An introduction two months too late.

350Z

Core Team
You are fortunate that you didn't have to bear that long waitlist.
I always advise to opt for rear Parking sensors in cars like SX4 and dZire, It’s a sensible choice.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Here is an interesting piece of info.
We all know Dzire sells like a hot cake despite being ugly. The waiting period is around 3-4 months.
Since we know the dealer, he told us he would immediately allot the car on payment.
Simply put, pay the amount, drive away with the car[:D].
We have decided to take the delivery on Jan 21st.

Planned upgrades:
1. Tyres- Michelin or Bridgestone, profile of ZDI.
2. Alloys, provided dad agrees, he prefers stock setup, hard convincing him for after mart stuff. No alloys as of now, not at least for first 6 months.
Planned Accessories:
1. Garware sunfilms for all windows and front windshield.
2. Art leather seat covers.
3. Reverse sensors, not taken a final call yet.
Congratulations ... it is a great engine in a good car!!
Just a word of advice ... see if you can convince your father in advance of the purchase ... you will then be able to change the wheels (Tyre and Wheel) at the dealer end itself, and only have to pay the difference.
After 6 months, you will find it more difficult to sell off the old ones, and you will not get a very good price for it also.
Even if you are buying the same from an outside acc. shop, they will also exchange new tyres and wheels, but not 6 month old ones.

Thread Starter #18
Maruthi hiked price this week[frustration]. So the alloy plan goes straight into the trash can. To compensate, I am even ditching the seat cover too.
Tyre and sun films are the only one guaranteed, come what may.
A small question though, have heard lots about Michelin's soft sidewall and with the tyres being a tad expensive compared to Bridge Stone/Yokohama, I am having second thoughts about Michelin. Which is a good choose between BS/Yokohama? Primary importance is comfort without too much compromise on fuel efficiency. I am a sedate driver, not bothered about performance,0-100 and things.

One advantage with the Michelins ... I had some on my first Alto, and MRF and JK on the others ... it is crazy silent as compared to the road noise the others generate.
Got aboout 10K more kilometers too per set as compared to the Indian brands.

350Z

Core Team
Maruthi hiked price this week[frustration]. So the alloy plan goes straight into the trash can. To compensate, I am even ditching the seat cover too.
Tyre and sun films are the only one guaranteed, come what may.
A small question though, have heard lots about Michelin's soft sidewall and with the tyres being a tad expensive compared to Bridge Stone/Yokohama, I am having second thoughts about Michelin. Which is a good choose between BS/Yokohama? Primary importance is comfort without too much compromise on fuel efficiency. I am a sedate driver, not bothered about performance,0-100 and things.
Hello,
Please do start a new thread on your query in an appropriate section so that we can discuss further in detail and help you to select best set of tires for your new car. :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom