Amazing Borra Caves

Thread Starter #16
How I missed this thread. Great t'loug as mentioned. Keep writing. I think you are one of travel enthu we have here in TAI. Even I like travel but due to various reason I could n't execute it.

I think this place is really worth for 2000KM Travel.
Hi sethumurugan,

Thanks for your comments. It was really worth traveling 2000km. Before start of the travel, I was very doubtful about this place. Moreover, I would have felt for making my parents to travel along with me for such a long distance. Thank God...It was really amazing and everyone felt happy :)

Thread Starter #17

Return from Borra Caves
When we completed our visit to Borra Caves, it was almost 1:30PM. When we came out of the Borra Caves, it was raining heavily. The whole place was completely wet and all the shops near by
is occupied completely by the tourists who wanted to escape from rains. Hence, there was no place in the restaurant near by the entrance of Borra Caves.
Kids were complaining that they are feeling very much hungry. We had to squeeze into one of the road-side shops where they are selliWe ng snacks. I bought chips & cola for drinking.

We started waiting for the rains to stop. There was no sign of rains to stop but the speed at which the rains pouring has reduced to some extent.
We walked upto our car and occupied the seats. As everyone was feeling hungry we decided that there were some eateries in half a kilometers. There were plenty of eateries mostly operating from huts.
We entered into one of the first group of huts. The food was hot and spicy. Kids did not enjoy the food. They did not like the ambience of the hotel.
They were expecting hotel with atleast concrete roof. But, we liked the food and enjoyed the andhra cusine.

Journey towards Katiki Waterfall
After completing our meals we enquired with the hotel person about the waterfall in that area. He told us that we have to go back towards Vizag for about 5km and we will find one 'T' junction and have to take the road that perpendicular road
to reach waterfall. He gave us a hint that there will be lots of Armadas and Zypsys would be there in that 'T' junction and you can easiy identify. He also warned us that our car cannot go to the waterfall.
As the waterfall is inside the jungle and there is no road to reach the waterfall. We said thank you to that person for providing the information.

So, our plan was to visit waterfall. We started our car and moved towards Vizag. We travelled for about 5km and we saw that there are lots of Armadas and Zypsys were there near that 'T' junction.
I remember that we crossed this junction and there were cars even while we crossed in the morning. I didnot realize that the junction is the one which leads to waterfall.
As we were approaching the T junction, two people came towards our car and asked us to stop. I stopped the car and asked him "where is the road to waterfall" in hindi.
He immeidately replied that "this road goes to waterfall. however you car cannot go. we will take you there in our zypsy". Now, I politely declined and I asked him "Can you please tell me the route so that I can try in my car?"
This person who was explaining me got little irriated and showed his feeling while explaining. He again warned us "sir, if you go by your car, your bonnet and under belly of the car will be severely damaged. we are using old cars so we don't care much about damage".
Now, it is my turn to reply him "Thanks sir. I will try in my car. if I struck somewhere in between, I will come back and take your car". That person went back to his stand.

We started our car towards jungle road. For about a km, the road was kind of good with lots of potholes. We saw a deviation there. Now, we got little confused about the route to take.
There was one road which was 'half laid road' and the other route was in "no road condition". We were discussing ourselves that the 'half laid route' will be the road to waterfall as the waterfall is part of tour spot.
But, we wanted to make sure that we ask someone and then will move forward.

we saw a person was riding his bike and approaching towards our car. We signalled him to stop. He reached us and asked something in Telugu. I asked him in hindi "which is the road to waterfall".
He informed us in broken hindi that "the no-road route is the way to reach waterfall and our car can not go". Then he moved.

Now, we were in dilemma "whether to go in our car or not". My dad suggested that we park the car somewhere and take the taxi that plys towards waterfall.

We stopped our car near one tree. There was a petty shop beside the tree. When we stopped our car, one of the taxi fellow who was making trip to waterfall stopped near our car
and asked "do you want to come?". Immediately I asked him "how much is the rate per person?". The taxi fellow replied "you can give what others are giving".
I did not ask anyone, but we decided to get into his Armada. As already there were some people we occupied last row and my mom and kids occupied the middle row (shared with existing passengers).

The truck started his journey. I really got the feeling that it is truck because of the sound it made when it started the engine. We entered into "no-road region".
The truck was moving ahead. We saw only a single lane of size of the width of Armada. Th we Armada was so bouncy that we worried whether our heads will hit the roof if it bounces more.
We started cursing ourselves that we should have got into the Zypsy where we initially encountered at the T junciton.

We started worried "what will happen if another truck comes in opp direction". When we thought about that we saw there was one truck which was approaching our truck from opposite direction.

Our truck driver was honking..but looks like the oppsite fellow did not bother to listen. In few seconds he reached exactly opposite to us and stopped in a place where he had little space to park his car in the side.
Our drive approached near that truck. When we approached we found that our drive have to take right hand side to overtake this car. We looked at the right-hand side trees.
We found that there was a deep valley to the back of the trees in the right side and there is no side wall to protect if we skid even a little bit.

I was literally praying because I never ventured in a valley like this before. The ladies who were in the front were shouting that the driver is taking a risk.
But, the driver seems to be not worried about this. It could be because it is his daily life and he might be knowing the tricks to cross such hurdles.

