Another Like-Minded Person Joins TAI. A Big Hello To All.

Thread Starter #1
Hi, my full name is Samba Sengupta. The pronunciation is 'Sambo' but the spelling is Samba. The username Samba was unavailable hence i made it Samba07. 07 is no way related to James Bond's 007, my birth date is 7th!

Am an automobile enthusiast from my child hood. My dad is solely responsible for this addiction of mine! After seeing the light of this world i came home in a 1960 Fiat Millicento. The cars with which i grew up followed by the Millicento were a Premier Padmini, Fiat Uno, Maruti Alto, Toyota Etios(petrol) and an Alto k10. Currently we own an Etios (petrol) and an Alto K10. I learned driving in the Padmini.

Am equally interested in bikes too. The first two wheeler we had was a Bajaj Sunny followed by Kinetic Marvel, Honda Unicorn. Hero Honda super Splendor and now i own a Hero Honda Karizma R.

Going for road trips and photography are my primary hobby. In college life most of the road trips i have done were in my Honda Unicorn but now i mostly stick to cars. As prolonged bike rides results in shoulder pain. So doctor's advice is to ride less.

From childhood i wanted to be a truck driver or a train driver but i failed getting the job. So to compensate the failure i try to spend time on the highways when ever i get some free time! I was in Bangalore for 8 years. From there i completed my higher studies and persuade a job for few years. Later i left Bangalore and came back to my native Kolkata to look after our family business. Currently am into the business and have another business of my own and by god's grace my business is supporting my current lively hood and fuel expenses !

Signing off with a picture of me and one of my my ride at Zero point North Sikkim. [:)]
10592978_750150885056807_8599267478580149248_n.jpg

Photography enthusiasts can have a look at my photography website. Samba Sengupta Photography - Home

Re: Another like minded person joins the forum. A big hello to all.

Hello Mr. Samba welcome to this wonderful forum. Hope to meet and discuss many things with you knowing that you're from Kolkata.[;)]

Welcome to the gang brother! Hope to see some good information being shared by you for all of us!!

Welcome on board Samba, your introduction is a fantastic read I must say.

We have got two things in common:
  • We both wanted to be truck drivers in childhood, I still want to be a loco pilot though and always switch off the A/C and open my window at the crossings just to listen to the sound of the Loco, especially if it is the Alco made(those orange color beasts - old ones).
  • We both drive a Toyota as aour regular drive - they are fantastic to own BTW. Driving an Etios petrol is a much fun filled drama, it is simply a hoot to drive and so is the K10. Hell!! Thrills can't come cheaper in both the cases [clap] No budget hatchback is more thrilling to drive than Alto and same is with Etios in its segment, both can outperform some of the vehicles even a segment above; when needed.

@ Samba

Welcome to TAI

Have a pleasant stay and keep us updated with your travelogues.

That Sikkim photo looks marvelous.

Cheers

Thread Starter #8

Hello Mr. Samba welcome to this wonderful forum. Hope to meet and discuss many things with you knowing that you're from Kolkata.[;)]
Thanks.

Welcome to the gang brother! Hope to see some good information being shared by you for all of us!!
Thanks. Sure i will try my best.

Hi Samba

Humza here :)
Nice to see you here, Humza!

Welcome on board Samba, your introduction is a fantastic read I must say.

We have got two things in common:
  • We both wanted to be truck drivers in childhood, I still want to be a loco pilot though and always switch off the A/C and open my window at the crossings just to listen to the sound of the Loco, especially if it is the Alco made(those orange color beasts - old ones).
  • We both drive a Toyota as aour regular drive - they are fantastic to own BTW. Driving an Etios petrol is a much fun filled drama, it is simply a hoot to drive and so is the K10. Hell!! Thrills can't come cheaper in both the cases [clap] No budget hatchback is more thrilling to drive than Alto and same is with Etios in its segment, both can outperform some of the vehicles even a segment above; when needed.
Thanks a lot.
Yes i do agree Alto k10 and Etios petrol are the most fun to drive cars in there respective segments. But not to forget the Ford classic 1.6! Its one hoot to drive car too in the Etios segment!

@ Samba

Welcome to TAI

Have a pleasant stay and keep us updated with your travelogues.

That Sikkim photo looks marvelous.

