Another Tata, Yes This Time Automatic: The Tigor XZA

I hope he has removed the ribbons on bonnet and the plastics on seats by now. If not, make sure he does the same without fail.

@Anshuman Please let us know the mileage after driving for 1000 odd KMs. It is one of the important factors in automatics sales. Although AMT claims equal to manual mileage, it isn't the case in real life.

@Anshuman Please let us know the mileage after driving for 1000 odd KMs. It is one of the important factors in automatics sales. Although AMT claims equal to manual mileage, it isn't the case in real life.
AMT's are equally fuel efficient as MT, I've a 2016 Nano AMT and I get consistent high milage, (you can check on my Nimble mountain goat thread) the trick is to drive sedately, and keep as clean as possible the air filter.

Many congrats on your purchase Anshuman! Waiting eagerly for your next post... :)

Please updates us on the overall performance of the AMT version. I would like to know how does it perform on inclines/Ghats?

Regards,
Bhushan

Thread Starter #21
Thank You All for the wishes. Sorry Folks for late reply. Multiple things going on.

@ Tenida , thanks for hacking the thread and leaking pictures [clap]

Anyway lets continue where I left.

With the month of May coming in and already decided on Tigor AMT I was waiting for good deal for buying same. The AMT comes in two versions only XTA and XZA and it was easy to make choice for XZA as the other one does not have dual airbags.

For privacy reason I would not mention names of dealers. Lets say I approached dealer A. I walked to the showroom (pretty small one) and was ushered in by receptionist. An Sales person was assigned and I enquired about Tigor AMT. He explained me features and specification (seemed he had mugged up). I asked about discounts and offers. He gave some basic offers and said he would check with his senior and let me know. After that I asked for TD. He said the Tigor AMT test drive car was not available and instead offered me Tiago AMT drive. I took a quick spin and left of the day.

I was not satisfied with offers from dealer A and was looking for something more. The onroad price for Tigor XZA in Bangalore is around 799000. I called up Tata Motors helpline to check the offers again. Then they directed me to dealer B. Immediately I got a call from dealer B. It was on a Saturday morning. I expained my requirement and asked for a TD and price details. They had TD car ready and on request they agreed to come to my home for giving TD. Within couple of hours the TD car with Sales Person arrived and I did a detailed TD and also checked in my apartment parking lot. I was impressed by the way the car behaved apecially in the sports mode and also manual mode.
Then we discussed pricing. These guys offered little more than Dealer A and free basic accessories. I was still undecided.

Next day was Sunday. I got a text message for May 2018 special offer from Tata Motors. I called up dealer B sales person immediately and he said he would check and call back. In 10 minutes he called back and confirmed the offer, but the catch was I have to book by next 24 hours and delivery should be in May only. I agreed. Next day morning I reached dealership booked the car with Rs 11000. There was already a March 2018 car in their stock in Berry Red colour but I denied that , and opted for Expresso Brown (family's choice). So they told it would take 2 weeks to procure from factory. I was ok with that. Incidentally, later I found that car was manufactured on the same date on which I booked it.

Parallely I applied for car loan to SBI via the dealer. It was really a breeze and submitted documents to them and it was approved in next two days. So the wait begun.
Exactly 10 days later I got a call that the car has arrived at the stockyard. That was quick I thought. So I wanted to do PDI , but they were little hesitant saying the yard is 40 km away. I was hell bent that I will do PDI before registration and said I would go by my own car. So I reached there next day morning along with the sales guy and did proper check as per TAI PDI list. Some pictures during PDI as below.

Once I was satisfied, I gave go ahead to bank to release loan payment and also did the balance payment from my side. The registration I instructed them to do on a specific day so my choice number would turn up. You can check that in KA RTO website .

Next was accessories and delivery. I had decided to install body side beading/ rub rails and bumper corner protectors from Tata only as they look good and have OEM logo as well. Rest things I felt overpriced and did not opt for. Basic free accessories included Floor Mats, Mud guards, Idol and Perfume. Later found that the Floor Mats were good quality noodle mats OEM.

