yes, I know from 15th Jun onwards off-season starts in Ooty. I hoping to get a decent and good hotel / resort on a reasonable price. Let us hope for the best and I would contact Sabol to take the quote [thumbsup]

ilango[speed thirst];81688 said:
long back stayed in nahar hotel!
it was good then.

in next visit found lot of building near that hotel and stayed some where else , - forgot that name.
I was searching on net and some places like Meadows residency came frequently. How is this, any idea ? Would check Nahar as well.

Thanks

Guys,

Do give advice of clothings I should carry keeping in mind with two kids (7 and 3 years).

Looking at this thread and posting a reply is a like cake walk for me.
For hotels, i would suggest Hotel Gangothri (Near hill bunk), Hotel Nahar (Charring cross - It's costly now i think), Hotel Tamilnadu TTDC (Govt one and it's decent), Blue Hills International (Heart of the real city - a centre place to every location).
The climate will be pretty good. This is the end of season in Ooty (Flower show completed a month ago).
For kids, do carry thick dresses that cover them up. Avoid trousers, half sleeve etc.,
Do have a monkey cap and sweater/ jerkins. It should help you if the weather is not good.
Thermal wear may not be required at this time of year.
If you require any help in your itenary, just ask me. Can guide you thro' places that are not commonly visited (Had been there for a long 10 years).
Do not forget to dine in Shinkows (Near SBI & collectorate - opposite to women's police station) - This is the best chinese restaurant i have ever tasted food till date.
Cheers!

Thread Starter #9
Looking at this thread and posting a reply is a like cake walk for me.
For hotels, i would suggest Hotel Gangothri (Near hill bunk), Hotel Nahar (Charring cross - It's costly now i think), Hotel Tamilnadu TTDC (Govt one and it's decent), Blue Hills International (Heart of the real city - a centre place to every location).
The climate will be pretty good. This is the end of season in Ooty (Flower show completed a month ago).
For kids, do carry thick dresses that cover them up. Avoid trousers, half sleeve etc.,
Do have a monkey cap and sweater/ jerkins. It should help you if the weather is not good.
Thermal wear may not be required at this time of year.
If you require any help in your itenary, just ask me. Can guide you thro' places that are not commonly visited (Had been there for a long 10 years).
Do not forget to dine in Shinkows (Near SBI & collectorate - opposite to women's police station) - This is the best chinese restaurant i have ever tasted food till date.
Cheers!
WOW !! Thanks for information, I will surely seek your support. As of now, we are trying Meadows Residency, Preethi Classic Towers, Hotel Darshan etc. Just by checking the internet and after reading remarks on different sites.

----Second update----

I checked Nahar site and found two places (1) Nahar Niligiris, (2) Nahar Residency, which one is nearer to the city or centre place and where you stayed ?

Thanks

Last edited:
WOW !! Thanks for information, I will surely seek your support. As of now, we are trying Meadows Residency, Preethi Classic Towers, Hotel Darshan etc. Just by checking the internet and after reading remarks on different sites.

----Second update----

I checked Nahar site and found two places (1) Nahar Niligiris, (2) Nahar Residency, which one is nearer to the city or centre place and where you stayed ?

Thanks
Your selections seems to be pretty good. Darshan is a old and renowned hotel.
Preethi classic is a good one.

I was talking about Nahar Nilgiris. Nahar Residency seems a new one and checked google maps and it is in a conjusted place.

Thread Starter #12
Okies then, we are going ahead with Darshan as of now. Will talk to them tomorrow morning and things matterised then hope for the best or else we will stick to Nahar.

I will let you know TCL and others.

Thanks for the invaluable inputs. I could have asked this question at Ghummkkar or tripadvisor but I feel more at home here...:-)

Hi Shailinder,

So, have you made your trip? How was your stay at Hotel Darshan.

In fact, I am planning to stay there. Your inputs would be valuable.

Regards...

If you guys are looking for an average hotel with economy budget, I always prefer TTDC hotels. Sometime, I really feel this hotel provides much better open space and the ambiance is better than other private similar kind of hotels. Every time, whenever we visit Ooty, the first hotel that I check is TTDC. If it is not available, then I look for other hotels. Personally, I am a bed & breakfast kind of person who is not preferring to spend too much money on accommodation where we won't be staying to enjoy but we will be mostly on tour. But, if you are planning to stay and enjoy in the hotel premises, then it make sense to opt for A Grade hotels.

Hello,

Why you are not using online booking sites. In online sites you get complete detail about hotels. I am always doing online hotels. Even I get good discount on online booking. I am using Travelocity site for online booking.

Top Bottom