Cheers
Thanks a lot. Yes i will definitely try my best to share my travel experiences.

Welcome samba to TAI family. hope we will get lot of info and beautiful snaps from you.
Thanks and sure i will share pics taken by me! Hope the viewers like them !

Hi, my full name is Samba Sengupta. The pronunciation is 'Sambo' but the spelling is Samba. The username Samba was unavailable hence i made it Samba07. 07 is no way related to James Bond's 007, my birth date is 7th!

Am an automobile enthusiast from my child hood. My dad is solely responsible for this addiction of mine! After seeing the light of this world i came home in a 1960 Fiat Millicento. The cars with which i grew up followed by the Millicento were a Premier Padmini, Fiat Uno, Maruti Alto, Toyota Etios(petrol) and an Alto k10. Currently we own an Etios (petrol) and an Alto K10. I learned driving in the Padmini.

Am equally interested in bikes too. The first two wheeler we had was a Bajaj Sunny followed by Kinetic Marvel, Honda Unicorn. Hero Honda super Splendor and now i own a Hero Honda Karizma R.

Going for road trips and photography are my primary hobby. In college life most of the road trips i have done were in my Honda Unicorn but now i mostly stick to cars. As prolonged bike rides results in shoulder pain. So doctor's advice is to ride less.

From childhood i wanted to be a truck driver or a train driver but i failed getting the job. So to compensate the failure i try to spend time on the highways when ever i get some free time! I was in Bangalore for 8 years. From there i completed my higher studies and persuade a job for few years. Later i left Bangalore and came back to my native Kolkata to look after our family business. Currently am into the business and have another business of my own and by god's grace my business is supporting my current lively hood and fuel expenses !

Signing off with a picture of me and one of my my ride at Zero point North Sikkim. [:)]
View attachment 165659

Photography enthusiasts can have a look at my photography website. Samba Sengupta Photography - Home
Samba [:)]
Pleasantly surprised to see you here. The handle name seemed similar so decided to probe into the introduction. And then saw the pic of you and your Etios in your last Dzongu drive.

Good to see known people here.
Anyways welcome to TAI.
Hope to see an upload HERE of your Ladakh drive. [;)]

Thread Starter #10
Samba [:)]
Pleasantly surprised to see you here. The handle name seemed similar so decided to probe into the introduction. And then saw the pic of you and your Etios in your last Dzongu drive.

Good to see known people here.
Anyways welcome to TAI.
Hope to see an upload HERE of your Ladakh drive. [;)]
Thanks Chandranath da. Great to see you here too! Hope to catch you up in Kolkata TAI meets!

Sure, after the Ladakh trip i will definitely upload few pics.

Thread Starter #13
Hi Samba.
Nice to have you here (too). :P
Great intro. looking forward to seeing some of your excellent travel/auto photographs.
Thanks a lot brother.

Welcome Mr. Samba07!
Nice intro!
And oops, that website in your post if Parked for FREE. It is expired.
Thanks a lot.
Am sorry for the inconvenience. It was due to the negligence of the maintenance team of my website. Its subscription got over on 8th April. I called them and told them to do the needful ASAP. It will be up very soon. Please check after a couple of days, it will be up again. Mostly it should be done today itself.

Last edited:
@Samba:
Fiesta 1.6 is definitely a hoot to drive but comparing to the money one pays for Etios; thrills still can't come cheaper!! :stupid:

How many miles your Etios has clocked? I saw an example(taxi) with around 3.1 lac kms on odo and the engine was still intact.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #15
And oops, that website in your post if Parked for FREE. It is expired.
The website is up. [:)]

@Samba:
Fiesta 1.6 is definitely a hoot to drive but comparing to the money one pays for Etios; thrills still can't come cheaper!! :stupid:

How many miles your Etios has clocked? I saw an example(taxi) with around 3.1 lac kms on odo and the engine was still intact.
When i bought in 2011, i checked the Ford classic 1.6 before finalizing the Etios. The ford was costing me around 12k more than the Etios. Later on looking at the over all vfm factor i zeroed on the Etios. My car is currently at 42,300 kms. Its going as good as new. No rattles or no problems yet. The only parts failure i had till date is a leaked shock absorber. Other than that the car is doing absolutely great. Am more than happy with the car.

Last edited:

Top Bottom