Alternatives To Pete's Box

Thread Starter #1
Thread Starter #3
Re: Alternatives to the Petes Box

Peter, thanks for sharing these links. Here’s a related thread that you would find useful: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/performance-zone/3345-comparison-tuning-boxes.html
I did read that thread. I was wondering whether to post in that thread itself, but the decided to leave that thread for discussions related to the test carried out and this one for the personal experiences with the boxes. However feel free to merge the threads if required.

Heard alot about Diesel Tronics now a days.Seems they are the simplest plung and play types.Even they have 4 modes to choose from & can be easily remove.Also COSWOTHs are doing remapping for around 16k.I m confused between remapping & tuning box.

I have installed Racedynamics tuning box to my car. I must say that the performance is amazing for a diesel car. I never expected such a pickup from over 5 year old car. When i gave my car with E mode to service,their first comment was "there is poor pickup in the car". Then they were surprised to see the effects of the 4 modes.

Hi surender which car u have.also do u find increase in mileage & power in P1 mode as quoted on their website

@shadabe,hi, i have a Hyundai Verna bought in July 2007, and completely customized.
There is an increase in mileage in P1 too.
I think last month, I tried with all 4 modes and the results were
S = 13 kmpl
E = 19 kmpl
P1 = 15 kmpl
P2 = 11 kmpl

@shadabe,hi, i have a Hyundai Verna bought in July 2007, and completely customized.
There is an increase in mileage in P1 too.
I think last month, I tried with all 4 modes and the results were
S = 13 kmpl
E = 19 kmpl
P1 = 15 kmpl
P2 = 11 kmpl
If in P1 you get Increased Power alng With Mileage than nothing better that that .

anyone modified their yeti. please post them. would love to read more about that. and pals some photos and in detail about how you guys are going about it.

Off late am hearing lot about Racedynamics. If am not wrong they were one of the sponsors during recent Punto's record drive from Kashmir to Kanyakumari. For a diesel mill tuning, it costs @ 20k I guess.

Off late am hearing lot about Racedynamics. If am not wrong they were one of the sponsors during recent Punto's record drive from Kashmir to Kanyakumari. For a diesel mill tuning, it costs @ 20k I guess.
Yes, there is increase in power,and the difference can be felt easily.

I am planning to fit racedynamics dual channel box in 2013 Elantra diesel automatic.
Please help me in taking this plunge [:D]

Today I could not resist myself and installed dual channel RD box from poona motors, camp, pune.
Driven only 50kms today thereafter so cannot give complete verdict but the results are interesting for sure

P1 mode looks very good and turbo lag is almost gone.It drives like petrol car.
E mode still looks drivable in city and might increase mileage upto 40% fingers crossed [clap]
P2 looks very dangerous and car go crazy in this mode

I will provide complete verdict in each mode regularly

Top Bottom