Anniversary Special: Chennai Mega-Meet (Report Pg.9 Onwards)

Thread Starter #166
Nice narration Dhaya!!

That was when we captured lot of pics over the bridge.

It was indeed the best place in chennai atleast for pics :)

Remaining left over to Dhaya

O_O fortuner getting stuck . i think that driver was new to SUV .

still nice narration

i am same as pranay even my friends has stopped eating non-veg because i don't eat and they end up having veg. food like me as i give them warning you have to go your self home i won't give you guys lift in my safari :biggrin: later as time passes they have become veg.

@Cooldhaya,i will post my detailed report once you finish your report.
I will upload a few unforgettable cars at the Track/Meet.
1)Fortuner,which got stuck in mud/dirt.
2)Zinam's i10 and Soorya,Zinam's colleague.
3)Surendar(myself in White shirt) and Debayan(racerdabba in orange t-shirt).
4)Niranjan(monkey 1) with his SX4,a perfect "DON" still.
5)Pranay with his Indigo and Cooldhaya with his Verna.
More pictures to follow soon...

Attachments

Sorry for the delay in the narration part , semester exams are nearing![cry]

Well and we all started from the racetrack! Pranay , Zinam and myself know the route , Niranjan and Surendar said they will follow us. I drove a bit slowly , infact i have started driving very slow now! Suddenly a good spot for taking the pictures struck my mind which was just on the way to Anna Nagar! I immediately called Zinam and he said he will wait near the bridge where we have to make a turn to proceed towards Anna Nagar and wait there holding all other members. As i was driving a bit slow i was the last to reach the point , Pranay , Surendar and Zinam were waiting for me , Niranjan overshot the place and again made an U-Turn and joined with us in few minutes. This time i have to lead all of them for the photoshoot place.

We reached that place in few minutes but i was surprised to see vehicles coming from the opposite direction in that bridge , it used to be an under-construction bridge! But everybody said they liked the place and so parked our cars and started taking pictures. After the photo-shoot we saw many VW'S and Merc cars parked together from the top of the bridge , and Zinam said it was the joint stockyard for all Merc and VW cars! I have been through that road many times , but i never knew a stockyard for all those beauties was there!! We tried to click it but i think nobody got a clear image. Then it was almost 3:00PM and everybody was feeling hungry! So we decided to make a dash towards Domino's Pizza as soon as possible as Ilango too was waiting for us. Again this time Zinam , Pranay and Myself know the route , Niranjan and Surendar followed us.

Zinam with his spirited driving lead the pack! Zinam and Surendar crossed a signal and just when we were about to cross the signal we saw a huge crowd rushing towards the road. When we came near we came to know that a PTC bus has knocked down a guy driving Scooty! The guy got hit in his head very badly and was bleeding on the road! The other passer-byes quickly removed the bike from the road , lifted the guy up and started noting down the number of the bus! Police then arrived to the spot , got an Auto for taking the injured guy to the hospital and cleared the traffic.

After then we reached Domino's in a few minutes.Meanwhile Ilango called me and asked me to come to VGP where we had the meet last time! I asked him to come to Besant Nagar beach(Eliot's beach) as were just about to start having our lunch! Saravana , Zinam and Pranay choose the Pizza's which taste good and we ordered them! It took around 30 mins i guess for the food to arrive and we then munched on our food. Surendar you can post that picture now!

Finally our stomach's were full and we payed the bill and proceeded down. There Niranjan and Pranay said they will be departing as they had some work to do. Pranay copied the pictures from Zinam before leaving and we discussing how some even some small scale businessmen get the money to own Ferrari's and RR'S courtesy Surendar! Pranay gave the visiting card of his shop before leaving to all of them and we bid goodbye to Niranjan and Pranay.

Saravana said he will go with Surendar as Surendar doesn know the route to Besant Nagar beach from there. Zinam and Satya went in his i10 , myslef and Debayan went in my car. We all took different routes to reach the place and i reached there first , ofcourse all of us were driving slow only![:D] Surendar reached the beach a few minutes after us. After reaching they roamed around in car for few minutes and found that good spot where we have taken pictures at night.

