Any Good Cleaning Agents for Fabric Cleaning?

Thread Starter #1
Hello guys,i searched this page's threads thoroughly but did not find any interior seat cleaning tips so decided to start one.

Myself own an Alto and did not put any seat covers in for my ride,So the standard feature on my car's seat quality was a fabric one.
After 8 months of purchasing, the car has been used regularly so the seat's Fabric has become dirty spoiling the interior looks completely

The service guy told that it would cost 600 Rs. for cleaning it,But i felt it was too high for cleaning the seats,and did not decide to take on him

Are there any ways to clear it myself? or any cleaning agents to wipe the dirt off?

Re: Any good Cleaning agents for Fabric Cleaning

600 , is normal charge , even we charge almost same for sedan . 450 for small cars like 800 and alto

Also the 600/- must be for full interior cleaning. seats , roof , dashboard, door pads , and floor.

We use meguirs components!

Hello guys,i searched this page's threads thoroughly but did not find any interior seat cleaning tips so decided to start one.

Myself own an Alto and did not put any seat covers in for my ride,So the standard feature on my car's seat quality was a fabric one.
After 8 months of purchasing, the car has been used regularly so the seat's Fabric has become dirty spoiling the interior looks completely

The service guy told that it would cost 600 Rs. for cleaning it,But i felt it was too high for cleaning the seats,and did not decide to take on him

Are there any ways to clear it myself? or any cleaning agents to wipe the dirt off?

I also have a 2006 Alto and again like yourself dont use any seat covers from day one. I prefer to leave the factory fabric seats as they are and dont like goofy rexin covers one bit.

When it comes to cleaning them, I use Maruti's very own fabric cleaner. Its a good product with a decent aroma and one can can be used at least for three cleaning jobs. A can costs somewhere around 160-175 Rupees. I'm using my second can and its just a quarter empty.

I'm uploading some pictures of the can. Its available at most dealerships and if its not you can order one at the dealers', Mention the part number you see on the spray can while making an order.

Attachments

Last edited:

well that looks great thing jalex but you can also get interior dry cleaning twice in year and try to remove stain when they are fresh..they will immediately and easily get removed!!

Thanks jalex, great info.
The showroom quotes 500 rs for cleaning seats and seat covers only.

Thread Starter #6

Jalex That helped me a lot[thumbsup] and there is no point in putting covers for them as the fabrics are enough and well made too.

Thanks for Illango and Umang for giving a hand out there.
Surfer, i think they charge for labour cost more for interior cleaning.

The price indeed is reasonable too.And i will use this product only and wont give to those service peopl

Last edited:

In addition to what Jalex has posted there are several other upholstery cleaning agents available in the market too , just visit any car accessory shop to get an idea.

Thread Starter #8

Saw an upholstery cleaner by formula 1 today at Big Bazaar today it was priced at Rs.375.
Is this product genuine?

Top Bottom