Any Daewoo Matiz Owners Here?

Thread Starter #1
Hello everyone :)

As the title says,Anybody here still having a Matiz ? Or used to be a owner of one.

Can you please share your experience and troubles faced with the car ?

Re: Any Matiz Owners here ?

As the title says,Anybody here still having a Matiz ? Or used to be a owner of one.

You are starting your favorite topic again [;)] Bharath. In your earlier thread, I had shared my views. Hopefully, you are not planning to buy a Matiz NOW, for your pet project. If you are still planning, like I said looooong back "Let Go". Instead, modify an used Chevy Spark or Beat as a soft-top convertible. Who knows, it might look real COOL.

PS: YES, even today, I am proud that I once owned Matiz.

Thread Starter #3
Re: Any Matiz Owners here ?

You are starting your favorite topic again [;)] Bharath. In your earlier thread, I had shared my views. Hopefully, you are not planning to buy a Matiz NOW, for your pet project. If you are still planning, like I said looooong back "Let Go". Instead, modify an used Chevy Spark or Beat as a soft-top convertible. Who knows, it might look real COOL.

PS: YES, even today, I am proud that I once owned Matiz.
Mostly will be getting the car but won't do a restoration.Realized that it will burn a huge hole in my pocket and will keep doing it.But I will want to keep the car look beautiful outside.If I get it,probably a full service,fluid changes,Anti-rust coating,Interior cleanup and sprucing up [:D] That's what I plan to do :),Wheel alignment and balancing,Nitrogen Tyres.etc.No any other mods

After sometime (A Year later or so) an ECU Remap is also planned [evil]

Surely will be a head turner :)

I used to be a matiz owner till 2006. An alto replaced Matiz. If there was production, I would have bought it again. Parts was not an issue.The car had run more than 1 lakh kilometers and never let me down.

Thread Starter #5
I used to be a matiz owner till 2006. An alto replaced Matiz. If there was production, I would have bought it again. Parts was not an issue.The car had run more than 1 lakh kilometers and never let me down.
Great to know sir.I know a guy who can source me new and used parts of Matiz for 2-3 more years to come.So that's great.I'm probably gonna go to 3M and do their exterior and interior restoration + Anti-rust coating and paint protection sealant.

A great cute little first car that can turn heads :)

Thread Starter #7
We still have an absolute mint Daewoo Matiz at our Patna residence. Only done 20k kms . 2002 SE variant. Love that little car.
What ?! [surprise] Only 20K Kms ? 2002 SE...One of the last batches of this cute little car.There is actually a friend of mine,Doing an Engine rebuild on his 2000 Matiz which has clocked 1.10L KMs and recently had an Engine Oil leak.I shall post a picture shortly.Have to get it from phone and post :) They have just taken the engine out.They're surprised by the condition of the Body,It seems to have absolutely no rust outside and in the engine bay.Only a lot of dust and dirt in the Engine Bay

Picture coming soon :)

We still have an absolute mint Daewoo Matiz at our Patna residence. Only done 20k kms . 2002 SE variant. Love that little car.
BTW,Can you post Picture of your Matiz ? Thanks :)

Here's a picture of a Matiz getting an Engine Rebuild and Cosmetic Restoration :)
FullSizeRender.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Hello @bharathbigb, I owned Mineral Red Daewoo Matiz SD 2000 Model, sold after 12 years of awesome experience and pleasurable memories of the vehicle. Model was coded as M100 prototype by the company.

Regarding experience in short, it was a great vehicle to drive specially when you upgrade from Maruti800, soft drive, pretty low on maintenance. Till Daewoo ASS were available vehicle was regularly services at Daewoo ASS only with passage of time as nearby service centres closed one by one, I use to get car serviced as per previous available service records and owner manual only viz changing air filter, oil filter, engine oil at 6000 kms (though company recommended 10000kms). Air Filters and oil filters were timely procured 10 units of each from vendor in Yamuna Nagar so that I should not have issues for next one lakh kms atleast [:D][;)]. Car came with stock 145/70/R13 Bridgestones upgraded them with Michelin 165/65/R13 on stock rims. Apart from these other things required were timing belt change, serpentine belt (Bosch India). During ownership car met with one major damage once, when it hit against divider and got its underbody damaged (engine casing got cracked) in 2010. Almost all spares or its replacements were easily available. Mostly parts which were not available in original were swapped from those with Maruti Suzuki Zen or 800.

Few other issues faced with vehicle were signs of aging mainly
1. Head lights lost its shene and replacements were not easily available so light become dull got restoration by plastic treatment which lasted till vehicle was with me.
2. Front suspension bush frequent worn out, by over period of time I learned to live with it.
3. Steering wheel Bush worn out and was replaced with one from Maruti Zen but that made my steering way too heavy.

All in all it was a trouble free and low on maintenance car. Till its last days with me vehicle was virtually trouble free except few nigs and niggles. Will try to find out some digital pics of same if I have and post it here soon

Last edited:
Here's a picture of a Matiz getting an Engine Rebuild and Cosmetic Restoration :)
View attachment 210912
Good to see Matiz in good condition. Fog lamps shown in picture are installed after cutting whole slot. You can get same design fog lamps in market easily or get one that are installed from outside but goes completely inside this slot that will look better. I did same to mine too.

Thread Starter #11
Thank you for the Valuable words and the cute picture up top :) The Matiz getting a rebuild isn't mine.It's owned by a friend of mine.He loves his car and isn't willing to sell it away.So the points to note are the Filters,Fluids,Front Suspension Bush,Quickly fading Headlamps.Noted.Thanks :) I'm turning 18 Years Old within 4 Months so I have an idea of getting a used Matiz,Use it till I will be able to buy a new car,Probably 10 Years from now...So while getting,Get it cosmetically and mechanically reconditioned and stuff.

Actually,Most parts (which wear out and require replacement often) are available in my place.Matiz isn't hard to maintain if you know the Mech working with it and the parts availability.That's what my Mech says :)

Checkout my rebuilt( engine only ) matiz SD 2000.
IMG-20161019-WA0019(1).jpeg

Good to see Matiz in good condition. Fog lamps shown in picture are installed after cutting whole slot. You can get same design fog lamps in market easily or get one that are installed from outside but goes completely inside this slot that will look better. I did same to mine too.
Good Suggestion. will try for sure

Top Bottom