Annual Service Contract for Honda City

Thread Starter #1
Hi Guys

Need suggestion with respect to Annual Service Contract for Honda City (clocked 9000 km).

Does it makes sense to shell out Rs. 15500/yr or Rs. 31000 for 2 years for 8 Services at an interval of 3 month?

The contract includes 6 Periodic Maintenance Services and 2 Major Services, which covers changing of all oils, parts and labour operations mentioned in the contract. It also includes other benefits such as wax polishing, upholstery cleaning and four times P.U.C check up.

As per company illustration one gets benefits of Rs. 16500 under the ASC

SERVICES COVERED Cost

1ST SER NORMAL 3500
2ND SER SEMI MAJOR 9000
3RD SER NORMAL 3500
4TH SER NORMAL + EXTRA PARTS 3500
5TH SER NORMAL 3500
6TH SER MAJOR 13500
7TH SER NORMAL 3500
8TH SER NORMAL + EXTRA PARTS 3500

EXTRA BENEFITS

WAX POLISH 1 IN CONTRACT 850
INTERIOR CLEANING 1 IN CONTRACT 1650
BRAKE DOWN SER 2 IN CONTRACT 900
PUC CERTIFICATES 4 IN CONTRACT 400
--------------
TOTAL 47300

COST 47300
ASC 31000
BENEFIT 16300

Awaiting Suggestions/Advice Guys

Thanks in Advance !!!

This seems like a good option for the cars that clock about > 1000-1500 KMs per month. Is you usage like that? If so, go for it.
If you use your car for about 500-1000 KMs per month, IMO -> You can avail the regular service and maintainance schedule.

There is no hard and fast rule that the cars should be serviced exactly on time even if your usage is very less. So, a good serice once in 9-12 months would be fine apart from oil top ups. Eitherways, Honda service and maintainance is not that costly.

In regards to detailing and waxing, you can get it done outside at a lower price.

Thread Starter #4
yeah go for it man for peace of mind. how did you gotta know about it? honda giving maintenance contract for new car only??
@dodge_v1per: Yes for peace of mind I guess this is good and cost effective. Well got to know abt the Annual Service Contract through a friend who had taken the same. Seems like a good idea. Let's see need to check my usage before taking the plunge.

This seems like a good option for the cars that clock about > 1000-1500 KMs per month. Is you usage like that? If so, go for it.
If you use your car for about 500-1000 KMs per month, IMO -> You can avail the regular service and maintainance schedule.

There is no hard and fast rule that the cars should be serviced exactly on time even if your usage is very less. So, a good serice once in 9-12 months would be fine apart from oil top ups. Eitherways, Honda service and maintainance is not that costly.

In regards to detailing and waxing, you can get it done outside at a lower price.
@truecitylover: Well my Total Monthly Running is less than 750 km. So that is why I am confused. DO you really have to go for a service every 3 month or one should stick to 5000 km Rule...Will evaluate both the pros and cons before deciding and taking the plunge. Thanks for the suggestion Dude. Appreciated [:)]

Last edited by a moderator:
Well for your running i feel its not worth it. These types of AMC'S are good for the German luxury cars whose reliability is not great and spares are expensive.

You are having a Honda dude , what else peace of mind do you want![:)]

@truecitylover: Well my Total Monthly Running is less than 750 km. So that is why I am confused. DO you really have to go for a service every 3 month or one should stick to 5000 km Rule...Will evaluate both the pros and cons before deciding and taking the plunge. Thanks for the suggestion Dude. Appreciated [:)]
750 KMs is pretty less for availing these kind of AMC's. I stick to 5000 KMs rule. I do not find any significance in a 3 months service for about 2000 KMs clocked. You can get oils topped up and have the interiors and exterior cleaned. Also, few bolts may be made tight!
Which is not worth the amount shelled on.

So, my advice being a fellow owner of ANHC - Do not go for it.
Maintain your ride with regular water wash and interior cleaning and checking of all necessary parts like engine oil, breake oil, wiper water, tires Etc.

Thread Starter #7
Well for your running i feel its not worth it. These types of AMC'S are good for the German luxury cars whose reliability is not great and spares are expensive.

You are having a Honda dude , what else peace of mind do you want![:)]
@cooldhaya: Was also thinking the same...With Honda City's reliability I don't think Annual Service Contract is really that important, Thanks [:)]

750 KMs is pretty less for availing these kind of AMC's. I stick to 5000 KMs rule. I do not find any significance in a 3 months service for about 2000 KMs clocked. You can get oils topped up and have the interiors and exterior cleaned. Also, few bolts may be made tight!
Which is not worth the amount shelled on.

So, my advice being a fellow owner of ANHC - Do not go for it.
Maintain your ride with regular water wash and interior cleaning and checking of all necessary parts like engine oil, breake oil, wiper water, tires Etc.
@truecitylover: Well if one can stick to the 5k Rule than I think there is no sense in taking the Annual Service Contract...I guess won't be having more than 3 services in a year in that case. Maybe once your usage increases than may be one can think abt the same.

Top Bottom