Android Discussions Related To Software, Apps, Phones & News

No i wont do any financial transactions . Will only see youtube videos and open some sites, net surfing and all and also google map. And i don't have any router. I will connect net through my mobile wifi. So still any risk ?

No i wont do any financial transactions . Will only see youtube videos and open some sites, net surfing and all and also google map. And i don't have any router. I will connect net through my mobile wifi. So still any risk ?
Android versions on TV are old and so most apps will not need explicit user permission to perform many system level changes.There is always small risk of rouge app locking your TV and demanding money to unlock (ransomware) or scrambling user settings, but it can always be reset. It isn't real risk considering there is nothing important on TV[:)] .
In conclusion,ensure that you don't side-load non-market apps and you will be safe.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Android 8.0 Oreo update now available for these phones

As per reports, the Android Oreo update is now available for Xiaomi Mi A1, OnePlus 5T as well as Asus Zenfone 4.

Read:

Can we connect android auto to the head unit via bluetooth ?
No, Bluetooth doesn't have enough bandwidth to stream maps to the head unit. You need to use USB. However, if you have Google Pixel, Pixel XL, Pixel 2, Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 5X, or Nexus 6P running Oreo and Android Auto 3.1 or above, and new 2018 JVC Kenwood wifi head unit, then you can now connect using the phone wifi.The head unit acts like a server.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Android P: Here’s everything you need to know

The Android P Beta is available for Google Pixel lineup. Further, the beta update will be available on smartphones including Sony Xperia XZ2, Xiaomi Mi Mix 2s, Nokia 7 Plus, Oppo R15 Pro, Vivo X21, OnePlus 6 and Essential PH-1.

Read:

Performance is smooth, fluidity has improved. Battery performance improved. It more looks like iOS now and the upward scrolling gives a choice to you to close the open pages easily and reach any specific page. Everything works well now

Nairrk

Honoured Member
@Nanofreak + @Gurrala74

Heard that the Phone (Nokia 6.1) comes with front gorilla glass and back aluminium body. What about the sides, i.e. is there any chrome lining or some kind of plastic??

(am thinking of replacing my 2 year old Gionee F103 pro - so been looking for some alternatives)

@Nanofreak + @Gurrala74

Heard that the Phone (Nokia 6.1) comes with front gorilla glass and back aluminium body. What about the sides, i.e. is there any chrome lining or some kind of plastic??

(am thinking of replacing my 2 year old Gionee F103 pro - so been looking for some alternatives)
What is your requirement with your new purchase, if you are looking for regular updates, apart from the pure android handsets, nokia had been into right tracks with updating the software on regular basis.Or you can look for 1+ device even a gen back model serves the purpose fantastically.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
What is your requirement with your new purchase, if you are looking for regular updates, apart from the pure android handsets, nokia had been into right tracks with updating the software on regular basis.Or you can look for 1+ device even a gen back model serves the purpose fantastically.
I prefer to have a phone with display around 5 to 5.5'' (not preferring with large screen displays). I have been checking Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge, also comparing Nokia 6.1 plus. On the memory part, I prefer minimum 4GB RAM and at least 3000 mAh battery power.

@Nanofreak + @Gurrala74

I don't know about Nokia 6.1 configuration and features, I have Nokia 6.1 Plus which has glass both front and back, and sides are metal, I've put a back cover so it's safe.

It has 4GB and 64GB memory, the size is 5.5", duel nano SIM, notch design, twin back camera and front selfie camera LED light.

@Nanofreak + @Gurrala74

I am using Nokia 7 plus which come with metal body sides also. This phone is updated to Android 9 now as it was part of Android Beta program. Even other nokia models also get the updates soon as they run on android one.
I have shifted to this phone from iphone 6s using it for 2 years. This biggest problem with iphone was its poor battery back up, so chosing 7 plus over 6.1 is for higher battery back up as i travel a lot.
Coming to Nokia its always built strong and with android one we get updates faster and assured at least for 2 years this is the main reason I have not selected any other phone in this range as they load lot of bloatware with their UI.
Have seen 6.1 Plus and its an excellent phone in that price range, I loved it

Top Bottom