Another Gearless Scooter, this time for DAD.

Thread Starter #1
friends, after getting Wego for wife, now its turn to get another scooter, gearless one for my dad.He currently uses Honda Eterno geared scooter, which is awesome one and doing its job perfectly since last 5+ years, but taking his health and advice from doctors not to use geared ones for him, i am again in market for another scooter, for him.
Again shortlisted ones are Honda Activa, Honda Avaitor and Suzuki Access.
Out of these three ones i am more towards Avaitor, as it has better ride quality, better rear suspentions, and better seats, hight comfort compared to others, but its looks are something i dont like much, if compared to activa which looks fresh and peppy.Engine is same on both of the vehicle, but havent driven new refreshed Activa.Whats your advice on this and also if someone owns or has driven Access do share its review.
Thanks.

if its for your father. i will say let him drive both Acess and Aviator and buy whichever he feels comfortable. am not telling activa because its very very common and also long wait list it turn off..

Thread Starter #3
well umang, delivery wont be an issue for honda vehicles, but then suzuki dealers dont even offer Test drives for access as they keep saying out of stock, which is why am looking for some review or ownership if someone,in family,friend owns one.
Either then looks and full fibre body nothings wrong with Avaitor.

Dio? Sriharsha has mentioned here before that the seats are very uncomfortable in Dio. So his dad will find it difficult.

Again why not Mahindra? Akash has said that Access is also really good.

I have heard good reviews about Access Vijay.

But would recommend to stick with Aviator if you can get the delivery faster.

This is the best bike your money can get.

Thread Starter #7
mahindra's space and seats are not so comfortable specially the space between seat and steering, also its placement is little upside down way which is not comfortable, engine is quite noisy compared to wego so surely wont match honda or suzuki.
Hows Access, has anyone driven it along with Activa or Avaitor, please do share as i am not getting the test drive of Access here so cant make decision without that.

Go for a Suzuki Access or a Honda Aviator. If you have no issue of waitlist then go for an Aviator. It will ensure peace of mind since Honda engine dont show their age even after 5 years.
And since it is for your father, stay away from Mahindra Duro, Honda Dio etc. since the seating posture on the mentioned scooters gets tiring when riding is a bit more.

well umang, delivery wont be an issue for honda vehicles, but then suzuki dealers dont even offer Test drives for access as they keep saying out of stock, ....
No test drives. Stocks dont matter. Almost every dealership is given a seperate TD vehicle.

Last edited:
I think Access would be the rite choice, though I have not driven one, but from others I have heard that the pick up and the handling is much better than the Activa. While I was waiting looooong for the Activa, almost all others suggested us Access, but dad was hesitating on buying a SUZUKI twowheeler.
Better take a TD and make the decission![surprise]

Honda Activa seems to be a better decision but the only problem is its uncomfortable ride. Why dont you give a try to mahindra duro. its mileage n ride is very impressive. smooth ride and better ground clearance will zap u through the road.

I have Access and My uncle have aviator. Aviator comes with Activa engine but diffeerent body. Aviator is less in height So if your father is short hieghted best suited for him. Access is more of power. Apply acceleretor and off she goes. Aviator I think is heavy and better road grip, But then I havent driven avitator since last 1 year. Access is serving me well from last 1 and half year and almost done 3000 KM +. FE wise I think so Aviator/Activa are better. But saying that Access is bad choice either. It now bols down to what ride your father is comfortable with. All the best. [:D].

I have a Aviator. It is majorly used by my father. It is a very comfortable scooter and delivers without any fuss. Since your father already had Eterno, I am sure he will simply love the space, better ride quality, better rear suspension Aviator provides. I chose Aviator over other scooters, purely because of leg space. I agree with you that Aviator looks a bit quirky, especially the headlight, also I would have liked a 125cc engine. My father had no issues with the looks so I went ahead and bought the Aviator. Maestro looks big, seems a good option too, although I have not checked the space it offers.

Try out piaggio and mahindra, both companies are doing great in scooters segment. No offence to piaggio but i am bit loyal to mahindra cause of my family. they have a thing for mahindra since my father bought duro.

Top Bottom