Anniversary Edition Toyota Fortuner Rolls Out

Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
On the occasion of 10,000 unit sales of Fortuner with in a year in India, Toyota has rolled out the Fortuner Anniversary Edition which is available in Pearl white color and has other accessories available such as Spoilers, and chrome plated muffler cutter. Only 250 units will be produced of this version and it will be sold at price tag of Rs.20,45,000 (Ex.Showroom Delhi).

Toyota_Fortuner_special_edition.jpg

Toyota_Fortuner_special_edition-2.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

I'm not too impressed, thought I am. Apart from these spoilers and stuff, does it come with the promise of a shorter waiting period??

Indeed. It might actually add assault to injury. These people at Ford (I say this in spite of being a Ford fan and a future owner) in the 1st place bring the Fortuner in almost 4 years after it was expected in India, then have a waiting period (ironically, I've heard Fiesta petrol EXIs, slow selling, are repeatedly sold as cheap "Ltd. Editions" in order to get them moving out of dealerships).Done adding insult to injury, these chaps are now practically assaulting the regular Fortuner's customers. Anyway, Ford and its strange ways always seem to win, and thanks to them, I might get a VFM package, the Fiesta 1.6 SXi/ZXi at a killer price!. :biggrin:

Yes. Only 250 units are produced, therefore no waitlist for this one.

Drive Safe,
350Z
So what is the deal? those who book this edition will get their wheels quicker ?
I may get a second hand Scorpio vlx with gps and all stuff from a friend at a very good price if he gets his fortuner quickly. he is in waiting list for a long time.[frustration]

Wow how much is the price hike? We are looking to sell of our Safari and replace it with maybe a Fortuner. But the waiting period is killing us. Can they deliver this atleast quickly?

Thread Starter #10

350Z

Core Team
Wow how much is the price hike? We are looking to sell of our Safari and replace it with maybe a Fortuner. But the waiting period is killing us. Can they deliver this atleast quickly?
The Ex. Showroom price is mentioned in opening post. You’ll need to check with a local dealer for exact on-road price and other details. If you are serious about it, do not wait any more, because this is a limited edition and with such huge demand of Fortuner in our country, those 250 Units of Anniversary Edition are bound to disappear from dealerships with in no time.

Drive Safe,
350Z

its a price hike of almost 2lacs more on current fortuner.Toyota has learned the perfect balance of demand and supply chain, so why not to grab this anniversary opportunity as well.All this add-ons could be done outside the showroom for mere 25-30k's.

Thread Starter #12

350Z

Core Team
I roughly calculated and total price difference sums up to approx. Rs.1,09,680. The modification done is not too pleasing, I agree and one may even get the Fortuner modified outside according to their preference at same amount, but the primary reason people will pay such a premium for this car is to mainly avoid the wait list, because bookings for Fortuner are already closed till coming year 2011. (More: Toyota Fortuner Bookings)

Drive Safe,
350Z

We are looking for a new diesel 7 seater car in the 16-20L range to replace our trusty innova by 1Q next year. the shortlisted cars till now are the captiva & fortuner. I dislike the fortuner & the less said about GM's A.S.S, the better. Also, captiva's facelift is coming too. we are not considering tata cars, so aria is out.

i hope the mahindra world SUV is launched soon because the specs seem impressive & reports by those who have seen the car are promising too.

AMG

Suspended
I dislike the fortuner- So do I [clap]

the less said about GM's A.S.S, the better - Very true

i hope the mahindra world SUV is launched soon No it isnt
My replies in bold.

Why not consider the Endy?

Even the Pajero is a decent product.

The Endy - i dont want to spend 20 lakhs & buy an outdated vehicle with rear leaf springs on a pick-up truck chassis. heck, it does not even come with climate control & 3.0 ltr engine has only auto gear shift. the rear seat comfort is the worst.

The pajero - i would have gone for the pajero if only the interiors were slightly better. right now, the pajero's interiors look very 1980s which makes the captiva looks sci-fi! The best thing about the mitsu is that even though its the best off roader among these vehicles, it has also got the best ride & handling. the worst part is A.S.S. of mitsu is pathetic, even when compared to GM.

Mahindra's World SUV seems to offer the perfect blend & so i may just wait for it.

Top Bottom