Rest to be continued soon!

Last edited:
Pictures

I guess cooldhaya's description has covered the whole meet,i will upload the photos of the meet and the drive from track to shooting spot and from there to Dominoe's.
The last photo is "Double Burst,Double Cheese Pizza"-by Debayan(racerdabba)

Attachments

ilango[speed thirst];59786 said:
Err may be busy driving [evil][evil]
Well,may be,but,do you remember at the last meet,Zinam and myself planned for on-road photos next time,that was not accomplished successfully.
Maybe the next time we meet again,we should get more snaps.

Hmmm Surendar it din strike me to capture our cars on the move!

@ Ilango The funny part is all of us had companions at all times in our cars except Surendar![lol]

Well no , not yet over , do you want me to complete soon?

Hmmm Surendar it din strike me to capture our cars on the move!

@ Ilango The funny part is all of us had companions at all times in our cars except Surendar![lol]

Well no , not yet over , do you want me to complete soon?
Haha , but he is the one who always clicks!

No , take your own time to complete - as we answer out B.Tech questions[evil]

Here is my final part of narration!

Me , Debayan , Surendar and Saravana reached the beach soon and called Ilango. We then decided to meet outside Barista. I could see a tired Ilango walking and approaching towards us along with Gokul(Holysatan). I was a bit surprised seeing Gokul because i though he will a bit older , he just looked like a college guy! Then we decided to take a look at the much awaited Lancer and that is when i got a call from Zinam saying he has also reached the beach. Parking was a bit difficult as it was Sunday evening! It took some 10 minutes to park his car and meet us again. We then marched towards the much awaited Lancer.

Everybody liked the car at first sight! It was looking great in Black and after polishing it was looking brand new! Everybody was checking out the car and i decided to take the driver's seat! It was a bit tough for me to sit inside and exit as it was low in stance![lol] Ilango the opened the boot and showed the seat covers he had purchased already and the ICE works which were pending , he showed all the amp mounts and fibreglass subwoofer enclosure. Everybody liked the spoiler too and then Zinam and Surendar started taking pictures of the car

We then decided to take some pictures soon as it was getting dark due to fading sunlight. We decided to meet at the place where myself and Surendar had parked our cars. Saravana accompanied Gokul in his Lancer , Zinam drove Ilango's Lancer , Myself Surendar and Debayan started to march towards our cars as it was just nearby. Myself and Surendar were discussing alternative cars which our families suggested and both of our families Swift as alternatives! Both of us din want Swift as even a modified Swift is too common now!

Then we took our cars and waited for Gokul to arrive in his Ikon and Zinam i10 and Ilango's Lancer. Ilango and Gokul joined us soon but Zinam took some time as his car was parked far away! Ilango overtook my car and stood in front , me and Debayan were like WOW the car is looking awesome with those rims and spoiler! Surendar and myself then pumped up the volume in our woofers and we kept waiting for Zinam.

Finally Zinam arrived and we parked in that place which you have seen in the pictures. We parked our cars took some pictures and we were chatting for sometime obviously about cars! Then Ilango said he needed to service his Lancer and get those plastic parts which were missing in his car. Zinam then quickly spoke to some official he knows in Mitsubishi and told about Ilango's car and his requirements. They asked him to drop the car the same day. We continued to speak for some more time when suddenly a foreign lady came and asked us"What are you doing parking your cars in front of my Garage"[lol]

We then started to bid good-bye to each other and took our cars. We promised to have another meet soon enough depending on Zinam's work schedule! Zinam and Satya left in his i10. Myself , Debayan and Saravana left in my car. Gokul , Surendar and Ilango left in their cars. It was great meeting all the guys again and i hope we have another meet soon enough in this year itself![cheers]

Hope you guys liked my narration!

Top Bottom