Analysis: Own a Mercedes Benz for Only Rs.5 Lakhs!

350z you own a nissan 350z right , where is it and how did it reach you.
hope i am not missing any previous concerning thread from your end.

Thread Starter #34

350Z

Core Team
350z you own a nissan 350z right , where is it and how did it reach you.
hope i am not missing any previous concerning thread from your end.
Hi Jayadev, At present, I do not own a Nissan 350Z. You might have misread it somewhere. However, in case you are interested to learn more about this car, we can continue the discussions in a separate thread.

Drive Safe,
350Z

However, perhaps this page would not be sufficient enough, meanwhile let me share a little about my favourite car – Nissan 350Z
..i thought you own it:stupid: any way i wish you good luck to own one soon.
do let us know what makes it your favorite.

My dad's friend sold his E250D W210 for the nxt gen E220D. It was a 99 model done around 1lakhs kms, all four brand new tyres and he sold it for 6.5 lakhs in chennai. It was very well maintained car.

He spent around 50k repairing the A/C. My dad came to knew about it only after he sold the car if not i might have bargained it for 5lakhs and bought it.[drive]

And say a year & a half back i visited my friends apartment and was amazed by seeing 3 w124's parked in the garage. I inquired about it to my friend and he introduced me to his neighbour who is a dealer. He said all the cars are for sale and there was one 214 the petrol(i dont remember the type but it was a 98 model guess e500) it was a 6 cylinder and his asking price was 3 lakhs. Car was black in colour.

Thread Starter #37

350Z

Core Team
That sounds interesting. Mercedes W124 is a worth owning car if you have the capacity to maintain one. In fact, the regular maintenance is not very heavy as much as some major repairs, although they are quite certain for a car of this age. I'm still observing people selling off their W124s for Rs.6+ Lakhs and asking more than Rs.10+ Lakhs for W210s to rip off the buyers, which less informed ones merrily buy considering a Merc. :eek:

Drive Safe,
350Z

I hear from many people that you will be able to get w210's petrol for 4 to 5 lakhs in mumbai. You can try it out there. Petrol's have better reliability than diesels.[thumbsup]

Thread Starter #39

350Z

Core Team
I hear from many people that you will be able to get w210's petrol for 4 to 5 lakhs in mumbai. You can try it out there. Petrol's have better reliability than diesels.[thumbsup]
Yeah. The W210 Petrol has much poor resale value as compared to W210 E250 Diesel. But remember, Petrol loves to drink a lot and returns fairly less average. So all in all, it all brings down to the same level.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Only the better maintained W210's would command 5Lakhs. Imho, the petrol goes for about 3.5 to 4 in Mumbai. Also, its difficult to believe that the diesel is less reliable than the petrol, wouldn't it be the other way round [confused]

Cheers :)

Re: Mercedes Benz E-Class VS Small Hatchbacks!

Back ground

I am manik and Love to collect cars and work on the same. I enjoy off roading and use to have a GYPSY which was sold the next day after my marriage. My one passion was gone but I had my Minni (93 Contessa). I had her since new. Single owner diesel. I have got 2400 isuzu engine fitted 1 month prior to my marriage. She was locomotive. She use to pull and pull 4 gear 30 km/hr no problem. But my wife saw her as a piece of junk spoiling her house front view. ( even my house is going through a complete makeover and my poor cars as standing on the road and at my farm house). So one day she decides that its time for minni to go. So off Minni went to my cousins at my native place. For my wife I sold her. So now I told her that I need a new car to fill the gap and to come out of the shock of losing minni. She agreed.
She drives a C 250 CDI and I hate her car. I feel like I am driving a Japanese tin box with no soul. I told her that I wanted a W124 square lights wali Mercedes. She updated me that I already have a W123 300D turbo Diesel and W201 190E 2.6. Both are Californian Spec cars and In pristine condition. So after alot of gift givings she approved to let me Buy a W124.

So I started searching High and Low. One day My B-I-L friend came and told me he knows of clean W124 E220 originally owned by the Government Of India and the car was used by Himachal Pradesh Governor. So went with him to see the car and after about 1 hr I was the proud owner of Betz.
She was one of the best W124 available. So after buying off she went to my Mechanics workshop. He gave a clean bill of health. After a quick fluid change she went to Golden Temple.
Man what a trip it was. She was cruising at 170 Km/hr and she was as compose as compose can be. She was just gliding over the road. She took almost 1.45 hr to reach Amritsar. And gave 17 Km/l. Loved her to much and my wife was happy as it was car she wouldn't mind to show up at a party in. Poor Minni. I still love her.

About the car
It had almost all things taken care of and just needed a suspension overhaul. And the clutch was changed as a precaution. She came with full service history. She has a new OVP relay and wiring Harness. She had some Sarkari white towel type seat covers which preserved the leather seats for me.
She has absolutely no rust and she starts on the first crank and purs like a big cat.
I have also changed the Windshield which broke again and I also the headlamp switch. I ordered most parts for my car from USA and relatives carry them for me.
The car despite her age still feels solid. Her door close with thud which is very reassuring.

The thing I love most about her is the way she glides or cruises and its fun playing with civics and corollas and accords.

Hello guys, Bumping this thread after 2 and a half years. I am now looking at a 1995 Mercedes W124 200E with 86000kms on the clock. The car is in Bangalore and i from Chennai. I test drove the vehicle today and felt good. There was a lot of play in the gearbox (it kind of moved freely)and the gears were quite difficult to slot it in. And there was a vibration after 2500rpm which travelled through the entire car. Brakes and suspension were good. Also there was a noise when revved it higher. And all the switches were kind of misaligned and couldn't use it properly. All power windows working. Speedometer was a bit erratic. Asking price is 3 lakhs negotiable. Now the help i need is that, I need some knowledgeable guy from bangalore to take a look at the car and certify it for us so we can go ahead with the deal. Any leads?

Top Bottom