Another Limited Edition from Maruti: Swift One Million Edition

Thread Starter #1

Arun

Suspended
Maruti launches a new limited edition version of the swift.The "Swift One Million Edition" shall be available in a specially created "Goldsmith Black" color and shall be loaded with smart and attractive features like splendid graphics, special integrated stereo with USB and speakers, luxurious leather seats, cushions, foot-mats and an artistic decal on the exteriors. It'll be available only in petrol Vxi trim and it is priced at 4.83lkhs ex showroom Delhi.

Source: NDTV

No pics as of yet. Will dig some and get back soon!!

Just another special edition from Maruti again! Hope its good looking in that special color and with those decals!

Thread Starter #3

Arun

Suspended
I think it is merely to clear stocks of the current Swift. The new Swift is lurking around the corner. I'm suspecting a Diwali launch for the new Swift!

This is the third limited edition model from Maruti in span of less than a month. First SX4, then Ritz and now Swift!
As per my sources Swift will be launched somewhere in November.

I guess they have more stocks of Swift VXi!:lol!: And besides 3 out of 5 Swift's i see are diesels only , so must be selling well!

From what I've gathered, only 1000 units will be produced. So Maximas, we could probably expect a shorter wait.

350Z

Core Team
Below is the official Press Release by Maruti Suzuki India Limited:

Maruti Suzuki India Limited, the country's largest car manufacturer, today announced the launch of a limited edition of Swift, the iconic premium small car brand. The "Swift One Million Edition" shall be available in a specially created "Goldsmith Black" color and shall be loaded with smart and attractive features like splendid graphics, special integrated stereo with USB and speakers, luxurious leather seats, cushions, foot-mats and an artistic decal on the exteriors. The limited edition celebrates Maruti Suzuki's landmark of selling one million cars a year, achieved in late March. The one millionth car was a Swift, and it rolled out of the Company's state-of-the-art plant at Manesar. The limited edition car is branded: "Swift One Million Edition".

Speaking on the occasion Mayank Pareek, Managing Executive Officer (Marketing and Sales) said, "It is indeed a moment of pride for us. Swift One Million Edition is our gesture to show gratitude to our customers who have strongly supported us in our journey to reach milestone of one million sales in one year." Highlighting the product Mr Pareek added, "The interiors of the Swift One Million Edition have aesthetics of a commemorative edition. The new features and the characteristic body graphics together compliment the sporty character of the Swift. We are confident that this special edition will bring pride to the select owners who get to possess it". The Swift One Million Edition is available in Vi version (Petrol) at a price of Rs. 483,079 (ex-showroom, Delhi). Only 1,000 units of this celebration model are being offered.

Swift pioneered the premium A2 car segment in the country. It was Suzuki's first world strategic model and heralded a new design philosophy which is aggressive, bold and sporty. Swift was also a landmark in demonstrating the R&D capability of Indian engineers: a group of 25 Indian engineers worked on design and development of this global model along with their counterparts at Suzuki. Since its launch in 2005, Swift has commanded unprecedented leadership with over 4.90 lakh happy customers. Swift has the distinction for achieving the fastest 2 Lakh sales in 35 months and fastest 3 Lakhs sales in 46 months.

The Swift has won many accolades at national and international platforms. The super-car won the Car-of-the-Year in as many as 11 countries, including India, for its path-breaking looks and styling, superior safety features and its ability to balance a dynamic driving experience with a comfortable ride. In addition to over 40 national and international awards to credit, Swift created a Guinness World record for the largest gathering of Swift cars in May'10.

Drive Safe,
350Z

350Z

Core Team
This move is not typically to clear the remaining stocks, There is still enough of time before new generation Swift rolls in. It is more of a celebration edition, unlike that of recently introduced Ritz Genus. Though, I like the features which are being offered. Take a look yourself -:

Swift-one-million-edition-exteriors.jpg

Million-Swift-Interiors.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

The graphics look bad to me. Everything else is acceptable though. And very true Archit, chrome alloys will enhance the looks.

This is the third limited edition model from Maruti in span of less than a month. First SX4, then Ritz and now Swift!
As per my sources Swift will be launched somewhere in November.
Good news, but why not in Diesel??
I guess they have more stocks of Swift VXi!:lol!: And besides 3 out of 5 Swift's i see are diesels only , so must be selling well!
From what I've gathered, only 1000 units will be produced. So Maximas, we could probably expect a shorter wait.

I see this purely move to clear the stocks. Swift D will not be available as it is a hot cake! We can expect the new Swift really soon as Akash has mentioned. I don't think that there will be special waiting period for this. See that have selected VX for this edition. Come on, a special edition should be feature rich! They should have offered ZX

Top Bottom