As the journey istself was so dangerous and bouncy, we did not dare to take photograph while the car was moving. So please excuse me that I could not able to take the photograph
to show you the roads and the valley.

The truck reached a spot and stopped. The driver asked us to get down as there is no road further and we have to walk for a km in the jungle to reach the waterfall.
It was raining heavily and we were not having umbrella. We were thinking whether to stay back in the Armada itself or should we go ahead and see the waterfall.

As we have spent so much money in the travel, we should not worried too much about the rains. So, we decided to enjoy the rains as well as jungle and the waterfall.
We climbed up a place to start our walk towards waterfall.

This is the first view that we encountered when we climbed up.
P1000716.jpg

Here is the route towards waterfall
P1000717.jpg

Waterfall - Still far from our place where we are standing now...
P1000723.jpg

I have still some more to share.....Please wait.....

Hey nice travellogue buddy !! it is really one of the nice place around in AP and I always enjoyed being there. There is one good benefit of this trip is you could see 2 big rivers on the way Krishna at vijayawada and Godavari at Rajahmundry and at the destination you have Sea,beach at Vizag, the Kilasgiri(shiv parvati huge statue on a hill) and there is nice hill train goes from Vizag to Borra and Araku which you will really enjoy as filled with typical locals and goes thru' the hills. Borra caves are really good and Araku is known as Andhra Ooty !! Thanks for nice pics

Thread Starter #19
Hey nice travellogue buddy !! it is really one of the nice place around in AP and I always enjoyed being there. There is one good benefit of this trip is you could see 2 big rivers on the way Krishna at vijayawada and Godavari at Rajahmundry and at the destination you have Sea,beach at Vizag, the Kilasgiri(shiv parvati huge statue on a hill) and there is nice hill train goes from Vizag to Borra and Araku which you will really enjoy as filled with typical locals and goes thru' the hills. Borra caves are really good and Araku is known as Andhra Ooty !! Thanks for nice pics
Hi Gurrala74, Thanks. I really enjoyed the scenic around Araku Valley and enjoyed the Marine Drive in Vizag. Let me share some more travel experience in Araku Valley and then will start the experience of Vizag. It was a memorable trip in the recent times :). I really liked the Andhra food in Bawarchi, Vijayawada. Whenever I think of any andhra food, it remains me the Briyani I had in Bawarchi. I found it was really tasty than I tasted in Hyderabad.

Very good travelog. Your narration style is also good. It kept me busy to go through all writeup.

Keep posting till the end of the tour.

Thread Starter #21
Very good travelog. Your narration style is also good. It kept me busy to go through all writeup.

Keep posting till the end of the tour.
Thanks amit1km. Surely I will write this time. I could not completely write my last trip to Rajamundry....

Thread Starter #22
We started exploring the path towards waterfall. As it was raining heavily, we could not see anyone around the walkway. As most of the tourist who came along with us settled under a tree.
P1000731.jpg

Fantastic view of the hills on the way to waterfall
P1000734.jpg

On the way we found some shelters. However, it was not a shelter for the tourist. It was shops made by the locals who were selling honey and other items.
P1000739.jpg

Also, we found that people were selling "Bamboo Chicken". The chicken was marinated and backed by Bamboo trunks. As we had enough lunch, we were not feeling hungry.
Otherwise, we would have tasted and provided our feedback. But, some other people were discussing that the chickens were really good.

Some steps to climb up

P1000740.jpg
P1000750.jpg

Hi Gurrala74, Thanks. I really enjoyed the scenic around Araku Valley and enjoyed the Marine Drive in Vizag. Let me share some more travel experience in Araku Valley and then will start the experience of Vizag. It was a memorable trip in the recent times :). I really liked the Andhra food in Bawarchi, Vijayawada. Whenever I think of any andhra food, it remains me the Briyani I had in Bawarchi. I found it was really tasty than I tasted in Hyderabad.
I agree that Andhra food is really delicious, but if it is Biryani nothing beats Hyderabad in the country, might be you have not gone to the proper Biryani joints in Hyderabad. Let me know this time I will make a life time experience for you with really good Hyderabadi Biryani[:)] Yes for good Vegetarian food coastal Andhra is always superior than Hyderabad and some good non veg dishes too !!

Travel to araku viz train is a delight. Train passes through number of tunnels/viaducts. It was the only broad gauge railway track at highest altitude in the world till konkan rail came in to exisistance

Vizag itself has number of places like Simhachalam temple ( one of 108 divyadesam's ) Temple is nearly 1000 years old

Bheminupatnam dutch settlement where so many films were made ( Ek Dhuje Ke Liye)

Thread Starter #25
As there were more steps to reach to waterfall.....my kids stopped and they dont want to walk in rains.
P1000762.jpg

First view of the waterfall...People who were frequently visiting here were telling that the water level is less this time.
P1000757.jpg

P1000759.jpg

P1000760.jpg

Straight view - the water touches the ground here....

P1000767.jpg

We started returning
P1000769.jpg

View of waterfall while returning
P1000773.jpg

Top Bottom