Ambassador or Premier Padmini? Which Do You Prefer? A Nostalgic Poll.

Which Car - Ambassador or Padmini?

• Total voters
It is Amby for me anyday !
I do have a lot of pleasant childhood memories attached to it...[:)]
People who arrive in a nicely maintained White Amby get a distinct attention even now.

Hindustan Ambassador has the reach to the rural village of all part of India. This popularity may be through movies, politicians usage etc.

Padmini is like premium segment. Not easy to view.

I like Ambassador a all terrain vehicle.

Have voted for Padmini,

during childhood i have travelled on both the cars, i know still ambassador is there and as strong as a SUV, but if i think about the past ear (flashback) journey on premier pamini comes to my mind first.

both the cars are good.i didnt had much driving experience of amby but m using premier padmini since 6 years and from that i can say that its good car.i also have indica EV2 and its fact that amby or premier are much behind todays cars but still we cant ignore them.long time ago my uncle had amby and we had done some short and long trips and it reminds me how smooth drive it was.suspension was comfortable and those days we didnt had radial tyres.the only thing we use to do is keeping little less air pressure in tyres.engine was also quite and smooth.and talking about premier padmini i can only say that whenever i take it for drive, a great feeling arises.whatever pros nd cons its always feels great to drive this old legend premier padmini[:)]

we had both a 1954 fiat & a 1974 amby at home. i learnt driving in the fiat and graduated to the amby. i feel the amby is a better vehicle because its roomier and it could carry as many people we wanted and the trunk was enormous. later we transplanted a brand new matador diesel engine into the amby and drove it all around.the diesel cost was inr 5 only at that time.

These were the two cars which were prominent on the roads before Maruti chipped in during early 90s. I remember that Padmini used to be called as Doctor's car. I am not sure if anyone would have heard this.

Amby is luxury and comfort particularly back seat. Nothing comes like reclining on it with sheer laziness :cool: travelling outside on a holiday. The back support is excellent.

jettasam

Suspended
I prefer Padmini since it has better looks. I drove amby, and the brakes are a damn problem which you donot find in Padmini.

Voted for P-P. My father's first car. Bought for Rs. 10,000 and sold for Rs. 10,000 (No typo errors, bought for ten thousand, sold for ten thousand rupees, both.). That too, after 2 years of rotting in rain and the likes. That's how my mother bargains :biggrin:.While selling and buying. You better believe it :biggrin: Always broken down, yet I love it.

Voted for P-P. My father's first car. Bought for Rs. 10,000 and sold for Rs. 10,000 (No typo errors, bought for ten thousand, sold for ten thousand rupees, both.). That too, after 2 years of rotting in rain and the likes. That's how my mother bargains :biggrin:.While selling and buying. You better believe it :biggrin: Always broken down, yet I love it.
Yeah, I agree:agree:. But it is also that when you shift from them, you lose the old way of driving and feel a bit different there.

Top Bottom