• Alto K-10 VXi

Votes: 17 89.5%
  • Eon Magna+

Votes: 2 10.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thread Starter #1
Hi TAIans,

I am planning to buy a car shortly. Since I am on a very tight budget and the usage is around 500-600 km/month, I have decided to go for a petrol hatch. I have strictly kept my budget under 4 lakhs OTR and at the same time, expect the car to deliver a good performance. I have driven Alto K10 many times in the past and pretty much happy with it. I think Alto K10 VXi is a true VFM car in every aspect and for a 3 cylinder hatch, its performance is unbelievable. However my wife badly wants to go for Hyundai EON, purely based on its appearance! Even I feel it is way too ahead in terms of features and overall looks (Both exterior & interior) compared to the Maruti but the same cannot be said about its performance. During the test drive, I felt it is not as peppy as the K10. So need an advice from the owners who owned either the cars or who has experienced both of them.

Budget: 4 Lakhs OTR Bangalore
Top 5 Priorities: Good FE, Low Maintenance Cost, Performance (Handling & Drivability), Reliability
Monthly Running: 500-600 Km max.
For Which Purpose: Daily commute within the city (Long drive around 200 km once in 2 months)
Max. Seating Capacity: 5
Priority of Fuel Type: Petrol
Body Type: Hatchback

Also what I am interested to know is that, if I can stretch my budget to 5 lakhs, which one is a better option from below? Again my priorities remain the same as above:
Chevrolet Beat LS 1.2
Honda Brio E MT
Hyundai i10 Magna (1.2 Kappa)

re: Alto K-10 VXi or Hyundai Eon Magna+: Booked AltoK10

My vote goes for ALTO K10 VXi. Its a great car which would be a great performer on the roads.
Hyundai Eon is nice when it comes to interior quality. BUT the engine powering the Eon now is a commuters engine thats powering the car that is tuned to deliver maximum mileage.
If you are extending your budget to 5 lakhs Brio would be a good pick. But the EMT won't offer you much features.

Alto K10 (based on your top 5 priorities).
Why? Better FE, Lower Maintenance cost, Better performance, Reliability. Yes the Alto is better in all those departments.

@5 lakhs
It will be a close call between the i10 and the Brio. Different people will have different opinions on this. In case you stretch it to 5, TD both cars and decide. You can't go wrong with either.

Go with the alto k10, peace of mind package and a true no nonsense car. Really good on power and high on mileage. Only downside is lack of safety features (read ABS) and high engine noise.

Hi TAIans,

Also what I am interested to know is that, if I can stretch my budget to 5 lakhs, which one is a better option from below? Again my priorities remain the same as above:
Chevrolet Beat LS 1.2
Honda Brio E MT
Hyundai i10 Magna (1.2 Kappa)
In Less than 5 Lacs, you should be able to get Honda BRIO - SMT, which will give you EMT + all power windows, integrated Music System, Steering Controls , Body Coloured Handles & mirrors, Keyless Entry etc.

Just check OTR price in Bangalore.

I own a alto K10, its pocket rocket.
Great power , Good breaks, 18 kmpl FE in city.
Go for it eyes closed, also great offers running on K10 till june end

hi,
i have owned an alto k10 vxi for almost 10 months and 9000kms..and the ownership experience is brilliant to say the least [clap]
my view points as follows.
alto it is if you

love to drive
are on a small budget.
handles and rides very well for car of this size.
the K SERIES engine IS ANYDAY BETTET THAN THE EONS 800CC
slightly less space than the eon.
more focussed on being a pocekt rocket than a family car with fancy gadgets.

eon it is
if you want to please your wife
okay with an okay performance
if it is your wife driving it most of the time.
newer design ( personally i find it quirky)
lots of gadgets ( gear indicator blah blah)

my ownership review is here. I am sure it helps you.

and if you can stetch your budget go for the honda brio its a lovely car.

I feel I am the only one here who feels that the EON is a better car than the Alto.

I feel I am the only one here who feels that the EON is a better car than the Alto.
Eon is much ahead in terms of looks. It offers you a few additional features too, having said that K10 mill is much better in terms of performance.

Last edited:

I feel Eon is better in looks and interior.

but alto k10 has better motor.

Having owned the alto for 7 years. (800 Cc). I can say that the car is very reliable. But its a strict 2 seater. or 2 adults + kids. The K10 has much better gear box and a brilliant engine. I would surely buy a K10 if I am the only person to drive it rather than ferrying family. On the other , Eon has a lesser powerful engine and the long term reliability of the car is unknown.But it is spacious and better looking on the inside which is a big plus. After owning the verna i have decided never to buy a hyundai again. Purely because of their service a reliability. So i suggest you to go with k10 . It will keep you happy for a longer period than Eon.

I own a alto K10, its pocket rocket.
Great power , Good breaks, 18 kmpl FE in city.
Go for it eyes closed, also great offers running on K10 till june end
Is 18kmpl in Pune city with 100% AC? If yes then nothing can beat k10. In Pune k10 vxi is available for 360000 INR after discounts.

Good brakes -- Are these after tire upgrade or with stock tires?

Both the cars are good but if you are looking for performance than i'll say go for the Alto as it a better performer than the Eon but yes looks wise Eon is better than the Alto and also you get bit extra features in Eon.

So it depends what exactly you prefer better performance or looks with bit lower performance.

These are his top five priorities : Good FE, Low Maintenance Cost, Performance (Handling & Drivability), Reliability.

When the two cars are compared based on those, the Alto K10 wins it hands down. There's no doubt about it.

But if somebody asks me to choose between the two, I will always pick the Eon.

In Less than 5 Lacs, you should be able to get Honda BRIO - SMT, which will give you EMT + all power windows, integrated Music System, Steering Controls , Body Coloured Handles & mirrors, Keyless Entry etc.

Just check OTR price in Bangalore.
Road tax in Bangalore is one of the highest in the country. I am sure EMT itself will be costing around 4.75 there.

K-10 it definitely a better built car but people are just going for looks and buying EON.

If I have to select something under 4L I will blindly go for K10. If you can stretch your budget a bit you can go for Brio/i10.
I wouldn't suggest you Beat petrol atleast.

I had a 4 year old alto when I was in bangalore till jan and it used to give me mileage of 15-16 in city and 18-19 on highways.
After shifting to delhi I have bought Brio EMT.

Top Bottom