Attachments

Last edited:
Thread Starter #22
I hope he has removed the ribbons on bonnet and the plastics on seats by now. If not, make sure he does the same without fail.
Ribbons yes, covers no. Search for ideal seat covers budget + looks is still on.

Around 12 kmpl but still not done 500 kms

Great, did you buy the amc plan which they offer, guys at showroom are clueless what they offer.
Gold AMC price Tigor XZ/XZA/XZO (petrol)
1 Year - 15K KMs - 4377
2 Year - 30K KMs - 9040
3 Year - 45K KMs - 17630

I feel the Gold AMC is worth as it covers lot parts which are not covered in extended warranty. Check with your dealer for details.

Next Post would be about First driving impression.

Heartiest congratulations on your ownership of Tigor auto box, no wonders with the way traffic is shaping up in our country auto gears have started as basic requirements.
What a lovely shade this one is.Wishing you many happy miles with it and do share your impressions.Make sure you keep the running band on run in period and once in a while do keep crossing the red mark as well,opens up but only once a while on the go.
|Happy miles munching.

Thread Starter #25
Thanks Varun and Vijay

Driving Impressions (First 500 Kms)

- Does NOT drive like an automatic CVT/TC gearbox car. Do not expect that from AMTs.
- Gearshifts in City Mode are inconsistent and sometimes car is lazy. Very difficult to overtake at city mode.
- In Sports mode gear shifts are quicker
- Easily manuverable compared to a full size sedan
- Easy to park with park assist integrated with Harman Kardon System
- In city I feel more comfortable to drive in manual mode i.e. drives like a manual petrol car but no Clutch. In manual mode it is easy to drive uphill in traffic.
- No problem to switch between a manual car and AMT in a day. I drive both in same day at different times
- Mileage is around 12 kmpl now, hope it improves after 1st service or check up.

Accessories Planned : Though the XZA comes almost fully loaded I thought to install few accessories -

1. Reverse Parking Camera with night vision
2. Door Visors
3. Seat Covers

The last one I searched a lot but did not get anything still in my budget to my liking. I am not planning for Art Leather covers need Fabric ones.

Hi Anshuman,

I've also booked Tigor XZA. Expected delivery date is sometime in July 1st week. I asked about the AMC but my SA told that it'll be useful after 3 servicings are done. Is this correct?

Also would like to know if it'll be useful to get extended warranty immediately at the time of delivery or fine to take it after some time?

Regards,
Bhushan

Thread Starter #27
Extended Warranty you can take within 90 days from Invoice date at same price. You can buy even later but price would be more.
The AMC you can buy within 1 year at same rate. I checked and confirmed both with Tata Motors Service.
Sometimes Sales people try to push to buy both during initial purchase to boost revenue.

Extended Warranty you can take within 90 days from Invoice date at same price. You can buy even later but price would be more.
The AMC you can buy within 1 year at same rate. I checked and confirmed both with Tata Motors Service.
Sometimes Sales people try to push to buy both during initial purchase to boost revenue.
Cool! Many thanks for the quick reply. So is it advisable to get the AMC right now at the time of delivery or after 3 servicings/ 1 year period?

Regards,
Bhushan

Thread Starter #29
Congrats on your car, sorry I did not mention earlier.
You can buy anytime within one year. So better to buy during third service but make sure before end of 365 days from Invoice date(not delivery date).

Last edited:
Congrats on your car, sorry I did not mention earlier.
Thanks a lot! [:)] I've booked XZA Titanium grey from Bafna Motors, Pune. Getting free comprehensive insurance under the offer from Tata this month + 3k corporate discount + 5k off on accessories. Opted for zero dep at 4k.

You can buy anytime within one year. So better to buy during third service but make sure before end of 365 days from Invoice date(not delivery date).
Sure, thanks again for the advice. [thumbsup] Will be opting only for the extended warranty now.

Top Bottom